Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/15/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home?
Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
20.00%
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
0%
Amanda Kimmel (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
JT Thomas (Tocantins)
30.00%
Candice Woodcock (Cook Islands)
0%
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
20.00%
Danielle DiLorenzo (Panama)
0%
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
10.00%
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
0%
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
Courtney Yates (China)
20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/15/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 4/15/10

What's up w/ Sandra's left foot? Looks like she has 6 toes.
Old 04-15-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously, Stephen was the brains behind the JT operation.

Parvati reading the letter may have passed, "It's a fucking stick," for my favorite funniest Survivor moment.
Old 04-15-10, 10:16 PM

I really think JT and the entire Heroes tribe overthought things. On a regular season of Survivor, this would never, ever, EVER happen. But in trying to make a brilliant move, they just made a stupid one.
Old 04-15-10, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heroes best choice next week is try to convince the Villians that they're voting for Russell or Parvati and vote Jerri out.
Old 04-15-10, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Obviously, Stephen was the brains behind the JT operation.
Yea, but JT did have the charm that first season. No one had a negative thing to say about him. Him trying to be all sneaky and strategize this time around just isn't going to work for him. But he is one of those guys that can go on a immunity challenge streak and go really far. So it'll be interesting. However, the jury will eat him alive this time if he made it to the end.
Old 04-15-10, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone else planning to eat at Outback Steakhouse soon? I'm taking my wife and kids tomorrow night!
Old 04-15-10, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I think Parvati will end up blind siding Russell with her idol near the end. I agree that they should have voted Sandra over Courtney. It would be much easier for Russell to convince the Heroes that Sandra had to go before Parvati. The moment they merge, Sandra will just spill the beans to the Heroes on what Russell is up too.
Old 04-15-10, 11:31 PM

The most enjoyable part of the show is how Rupert seems like a bigger and bigger buffoon as time goes on (he's been a buffoon from day one, it just seems to get worse the more he's on screen) ... broken toe and all that weight and he thinks he'd be the best in that challenge? It was amusing to see him go first and watch the villains imitating him during the reward. Also amusing to see him laughing/grunting at how good the give the idol away strategy could be.

Hard to believe that Amanda seemed to be the only voice of reason about giving away the idol, though Candice did bring up a good point - at least it would get the idol away from JT. Still, it's mind-boggling how they could just assume they knew what was going on (and I think this is another case where Probst influences play with his leading questions...). It's one thing to ask questions at council.. but before challenges now? One question about the reaction of who went home... Ok.... but two questions, why doesn't he just put a villain buff on?
Old 04-15-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I personally don't give a shit if Russell ever wins the game of Survivor, but no one has ever caused or had more crazy shit happen to them in the entire history of this show. He's pretty goddamn amazing.
Old 04-15-10, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stupidest move ever by JT and his allies Amanda and Rupert should have tried to talk him out of it.

From Candice's prespective I can see why JT possesing the idol is just as awful as any of the villians having it. Had she not won individual immunity the round James went JT would have tried to take her out.
Old 04-15-10, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
But he is one of those guys that can go on a immunity challenge streak and go really far.
Last season they had a lot of complete random individual challenges like slingshot,counting fish,bowling and that balancing thing Russell won that go against most seasons pattern of individual immunity challenges that favor athletic dudes.

I think the season Tom won,Micronesia and Cook Islands were the only seasons which the challenges were almost set up for the most athletic dude to go on a challenge run without at least 1 completely random challenge thrown in there. It would be almost a suicide mission for any person to actually be counting on a challenge run most seasons.

Last edited by Howie2000; 04-16-10 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-16-10, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by cartman
What would have been really great is if one of two things happened:

1) The women realized that they could have formed a womens alliance and voted off Russell.

2) Russell got rid of Parvati and really been homefree after a merge with an assumed to have been used idol.
I think Russell would go with #2 if they didn't have so much time left. I thought the same thing, or that JT would give Russell a fake idol and keep the real one without his tribe knowing.
Originally Posted by suziq999
I will eat my socks if that turns out to be even a REMOTELY sensible move. JT is the biggest dumb ass that ever assed. I can't believe all the heroes LET him do that! Not one sensible one of them left.
Your socks are in my pants, Suzi Q.
Old 04-16-10, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Stupidest move ever by JT and his allies Amanda and Rupert should have tried to talk him out of it.
Not fair to lump Amanda in there. They showed us how she reacted for a reason, which was to give the audience some idea that someone actually thought JT's idea was not a good one. Who's knows how much more she said that they have to cut and if no one else is questioning JT, Amanda just makes herself a target if she starts some kind of fight.

Rupert is a full on idiot, but Colby has been horrible almost all season, in challenges anjd in his decision making. He's actually lucky to be there, since the idiots voted out, I think, their best player in Tom over James and then "came to their senses" a week/3 days later and booted James.

I understand how a few people can say that it really did seem, at the time, that there was an all girl alliance, but you just don't assume anything enough to give someone you don't know the idol and their group was clearly superior and if they'd stuck together for even a short period of time, they most likely would have knocked out several of the girls who are with Russell and, maybe, even the King, himself.

I'd kind of like them to either take the idol out in future seasons OR limit how often they put it into play.
Old 04-16-10, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08eVOSBdaQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08eVOSBdaQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

CBS posted this clip. Russell talks about what he is going to say to the Heroes, with regards to Courtney going home instead of Parvati. I'm not sure if spoiler tags are necessary, but just in case:

Spoiler:
Russell says that he is going to tell them that Parvati played an idol also. Doesn't seem like a very good story to me. Even if it had been an all-girl alliance, Parvati wouldn't have played an idol.

