Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/15/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home?
Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
20.00%
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
0%
Amanda Kimmel (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
JT Thomas (Tocantins)
30.00%
Candice Woodcock (Cook Islands)
0%
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
20.00%
Danielle DiLorenzo (Panama)
0%
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
10.00%
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
0%
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
Courtney Yates (China)
20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/15/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-10, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/15/10

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Just like she did in the Pearl Islands.

I hate Sandra.
Pearl Islands ruined?

You mean all the constant power shifts and unpredictable boots ruined PI?

Pearl Islands is one of the greatest seasons if not the greatest season and Sandra was a huge part of that.
Old 04-16-10, 07:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Anyone else planning to eat at Outback Steakhouse soon? I'm taking my wife and kids tomorrow night!
Are you taking out a second mortgage?

I've been there once, years ago. Way too expensive for what you get. VERY overrated.
Old 04-16-10, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't think Russell knows about Parvati's idol. I didn't get that vibe from that clip at all.
Old 04-16-10, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

One thing that amuses me about Russell is that no matter how outlandish his stories or claims of what he's going to make happen sound, damned if he doesn't convince people with them and make what he wants to happen actually go down...no matter how inconceivable it seems at the time. Listening to that clip, you think "how in the hell can that possibly work" but no doubt somehow it will.

I also am glad that this is an all stars season with Russell. It really illustrates how utterly over matched the contestants he was on with last season were. It seems he's going to have to work a lot harder to get to the end this time. It should get very interesting over the next couple of weeks until things are (as usually happens) pretty well set at the last seven.
Old 04-16-10, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Simply amazing. But I think Russell blew a golden opportunity to blindside Parv - he could have easily gotten Jerri, Courtney, and Sandra to vote Parv. Now he'll have to make up an excuse. However, the heroes are so stupid, they'll probably believe anything.

at Danielle in the reward challenge. Looked like she was a taking a nap during it. Did she have those yabos the last time she was on?

And how could you have an Outback reward with no bloomin' onion? That's the only reason to go to Outback.
Old 04-16-10, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Just like she did in the Pearl Islands.

I hate Sandra.
I also hate Sandra. I don't feel she ruined Pearl Islands, but I really do not like her at all and was rooting for Fairplay to get to the end. Last night I was hoping the villans would come to the conclusion that she is more of a threat than Courtney. How did the fact that Sandra already won the game not come up? In the first All Stars the previous winners had large targets on them from day one because they already won, however this time around it seems to never come up. Maybe those conversations have been edited out?

I also can't believe that Parvarti is still in the game. She is the most dangerous player out there next to Russel and I have the feeling that she will screw him over the first chance she gets, which sucks because I'm rooting for Russel. I know I've said it before, but I totally agree with Randy about Parvarti, if you're going to keep her in the game, I don't even want to play.
Old 04-16-10, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

Lets also not forget to give a huge amount of credit to Russell who played JT over the course of 3 days with puppy dog glances and sign language indicating he needed help desperatly
Old 04-16-10, 08:35 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I were Russell, I would have said I voted for Courtney because I found out she had the other hidden immunity idol and knew she wouldn't play it at that tribal council because she thought she was safe, so I figured it was a great chance to get it out of the all-girl alliance's hands before the merge.
Old 04-16-10, 10:43 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every single person left is either annoying as hell or stupid as hell.

The 2 people I least wanted to win a few weeks ago - Russell and Poverty - are probably the 2 I want to win most now, just so all the other dumbasses feel like dumbasses at the end.
Old 04-16-10, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
Are you taking out a second mortgage?

Way too expensive for what you get. VERY overrated.
Yep.
Old 04-16-10, 11:16 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

I don't see why the women didn't have a go at it, and try and get Russell out!
Old 04-16-10, 12:04 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jeff Probst had some interesting comments in his blog about giving away the HII. It seems stupid to us because we know what's going on. But consider if JT had been right: There would be an all-girl alliance coming to the merge and Parvati and Amanda had aligned together in a previous season. JT, Colby, and Rupert might have just got picked off one by one after the merge. So a very risky move that didn't work out, but there was some reasonable logic behind. Now the BFF letter he wrote to Russell, that's entirely another matter.
Old 04-16-10, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog

