House -- "Lockdown" -- 04/12/10

Old 04-12-10, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
House -- "Lockdown" -- 04/12/10

House

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When a newborn disappears from the nursery, Princeton Plainsboro goes on lockdown, preventing anyone from entering, leaving or moving within the hospital. While House and his team members are trapped in various parts of the building, new insights about the team's personal histories, relationships and regrets surface.

This episode was directed by Hugh Laurie. His 1st directing credit since 2003, when he starred in a UK TV show called "Fortysomething."
Old 04-12-10, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: House -- "Lockdown" -- 04/12/10

This episode was pretty stupid. The Cameron/Chase portions made me wanna slit my wrists. Their drama got old years ago...
Old 04-13-10, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X View Post
This episode was pretty stupid. The Cameron/Chase portions made me wanna slit my wrists. Their drama got old years ago...
really?

i thought that was one of the best episodes this season. the best part was when Taub got flashed by 13 at the end.
Old 04-13-10, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Loved it, but I rarely don't love House.

I, personally, enjoyed seeing Cameron again. I certainly wasn't expecting it.

The flash was pretty funny...I expected a different reaction.
Old 04-13-10, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

20 minutes in I started FF through the segments I didn't care about. 30 minutes in I realized it was every segment.

Also I guess lockdown involves cutting power to the hospital ..or maybe they figured kids are sacred of the dark and the baby would cry out.

EDIT: I just noticed Laurie directed the ep, no wonder the lighting was so messed up. They wouldn't let a regular director get away with that crap.

Last edited by wmansir; 04-13-10 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-13-10, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The only portions I cared about were the House segments. While that's usually the case, it's not usually the case that the other portions are so stupid that they're unwatchable... which these were.
Old 04-13-10, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok episode. Foreman and Taub getting high in the personnel section was definitely funny. Chase/Cameron was a mixed bag as they really didn't come to a resolution on their relationship and Chase seemed to be blaming Cameron for most of the failures. The dance was nice though. 13/Wilson was comic relief. Didn't really mind the Laurie/Strathem parts. The entire lockdown segment (and reason and solution) was really weak. They should have just dumped a couple of the minor storylines. Too much stuff competing for time. The dark scenes bothered me too.
Old 04-13-10, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It was a good episode. There was certainly alot of funny moments, especially Taub and Foreman getting high and 13 and Wilson playing truth or dare.

However, as far as having the star of your show directing his 1st episode, I thought the main plot about the Lockdown was a little weak. So, one of the nurses has some kind of weird seizures and she misplaces the baby? It would have been much more interesting if there was an actual kidnapping. You could have made it a 2 part episode.

I did enjoy Laurie's scenes with David Strathairn.

As for Jennifer Morrison's grand swan song, I don't think it really resolved anything. So she shows up, argues with Chase and then has sex with him. I would have liked to have seen a little more resolution with her dysfunctional relationship with House.

It looked to me like 13 was wearing an undershirt, so I really didn't buy the final scene with her flashing Taub.
Old 04-13-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised by so much negative reaction to this episode here, because I thought it was a good episode.

Having Cameron back for the episode was great and I thought that segment provided better reasons for her leaving Chase than the overly-rationalized reasons she provided when she originally left back in the Fall. The Taub and Foreman segment provided some good character development, particularly for Taub. And the Wilson and Thirteen segment set up that Wilson will getting back together with his 1st wife, which will give something for House to try to mess up for the next few episodes. And, of course, House's scenes were great, as usual.
Old 04-13-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The 13/Wilson segments are what kept me watching, and 13 flashing Taub at the end was awesome.

I just got sick of the Cameron/Chase drama some time ago. After they kept arguing over her dead husband's splooge...
Old 04-13-10, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just thought it was a very poorly written episode. The characters seemed completely out of character (especially foreman and taube).
Old 04-13-10, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nothing quite like watching an episode like this just days before the scheduled induction of our second daughter. My wife was freaking out.
Old 04-13-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by firteen88 View Post
I just thought it was a very poorly written episode. The characters seemed completely out of character (especially foreman and taube).
I know - These guys are by the book - I can't see them popping 2-3 pills and getting "high" just because there is a lock down (which could have lasted for 5minutes or 5 hours).

Then at the end they just walked out of the room, like they were sober, and were ready to drive home like nothing happened.
Old 04-13-10, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Seemed to just go on forever. I'm still not sure whether I just watched a special 2 hour episode of House or just a regular episode.

Chase/Cameron: so boring I'm not even sure what was said
House: didn't care about what that guys situation was
Foreman/Taub: humorous and I think could lead to some interesting things down the line
Thirteen/Wilson: mixed bag, some good, some bad, some I don't care.
Old 04-13-10, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by dhmac View Post
I'm surprised by so much negative reaction to this episode here, because I thought it was a good episode.

Having Cameron back for the episode was great and I thought that segment provided better reasons for her leaving Chase than the overly-rationalized reasons she provided when she originally left back in the Fall. The Taub and Foreman segment provided some good character development, particularly for Taub. And the Wilson and Thirteen segment set up that Wilson will getting back together with his 1st wife, which will give something for House to try to mess up for the next few episodes. And, of course, House's scenes were great, as usual.
I totally agree. The Chase/Cameron thing was WAY better a resolution than "I'm divorcing you because you offed a genocidal mass murderer/dictator guy," I thought. Also like Taub/Foreman bonding a little.
Old 04-14-10, 02:27 AM

I thought it was one of the best episodes ever, really enjoyed it! Although I was a little annoyed with the whole finding of a newborn baby under a pile of towels just happily lying there, I am pretty sure the kid would have suffocated under all those towels, but I'll let that slide. LOL
Old 04-14-10, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
the best part was when Taub got flashed by 13 at the end.
Whaaaaaaat? I missed that. I looked away and thought she just didn't say anything to him when she left. Anyone have a gif? I know there aren't boobies but I deleted the ep. already.

I thought it was interesting that Laurie directed this, I wonder how much say he had in how Taub and Foreman acted. It was more like acid or mushrooms than vicodin. Every time a TV show has someone on drugs, even pills, they act nothing like they would in reality. It snaps me out of the show, even when it's as deep a rabbit hole that House has become.

Last edited by OscarBluth; 04-14-10 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-14-10, 10:24 AM

What snapped me out of the show was when the head of the entire hospital knew how many towels were in each room AND precisely how many laundry baskets are in the laundry room. "Aren't there usually not two but THREE baskets in here?!?" Right...
Old 04-15-10, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This episode sucked for all the reasons mentioned I'll leave it at that I guess.
Old 04-15-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OscarBluth View Post
I thought it was interesting that Laurie directed this, I wonder how much say he had in how Taub and Foreman acted. It was more like acid or mushrooms than vicodin. Every time a TV show has someone on drugs, even pills, they act nothing like they would in reality.
Yeah, it was a bit too much, especially the mini "Fight Club" part of it. Only people drunk on alcohol do that!
Old 04-26-10, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just caught this ep.

Speaking from experience, it takes a lot more then 2 vicodin to cause that kind of reaction.
Old 04-28-10, 09:16 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Finally caught this one. I really enjoyed it.

But then, I'm partial to any episode that isn't the normal enter patient/easy answer and treatment/patient goes into arrest/patient lie discovered and real diagnosis found routine.

I love the show, but they've done the above 100 times now, so I relish any episode outside of that.