It also gives away something that contradicts the editing we saw tonight:

Spoiler:
Russell knows Parvati has an idol.
Old 04-16-10, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

JT was right about making history.
Old 04-16-10, 01:17 AM

I'm not sure I see Parv and Russell turning on each other - they both may be each others' best bet in a jury vote. I only see them turning if one of them is at risk and has no other choice (or find someone along the way who would be more hated by the jury).

What could be a stupendous play next week is for Russell to play up that Sandra is the girl alliance ring leader (I assume the first thing Sandra does is to try to flip and convince folks that Russell is running the show and should go first). He can make it seem like Sandra is just lying so they can target another guy and at the same time make it seem like she's trying to win over Candice and Amanda by voting out a villain guy first before targeting the Hero guys. In parallel, Jeri could go to Rupert "trying" to get Russell out and Parv/Danielle go to Candice and Amanda with the same plan, and sell it as Sandra's plan, in hopes of pretending to create an all girl allliance.

If they could get the heroes thinking Sandra is the one to take out to break up the all girl alliance, then the villains may not even have to play an idol. And in doing so, Russell would earn some trust from the remaining Heroes and the Villains alliance would know who they were targeting next - which would set up an easy immunity idol blindside the following week (And if it's a guy, Russell might even potentially be able to go to the remaining guys and make it seem like it must have been an idol found at the villains camp and make it seem like one or two of the girls flipped)
Old 04-16-10, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
CBS posted this clip. Russell talks about what he is going to say to the Heroes, with regards to Courtney going home instead of Parvati. I'm not sure if spoiler tags are necessary, but just in case:

Spoiler:
Russell says that he is going to tell them that Parvati played an idol also. Doesn't seem like a very good story to me. Even if it had been an all-girl alliance, Parvati wouldn't have played an idol.
Spoiler:
He could say that Parv saw the Heroes give him the idol (or suspected it) and she knew she would be gone when he played it... if both of them played an idol, it would be a re-vote (I think?) and one of the other 3 would have to go home. It's a stretch, but it's not like there are a bunch of rocket scientists over at the Heroes' camp

It also gives away something that contradicts the editing we saw tonight:

Spoiler:
Russell knows Parvati has an idol.
Spoiler:
He never says in the video that he knows Parv has the idol, just that he's going to say that to explain the Courtney vote. Russell may not know Parv has an idol - but he knows that another one probably existed at the Villains camp (and the Heroes would at least have to consider that someone found an idol at Villains camp). They did show him kind of lurking - although it was completely unclear from the way they edited it (I assume that was intentional)... but 2 girls walking around the woods with a shovel and a cameraman is not exactly "stealthy".
Old 04-16-10, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
Spoiler:
He could say that Parv saw the Heroes give him the idol (or suspected it) and she knew she would be gone when he played it... if both of them played an idol, it would be a re-vote (I think?) and one of the other 3 would have to go home. It's a stretch, but it's not like there are a bunch of rocket scientists over at the Heroes' camp
Spoiler:
That is pretty weak. It would be far more believable to say that it was a split vote 3-1-1 or 2-2-1 , with the girls hedging their bets in case Russell had an idol.

Originally Posted by wirefan
Spoiler:
He never says in the video that he knows Parv has the idol, just that he's going to say that to explain the Courtney vote. Russell may not know Parv has an idol - but he knows that another one probably existed at the Villains camp (and the Heroes would at least have to consider that someone found an idol at Villains camp). They did show him kind of lurking - although it was completely unclear from the way they edited it (I assume that was intentional)... but 2 girls walking around the woods with a shovel and a cameraman is not exactly "stealthy".
Spoiler:
He said "Parvati played her idol". The way he phrased makes it sound like he knows she has one, not that it was just something made up as part of the story.
Old 04-16-10, 03:11 AM

They should've sent Sandra home. Now Sandra is going to ruin everything
Old 04-16-10, 03:15 AM

All the Survivor contestants were surprisingly really friendly after the immunity challenge for some reason. Usually it's more hostile
Old 04-16-10, 03:23 AM

The Outback Steakhouse stuff was super lame, especially Sandra's scripted speech about it.
Old 04-16-10, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Not fair to lump Amanda in there. They showed us how she reacted for a reason, which was to give the audience some idea that someone actually thought JT's idea was not a good one. Who's knows how much more she said that they have to cut and if no one else is questioning JT, Amanda just makes herself a target if she starts some kind of fight.
Amanda thought it was a bad idea because she didn't want Parvati to go, not because she thought it would backfire on the Heroes. She wants to get rid of JT and now she is assuming one of her "options" is gone while JT gets to have Russell in his pocket.
Old 04-16-10, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TyroneJordan
All the Survivor contestants were surprisingly really friendly after the immunity challenge for some reason. Usually it's more hostile
The heroes were mingling to throw the attention off of the JT/Russell transaction.
Old 04-16-10, 06:12 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by TyroneJordan
They should've sent Sandra home. Now Sandra is going to ruin everything
Just like she did in the Pearl Islands.

I hate Sandra.
Old 04-16-10, 06:15 AM

Was it just my imagination or was Parvati sporting some major camel toe in the reward challenge?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.