Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Everybody Loves Hugo" -- 04/13/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-10, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost -- "Everybody Loves Hugo" -- 04/13/10

That Ilana death was a total suprise. Didn't expect a character of her caliber to die like that. What Ben said is so true.

Not sure I like that kind of cop out answer to the whisper noises.

Desmond definitely know a lot in both timelines and they are not showing us yet. He's too calm and confident since the EMF blast.
Old 04-13-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Willy Wonka in the previews? Weeeer-ierd...
Glad someone else noticed that too!
Old 04-13-10, 10:52 PM
ATX

that was in memory of the cat that died recently
Old 04-13-10, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Last couple of episodes have been great. This week's ending was a real shocker.
Old 04-13-10, 10:56 PM
ATX

Originally Posted by zuffy
That Ilana death was a total suprise. Didn't expect a character of her caliber to die like that. What Ben said is so true.

Desmond definitely know a lot in both timelines and they are not showing us yet. He's too calm and confident since the EMF blast.
yep, Ben was right on... wasn't surprised about the dynamite... just prior to that she was being ruff with it and looked like she slammed her water bottle in the same bag, i guess jacob was looking out for her

whisper noises answer was to please the people bitching

Desmond is just aware of the 2 realitys, he still don't know shit, just last week Eloise was blowing his mind
Old 04-13-10, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by zuffy

That is what I think. And I hope that they explain why certain people are there and exaclty why they would be on the island and what it is. It has to be a holding cell of sorts for certain types. If the whispers were the dead then you would think that Hurley would have interacted with at least a few throughout the years but they conveniently made sure that didn't happen.
Old 04-13-10, 11:03 PM

Anyone want to take bets that Hugo will be on 'Celebrity Biggest Loser' in 2 years?
Old 04-13-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

does Des smashing into Locke awake some sort of consciousness within the MiB on the island? could 'Locke' regain his consciousness within that body?

also does anybody have any idea who the next ep focuses on? enlighten me within spoiler tags?
Old 04-13-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Glad someone else noticed that too!
Did anyone not notice that? It wasn't exactly some hidden clue.

Anyway, I was greatly amused by Illana getting Arzt'd.
Old 04-13-10, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They were talking about electro magnetism and Desmond told Locke that he survived being blasted with it. I think Fake Locke fell down that well at one point and that is what turned him into the smoke monster with the electro magnetism. Maybe Desmond will be able to be the white smoke monster now? I don't think he was trying to kill Desmond. He wanted to see what would happen if he got hit with the electro magnetism in the well.

Last edited by Blaster1; 04-13-10 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-13-10, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone mentioned earlier that Locke remembering the island will cause him to kind of snap back to the original time line, but this can't be. Locke's body is on the island, so if he was going to snap back from the bizzaro reality, he wouldn't go into Flocke's body, but into Locke's.

I don't like the explanation of the whispers either. It used to be that when you heard them it was the others, now it's dead people?????
Old 04-14-10, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I'm convinced the boy is Jacob now. Third time they showed a boy in the jungle and he has aged each time. This one looked more like Jacob than the last two.
Jacob is undergoing pon farr.
Old 04-14-10, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode as always. However, I had some questions/issues:

1. Why is sideways Dr. Chang the same age he was in the 1970s?

2. Killing Illana was a waste. I wanted to learn more about her character and her "group". Now her entire group is dead, and I doubt they will expand upon it.

3. The abrupt answer to the whispers did kind of feel like a cop out.
Old 04-14-10, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s}{ammer

I don't like the explanation of the whispers either. It used to be that when you heard them it was the others, now it's dead people?????
Maybe the whispers before were trying to warn the losties when the others were around? A guide of sorts?
Old 04-14-10, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi
I'd give her cleavage a solid 8==D.
fixed...
Old 04-14-10, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Someone I was watching this episode with said, "I can't imagine them being able to wrap this up by the finale in such a way that I feel satisfied as a viewer."
I said the same thing! (Halfway through Season 2.)

It will never be able to live up to a lot of viewers expectations. That's an unfortunate side affect of this kind of show.
Old 04-14-10, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldblum
Great episode as always. However, I had some questions/issues:

3. The abrupt answer to the whispers did kind of feel like a cop out.
Agreed. I remember when Widmore ordered Ben to kill Danielle and her baby. When he went to their camp, he told her if she heard whispers to run the other way. If all they are are the dead stuck on the island and unable to move on, why would he say that?
Old 04-14-10, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Let me see if I can possibly explain things to help those who might be confused by what's going on. You could also just chalk it up to my "theory."

Imagine everyone in these two worlds has a lifeforce, a soul, whatever you want to call it. This essence is shared between the two worlds until a person dies on one of the worlds. Death causes the soul to escape the body in one world and seep into the other world, slowly bringing the memories and feelings of that other world with it. This is why the dead seem to be more in tune.

