Search this Thread

Old 05-11-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Good Wife -- "Unplugged" -- 05/11/10

Good Wife

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The winner is announced in the competition between Alicia and Cary.

WRITTEN BY: Karen Hall

DIRECTED BY: Christopher Misiano

Paige Turco guest stars.

Episode 21 of 23

This should be a good one, although since the show is about Alicia you obviously know what the result will be unless they go in a totally different direction with her career.
Old 05-13-10, 12:04 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The Good Wife -- "Unplugged" -- 05/11/10

Loving me some Eli Gold! Loved seeing him in the office, although I thought he was gonna end up being the 3rd partner.

Nice to have an ep free of Peter and the Kids.

And what's up with Kalinda? Playing the cop, but really with the hots for the bartender.
Old 05-13-10, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

I guess I'm not that surprised that Cary had to make the douche move on his way out. The character will surely be back trying to screw over the firm.

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Loving me some Eli Gold! Loved seeing him in the office, although I thought he was gonna end up being the 3rd partner.
That's what I thought too.
Old 05-16-10, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Just caught this today.

Solid episode. Of course Alicia would win and get the job...After all the show is about her. So, the outcome was predictable. Cary looked pissed after hearing the decision from Will and Diane. He gave Alicia a really dirty look. I guess he's now going to be an adversary to the firm and work with Childs (or MIB since he's also on Lost)

I thought the best scene of the episode was prior to the decision when we saw Alicia overwhelmed with the bills and then broke down crying. I thought that was a really poignant moment for the character.

Does anyone here know how much a Junior Associate makes? I'm just wondering if Alicia's income would be sufficient for the type of apartment they are living in and obviously all the other expenses they have.

Alright, I know Eli Gold is Peter's campaign manager. I'm not sure what he did exactly to help Alicia secure the job? Did he recruit more clients for the firm?

The scene with Kalinda and the Cop was really weird. They have hinted all along that she's a closet Lesbian and I'm not sure what she was doing with him other than getting information regarding the trial. I got a very kinky vibe after he whispered something into her ear and then she just went along with it.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-16-10 at 04:16 AM.
Old 05-16-10, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
JDoes anyone here know how much a Junior Associate makes? I'm just wondering if Alicia's income would be sufficient for the type of apartment they are living in and obviously all the other expenses they have.

Alright, I know Eli Gold is Peter's campaign manager. I'm not sure what he did exactly to help Alicia secure the job? Did he recruit more clients for the firm?
Eli Gold brought HIS business over to the firm - he's an extremely big fish, so him bringing his business to Lockheart & Gardiner means some huge coin for them, which is what secured the job for Alicia. He's a big name in the political world so he has a lot of sway (and money).

Her salary isn't huge I'd assume but I think they are managing, however Peter has caused some extra expense. She was mainly distraught thinking about the struggles they would have to face if she was fired - I'm pretty sure now that she's got the job, they'll be fine and we won't see much more of that stuff at home.
Old 05-16-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
The scene with Kalinda and the Cop was really weird. They have hinted all along that she's a closet Lesbian and I'm not sure what she was doing with him other than getting information regarding the trial. I got a very kinky vibe after he whispered something into her ear and then she just went along with it.
She is very clearly a lesbian -- the way she looked at the hot female bartender just before she left reveals this. She's having sex with the cop to keep him as a source. Her obvious dilemma is that she's prostituting herself for her job.
Old 05-16-10, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Flave
She is very clearly a lesbian -- the way she looked at the hot female bartender just before she left reveals this. She's having sex with the cop to keep him as a source. Her obvious dilemma is that she's prostituting herself for her job.
I haven't previously read her as a possible lesbian since the second episode - but it's something I've been curious if the show would explore at some point in the future. I really like how the cop points out that there arrangement is purely physical and she should "go to someone else for the mental"...

On a different note I watched the last three episodes of the show this afternoon after having them pile up on my DVR for what felt life forever, and I have to say the show is getting better and better. I'm curious where the show's going to wrap and what will be arcing season 2.