Search this Thread

Old 04-13-10, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Melrose Place -- Season (most likely Series) Finale -- "Wilshire" -- 04/13/10

Katie Cassidy

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Amanda fires Ella in the Season finale, but Ella will not go down without a fight. Elsewhere, Jonah and Riley reconcile, and David and Lauren get back together, but a jealous Morgan (Melissa Ordway) tries to come between them.

Unfortunately this episode was shot months ago, so the writers did not write a "Series Finale" even though the ratings have been horrible. They are still hoping for a 2nd season. Doubtful though.
Old 04-13-10, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Melrose Place -- Season (most likely Series) Finale -- "Wilshire" -- 04/13/10

What does it say when you bring back one of the most notorious bitches of evening primetime drama and your show STILL fails? The CW is really going to be hurting for shows next season.
Old 04-13-10, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Re: Melrose Place -- Season (most likely Series) Finale -- "Wilshire" -- 04/13/10

It would suck if this one got the axe. It's easily the best of the CW Mon/Tue soap operas.
Old 04-13-10, 09:36 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Way better thAn 90210. Sigh.
Old 04-13-10, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk God

I just don't understand how this never caught on. Katie Cassidy alone was a good enough reason for me to watch.

I think the Heather Locklear stunt was essentially a failure even though she has been good.
Old 04-13-10, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I just don't understand how this never caught on. Katie Cassidy alone was a good enough reason for me to watch.

I think the Heather Locklear stunt was essentially a failure even though she has been good.
They killed there hook in the first episode. They advertised the show with Laura Leighton and then she was just seldom seen in flashbacks. She was the only reason I started watching the show. Lack of completion was the only reason I stuck with it (glad I did) but I would guess that a lot of people didn't do the same.
Old 04-13-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Timber
They killed there hook in the first episode. They advertised the show with Laura Leighton and then she was just seldom seen in flashbacks. She was the only reason I started watching the show. Lack of completion was the only reason I stuck with it (glad I did) but I would guess that a lot of people didn't do the same.
I agree. The show was rather ho-hum at the start too. The only good storyline was Lauren's.
Old 04-14-10, 12:07 AM
Suspended

Decent ending. Someone give Katie a show that sill last for more than a season.
Old 04-14-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Yeah not bad. I hope the chick who plays Lauren gets another show soon too.
Old 04-14-10, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ella spanked Amanda! I loved that conclusion. I'm really hoping against hope that the show is renewed for a second season. I'm not crazy about Jonah, but the look on his face when he realized that Riley didn't want him anymore was priceless. That was great acting. Drew and the heart valve revelation was good as well, however, they've shown him shirtless many a time and he had no scars that would suggest that he had heart surgery.

The only storyline I am hating is that psycho chick that's stalking David, and her father forcing him into stealing as a profession. That was ridiculous - but it's definitely classic Melrose IMO.
Old 04-15-10, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Here's a Tweet from Darren Swimmer, Melrose Place's Co-Showrunner:

http://twitter.com/DSwim

Melrose Place: Thnx for the love, fans. Honestly, a season 2 looks like it ain't gonna happen. All signs say no, but no official word yet.
Even he knows the show is toast.
Old 04-15-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Decent ending. Someone give Katie a show that sill last for more than a season.
There were rumors that she was offered a part in the new Charlie's Angels TV show and CW wouldnt let her out of her contract in case they renewed Melrose.
Old 04-15-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by riley_dude
There were rumors that she was offered a part in the new Charlie's Angels TV show and CW wouldnt let her out of her contract in case they renewed Melrose.
New Charlies Angels show? Just take the 3 hotties from Melrose Place and you have your angels.
Old 04-15-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
New Charlies Angels show? Just take the 3 hotties from Melrose Place and you have your angels.
I'd watch that...
Old 04-15-10, 06:15 PM

I thought it was terrible--so smooth, plastic, shiny, and fake. A world with no real danger--Amanda's diva-on-the-catwalk arrest was completely unbelievable, as was the rest of the ludicrously streamlined story in which messy details and continuity were left out. The original melrose place had drama with real danger--the shocking end of season cliffhanger endings were something significant. This, however, was boring.

The plot about amanda's lost painting was just imposed upon us, as was insufferable idiot drew; I really don't care about either of them. Stuffing as many random events into an episodic form does not give you an ongoing drama series ala the original MP; it just insults our intelligence. I hope there isn't a second season of this junk; after all, they gave us nothing to look forward to. Aborting the original Sydney storyline instead of fleshing it out was a fatal mistake; Sydney was such an interesting character, while Amanda was NOT (and neither were her cheek implants.)
Old 04-15-10, 06:56 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Contract expires in mid-May and they can always cast her then.
Old 04-16-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Watched this late last night. Thought it was okay. Jonah is one of the biggest idiots of this show's history (both original and this version)

I did like Ella turning the tables on Amanda and getting her arrested at the end, but the overall story arc about the stolen painting was kind of dumb and a weak reason to bring Amanda back in the 1st place.

I know this show isn't coming back, but it would have been nice to see how the whole David-Lauren-Psycho bitch-Psycho Dad storyline played out.
Old 04-17-10, 06:01 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good ending. I'm not surprised it's getting cancelled. It was ok but it lacked the heart of the original

All of the original case who appeared were decent and all aged quite well.

Some new stars for sure, Kate cassidy was awesome

The actress who played Lauren will always get steady work because there aren't any other attractive euroasian actresses who can act in hollywood.
Old 04-17-10, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Good ending. I'm not surprised it's getting cancelled. It was ok but it lacked the heart of the original

All of the original case who appeared were decent and all aged quite well.

Some new stars for sure, Kate cassidy was awesome

The actress who played Lauren will always get steady work because there aren't any other attractive euroasian actresses who can act in hollywood.
The heart of the original?

This isn't Little House on the Prairie. This and the original were both sleezy, yet fun night time soap operas. And by the way, Stephanie Jacobsen (Lauren) is actually an Aussie.
Old 04-17-10, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
The heart of the original?

This isn't Little House on the Prairie. This and the original were both sleezy, yet fun night time soap operas. And by the way, Stephanie Jacobsen (Lauren) is actually an Aussie.
An Aussie with a Portuguese mother and a Chinese-Norwegian-English father.

Heart or not, it was definitely missing something the original Melrose had. Still, I'd like a second season.
Old 04-17-10, 03:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TwineTime

Heart or not, it was definitely missing something the original Melrose had. Still, I'd like a second season.
Instead we get another Next Top Model where the model never goes on to be anything. After WB canned her talk show, you think they would can that mess too.
Old 04-17-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TwineTime
It all mixed quite well together. She's got that exotic unique look that I love.

I agree. It wasn't on par with the original in its prime, but the original was pretty weak at the start....didn't really pick up until Heather Locklear joined the cast. Like I said before though - of all the current CW soaps, this was the best one going.
Old 04-17-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog

I agree. It wasn't on par with the original in its prime, but the original was pretty weak at the start....didn't really pick up until Heather Locklear joined the cast. Like I said before though - of all the current CW soaps, this was the best one going.
The problem with the original was there was no drama at the start, everybody in the building was friendly and they were trying to do a show about 20 somethings trying to make it in LA. On here it started out with nothing but drama and blackmail and things that they never really laid the ground to do.
Old 04-17-10, 06:08 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

also it started off with Ashlee simpson. She killed the show whenever she was onscreen
Old 04-17-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
also it started off with Ashlee simpson. She killed the show whenever she was onscreen
I blocked her and her scene killing "talents" out of my mind.