Search this Thread

Old 04-30-10, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Stargate Universe -- "Lost" -- 04/30/10

SGU

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The Destiny takes off and leaves Lt. Scott, Eli, Chloe and Greer trapped in the ruins of an underground maze, prompting Dr. Rush and Col. Young to devise a recovery plan to save the stranded away team before the ship leaves the galaxy.

Episode 15 of 20

Apparently this episode will give more backstory to the Greer character
Old 05-01-10, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Stargate Universe -- "Lost" -- 04/30/10

Pretty good episode. You know they are going to get back on the ship though but it would be cool if they just cut off some of the main actors. That would put some real danger in this show. I think what I liked most was the ending without fixing everything. We are left with a ship jumping into the space between galaxies which will bring major problems and 3 people stranded on a alien world with no hope of getting off. Fun times.

I also dug Mr Angry back story. Now we know why he is so angry.
Old 05-01-10, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought this was a pretty good episode too.

The back story to Mr. Angry (Greer) was very well done. Now we know his Dad was a fucking prick.

One of the things that I really liked was them keeping the danger/arc going with Scott, Chloe and Eli being stranded. A typical SG-A or SG-1 episode would have had a nice and tidy ending with them being safe at the end. I'm glad the writer of this episode stayed away from that and kept the storyline ongoing. Now with the Destiny apparently in trouble next week, it adds more tension to this arc.

The thing I don't get is how a gorgeous woman like TJ would even be remotely attracted to someone like Col. Young, who has alot of issues. Even though Louis Ferreia is a pretty lifeless actor, I thought his scene with Alaina when she confessed the pregnancy was done pretty good. She was solid as usual.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-01-10 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-01-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Wow, I thought this was an awesome episode!

Its pretty depressing though that it only elicits three comments...

I hope this isn't a sign of its future success because I really want this show to continue.
Old 05-01-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Wow, I thought this was an awesome episode!

Its pretty depressing though that it only elicits three comments...

I hope this isn't a sign of its future success because I really want this show to continue.
It's super early, but I have been really enjoying this show alot more than the last couple of seasons of Atlantis.

The lack of comments can be partly attributed to alot of people in this forum not having cable or satellite and the 7 day delay until this reaches Hulu. I think there is alot to talk about in each episode. Probably IMO one of the best new serial dramas of the year.
Old 05-01-10, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to admit that the last four eps have all been very good. I thought the first half of the season was boring to the extreme. Glad I stuck with it.

Cool-looking Dino-creature in this ep as well!
Old 05-02-10, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
It's super early, but I have been really enjoying this show alot more than the last couple of seasons of Atlantis.

The lack of comments can be partly attributed to alot of people in this forum not having cable or satellite and the 7 day delay until this reaches Hulu. I think there is alot to talk about in each episode. Probably IMO one of the best new serial dramas of the year.
Yeah, I don't have cable right now, sometimes I try to catch up on hulu. Last one I saw was "Space" which was good.
Old 05-02-10, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Ranger
Yeah, I don't have cable right now, sometimes I try to catch up on hulu. Last one I saw was "Space" which was good.
That was the 1st episode after the long hiatus.

http://www.hulu.com/stargate-universe

Episodes 9-14 are up on Hulu. 14 aired last Friday (the 23rd)

This isn't like SG-A or SG-1 where you can casually watch an episode every other week/month. It's heavily serialized.
Old 05-02-10, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Yeah, I thought this was one of the best episodes yet. Action, tension, drama, characterization, continuity, giant spiders, and a rancor! What more could you want?
Old 05-02-10, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Rancor, that was what that dinosaur reminded me of. On a different note I read a short story about the rancor trainer, it was kind of sad. I forget which book it was in.
Old 05-03-10, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Rancor, that was what that dinosaur reminded me of. On a different note I read a short story about the rancor trainer, it was kind of sad. I forget which book it was in.
probably one of the "Tales" books, either Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina or Tales of the Bounty Hunters

edit: looks like it was Tales from Jabba's Palace
didn't know there was one with that title but I must have read it as the rancor keeper sounds familiar
Old 05-03-10, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

the drama in the last two episodes with crew members being stranded feels more "real"
I can't really explain what I mean but in the first half of the season all the tension and drama seemed really forced and fake