TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "8:00am to 9:00am" -- 04/12/10

Old 04-16-10, 02:03 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 393 Likes on 246 Posts
Re: Twenty Four (24) -- "8:00am to 9:00am" -- 04/12/10

Originally Posted by DJariya
You are definitely wrong. I visit the official 24 facebook page and message board on fox.com and there are lots and lots of hardcore 24 fans who still want the show to go and those who are really looking forward to the film.

They have a script ready, it's just a matter of when FOX officially greenlights it and when they will release it.
Just like the stories when Annie Wersching was in talks to be in the '24' movies? I could certainly see this as a possibility.
Old 04-16-10, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,464 Likes on 2,491 Posts

There was never anything official saying that Annie Wersching was going to be in the 24 films. Just rumor and hearsay.

The only thing official about the 24 movie at this point is Billy Ray wrote it, Howard Gordon is co-producing it and Kiefer will star in it.
Old 04-16-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
There was never anything official saying that Annie Wersching was going to be in the 24 films. Just rumor and hearsay.

The only thing official about the 24 movie at this point is Billy Ray wrote it, Howard Gordon is co-producing it and Kiefer will star in it.
Annie Wersching knew her character was going to die months and months ago. Even still, she had stuff on her facebook about locking her character up for season 9 and trying to get people to support her being in season 9 and stuff like that.

She said she knew she was going to die, but basically played along and tried to keep people off track so they'd be surprised.

So, just based off that, it wouldn't surprise me if they were talking about movies just to throw people off and keep them surprised when Jack dies. I mean why would anybody think Renee would die if Annie was actively trying to get people to support her efforts to get signed for season 9?

Hell, there could still be 24 movies even if Jack dies. Cole could star in them. Not that anybody would necessarily pay to see a 24 movie without Kiefer, but it's still possible. Who would have thought there could be a Karate Kid movie without Ralph Macchio, but that happened too.
Old 04-16-10, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,464 Likes on 2,491 Posts

But that wouldn't make any sense though considering the trades have already reported that the script was already being written and Kiefer was the one who actively recruited Billy Ray to the studio with his 24 movie pitch. And they have already said the story takes Jack Bauer to Europe. Noone will watch anything 24-related without Kiefer.

As you said, I think Annie was just playing along with the 24 fans about getting her on season 9 and getting a 9th season made even though she knew when the season started that she was dying in the 17th episode.
Old 04-16-10, 05:12 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 393 Likes on 246 Posts

it's OK DJariya, we'll all be here for you when the truth comes out.
Old 04-16-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Meh. I thought Renee was a decent character, but I got tired of all of the "she's the 2nd-coming of Jack" silliness.
This...
Old 04-16-10, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 313 Likes on 234 Posts

I didn't like Renee at all...in fact, I haven't really liked any of the women Jack has been paired with, with the exception of Nina.

I'm so glad to see President Logan return and add a little life to this lackluster season. Gregory Itzin is such a tremendous actor - Cherry Jones really pales in comparison, with all due respect (because she's a solid actress).
Old 04-18-10, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

An update on the strip club scuffle posted a page back. There are actually some very funny quotes in here:

Strip Club Denies Scuffle

WENN--The owner of top London strip club Stringfellows has shot down reports Kiefer Sutherland was ejected from the venue due to drunken behaviour, insisting paparazzi shots of the incident have been spun out of control.

The 24 star was enjoying a boozy night out with a pal on Thursday and decided to end the night at exotic dance venue Stringfellows.

British tabloid The Sun reported the inebriated actor began dancing erratically with his shirt off and shouting inside the club before getting into a scuffle with security when he was allegedly asked to leave.

But club boss Peter Stringfellow has dismissed the claims, insisting Sutherland was never booted out of the venue and was polite to every member of staff.

In a blog post on the Stringfellows website, he writes, "(Sutherland) had a wonderful time, was incredibly charming to all the staff, very generous to all the girls and made friends with my security people.

"Around about 3.15am he decided it would be very funny to take his shirt off. When it was explained to him very gently that that was the job of the girls and not the customers he burst out laughing. His friend thought that this would be a good time for them go home."

Stringfellow goes on to clarify pictures appearing to show Sutherland being held in a headlock by club bouncers as he stumbled to his car in the early hours of Friday.

He adds, "One of the photos in The Sun looks like my security guys got Kiefer in a headlock. That is NOT the case they were just helping him into his car. Kiefer had slipped and the doorman tried to catch him and at the same time keep the photographers from taking photos, needless to say none of this worked and the paparazzi had a field day."

Stringfellow ends his note with an open invitation to Sutherland to return to the strip club whenever he's in London: "Kiefer, if you read this we’d love to see you at the club. The girls had a terrific time with you and you are welcome back at Stringfellows anytime."

Sutherland's drinking has previously landed him in trouble with the police - he served 48 days in prison in 2007 and early 2008 after pleading no contest to a driving under the influence (DUI) charge.
Old 04-19-10, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iam really surprised no one on here has mentioned the fact that Renee is the only character on 24 to get TWO silent clocks, the first one after being burried alive towards the start of season 7 and of course her death last week.
Old 04-19-10, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm more than a little disturbed that Jack went from discovering the gruesome Nearly-Headless Hassan to fucking the hell out of Renee in, like, 20 minutes. That's quite a grieving process he has.
Old 04-19-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you didn't see was that Jack was actually fucking the hell out of a different girl while he discovered Hassan. That's how badass he is.