But it's not the only way the crossover can occur. Obviously we're seeing that the worlds are so close that the souls can manage to bleed through even to the living. They just need to be tuned in to the proper frequency.

Due to Desmond's special qualities, he is now fully aware in both worlds. He also realizes how to merge the souls is by nudging them in the right direction. Like someone said above, he's the Jacob of the other world now. His job is to shepherd the flock, for what purpose is not yet known.

We know from the dead people that Hurley talks to that the essence is out there. We also know now that the essence can become trapped, like Michael. Perhaps if we were to see Michael in the other world, he'd be just as clueless as the living because he's still trapped.

Anyway, this episode went a long way in showing us what this season has been about and where it might be headed. These last two shows have both been brilliant, and with only 6 hours left it's going to be quite a sprint to the finish.
Old 04-14-10, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Let me see if I can possibly explain things to help those who might be confused by what's going on. You could also just chalk it up to my "theory."

Imagine everyone in these two worlds has a lifeforce, a soul, whatever you want to call it. This essence is shared between the two worlds until a person dies on one of the worlds. Death causes the soul to escape the body in one world and seep into the other world, slowly bringing the memories and feelings of that other world with it. This is why the dead seem to be more in tune.

But it's not the only way the crossover can occur. Obviously we're seeing that the worlds are so close that the souls can manage to bleed through even to the living. They just need to be tuned in to the proper frequency.

Due to Desmond's special qualities, he is now fully aware in both worlds. He also realizes how to merge the souls is by nudging them in the right direction. Like someone said above, he's the Jacob of the other world now. His job is to shepherd the flock, for what purpose is not yet known.

We know from the dead people that Hurley talks to that the essence is out there. We also know now that the essence can become trapped, like Michael. Perhaps if we were to see Michael in the other world, he'd be just as clueless as the living because he's still trapped.

Anyway, this episode went a long way in showing us what this season has been about and where it might be headed. These last two shows have both been brilliant, and with only 6 hours left it's going to be quite a sprint to the finish.
I was thinking something similar, with the recurring scale imagery. Maybe a person's scale is unbalanced is they die in one reality.
Old 04-14-10, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing

I think most of what you just said is rubbish. We know that the alternate reality was caused by the nuke being set off. We know that in both the original and altered realities there have been "beings" watching over the game, or whatever this is, as both Eloise and the children on the island keep talking about someone breaking the rules. The explanation of the voices was a very week attempt at settling something that the writers probably had no idea how to explain. If anything, this trapped dead excuse may be a red herring since it is such a bad explanation. It might also be that they are the trapped dead, but not dead people, perhaps the voices as well as micheal, christian, echo's brother and so on, perhaps these reincarnations are actually the dead players of the game. So when Jacob died, he became one of these entities.

Anyway, it seems since desmond got back that everyone has forgotten how the show has, since the pilot episode, been made out to be a game of dark against light. Sure, Desmond is going to figure into the finale somehow, but ultimately, the story is still the struggle of one to imprison and one to escape.

As for Desmond becoming the Jacob now, it hasn't happened and it can't. Sure Jacob influenced the losties by touching them, but he never took matters into his own hands. He told Hugo how important it was to go back, be he didn't force Hugo to do so. Desmond has already gone way beyond anything Jacob did by running locke over. While I believe he knew it wouldn't kill locke, but that it would jar his memory, it was still a very hands-on attack and has nothing to do with free will.

I did notice Hugo say that the dead are more reliable than the living. I also watched the preview for next week like 10 times and I noticed that there is a part where the screen is broken in two, flocke's face on one side, Claire's on the other. The way they put that together is going to have something to do with this.
Old 04-14-10, 03:24 AM

I knew Yves Adele Harlow was gonna get Arzt'ed the second she showed Richard the dynamite was in her bag...then she started throwing water bottles in there, too.

anyone know where/if this Willy Wonka promo is online, I didn't see it.
Old 04-14-10, 04:37 AM
ATX

isn't her name Zuhleika? (sp?)
Old 04-14-10, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm....

Desmond's license plate changed.

In the first scene of Desmond in the Silver BMW, the license plate was 4PCI264 .
In the scene at the end when he ran over Locke, the plate was 2FAN321 .

I double-checked just in case, and it was the same Silver BMW both times (even though they removed the BMW hood ornament, it was definitely a BMW.).

A simple continuity error? Or an intentionally placed hint at an alternate sideways universe? Let the conspiracy theories begin...
Old 04-14-10, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by ATX
isn't her name Zuhleika? (sp?)
yeah.

But in "The Lone Gunman" her alias was Yves Adele Harlow...and that's how I remember her.
Old 04-14-10, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

In the ALT timeline, Desmond appears to have taken the role of Jacob, "waking people up" to what they are supposed to do.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.