at Danielle in the reward challenge. Looked like she was a taking a nap during it. Did she have those yabos the last time she was on?
Yeah, Danielle had those yabos the first time around. It's a shame because her bod's pretty tight, but those yabos just provide too much of a cartoonish look to her bod.
Old 04-16-10, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim
Jeff Probst had some interesting comments in his blog about giving away the HII. It seems stupid to us because we know what's going on. But consider if JT had been right: There would be an all-girl alliance coming to the merge and Parvati and Amanda had aligned together in a previous season. JT, Colby, and Rupert might have just got picked off one by one after the merge. So a very risky move that didn't work out, but there was some reasonable logic behind. Now the BFF letter he wrote to Russell, that's entirely another matter.
I likened JT's move to throwing a Hail Mary at the start of the 3rd quarter of a football game, and having that pass intercepted and run back for a TD by the other team. It was a totally unnecessary move, with far too much risk vs. the reward.
Old 04-16-10, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eric D.
The Outback Steakhouse stuff was super lame, especially Sandra's scripted speech about it.
I don't know. I watch The Biggest Loser and can't stand when the do the product placement thing halfway through the show but I really believed Sandra LOVES Outback Steakhouse.

I also think that stuff was more about Sandra than the reward.

As for the women not making a go of it and getting rid of Russell, I really think they all probably see him as someone they want to take along to the end, especially after he'll probably have to break his word to the heroes next week.
Old 04-16-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thing I'd like to know is, where did JT get the pen and paper from? Are you allowed to bring stationery with you to the island?
Old 04-16-10, 01:05 PM

It might have been part of the luxury items the Heroes won in an earlier challenge. One of the secret scenes shows Amanda has her own little piece of paper with a list of players she considers "options."
Old 04-16-10, 01:17 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

It was Amanda's Lux Item per Jeff's blog.
Old 04-16-10, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TwineTime
I don't know. I watch The Biggest Loser and can't stand when the do the product placement thing halfway through the show but I really believed Sandra LOVES Outback Steakhouse.

I also think that stuff was more about Sandra than the reward.
I love Outback myself but probably not at Sandra's level. I don't believe it was scripted though.
Old 04-16-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did JT wrote that letter? It looked like a girl handwriting.
Old 04-16-10, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zuffy
Did JT wrote that letter? It looked like a girl handwriting.
Did you watch the ep? We see JT writing the letter.
Old 04-16-10, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've never seen someone so lucky on this show. First, there was the stupidity of Tyson. Now, people are giving Russell idols because they're making too many assumptions.

All the stuff on the show about Russell planting his seed are ridiculous. I mean, come on, when you've got dumb Rupert saying "THAT WOMEN'S ALLIANCE LOOKS STRONG" and "IT LOOKS LIKE THEY GOT A WOMEN'S ALLIANCE" all the time and JT telling Russell to "hang in there, buddy," it would take someone as dumb as Rupert not to play off of that.
Old 04-16-10, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by zuffy
I love Outback myself but probably not at Sandra's level. I don't believe it was scripted though.
If I had been without food for 20 days and they brought in a plate of Big Macs, I would have easily talked for an hour on the many virtues of McDonald's without even being prompted.

This wasn't out of the ordinary. People talk about their favorite places to eat like this all the time. But in this case, they were the sponsor and when she did it, they saw the gold there and edited it in at every chance they could.
Old 04-16-10, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08eVOSBdaQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08eVOSBdaQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

CBS posted this clip. Russell talks about what he is going to say to the Heroes, with regards to Courtney going home instead of Parvati. I'm not sure if spoiler tags are necessary, but just in case:

Spoiler:
Russell says that he is going to tell them that Parvati played an idol also. Doesn't seem like a very good story to me. Even if it had been an all-girl alliance, Parvati wouldn't have played an idol.

It also gives away something that contradicts the editing we saw tonight:

Spoiler:
Russell knows Parvati has an idol.
Given that Russell lies, he certainly doesn't have any need to believe in what he said, so it doesn't give anything away. More Russell BS.

Last edited by OldDude; 04-16-10 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-16-10, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by the big train
I've never seen someone so lucky on this show. First, there was the stupidity of Tyson. Now, people are giving Russell idols because they're making too many assumptions.

All the stuff on the show about Russell planting his seed are ridiculous. I mean, come on, when you've got dumb Rupert saying "THAT WOMEN'S ALLIANCE LOOKS STRONG" and "IT LOOKS LIKE THEY GOT A WOMEN'S ALLIANCE" all the time and JT telling Russell to "hang in there, buddy," it would take someone as dumb as Rupert not to play off of that.
Thank you. I'm tired of everyone acting like this had anything to do with Russell. JT and Rupert came up with this asinine idea and Russell, like anyone with a brain, ran with it.

Also, I'd like to say: I love Boston Rob but him leaving was the best thing to happen to this show. The rest of the villains are actually getting some airtime now. Parvati was hilarious reading JT's letter and Sandra was cracking me up during the reward challenge and at the actual reward. Even Danielle has a storyline!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.