DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Chuck - "Chuck Versus The Other Guy" - 4/5/2010 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/571861-chuck-chuck-versus-other-guy-4-5-2010-a.html)

DGibFen 04-04-10 11:28 PM

Chuck - "Chuck Versus The Other Guy" - 4/5/2010

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5...69e201347q.jpg

Spoiler:
Shaw has Sarah after discovering who killed his wife and Chuck is on a mission to find her, before it is too late. Meanwhile, Morgan considers leaving the Buy More again.

This episode was to be the season finale, until NBC added on another six. The show takes a small hiatus after this week, and returns with 6 new episodes starting April 26th.

And for the story of this photo:

Zachary Levi has promised to give birth to fellow "Chuck" star Joshua Gomez's child if the show's fans rally to help save "Chuck" and get the Monday night show a fourth season renewal. At WonderCon in San Francisco on Sunday, Levi gave fans a sneak peek of what his baby bump would look like, alongside a beaming proud papa Gomez. See pic below and here's a rundown of the panel.
The WonderCon panel breakdown can be found here (possible spoilers abound): http://chucktv.net/2010/04/04/chuck-takes-wondercon/

Arthur Dent 04-04-10 11:37 PM

Re: Chuck - "Chuck Versus The Other Guy" - 4/5/2010

Ausiello posted this on his Twitter account (I'm going to tag it it even though it doesn't actually contain any spoilers):
Spoiler:
I can confirm this is true. Just watched. BIG stuff happens! @Hitfixdaniel Monday's CHUCK is the season's best episode by a wide margin...

mnementh 04-05-10 01:23 AM

Yes.

Spoiler:
What happens with Sarah, Chuck, Casey and Shaw is all predictable but amazing. I can't believe what happens to Morgan.

It's hilarious how Zachary Levi, Adam Baldwin and Joshua Gomez claim Yvonne Strahovski is flatulent. That starts around 5:45 -

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdGbp2WW_e0"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdGbp2WW_e0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

mnementh 04-05-10 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by awil1026 (Post 10088460)
Ausiello posted this on his Twitter account (I'm going to tag it it even though it doesn't actually contain any spoilers):
Spoiler:
I can confirm this is true. Just watched. BIG stuff happens! @Hitfixdaniel Monday's CHUCK is the season's best episode by a wide margin...

That tweet's an understatement. I'd say the episode has
Spoiler:
five big things happen

Superman07 04-05-10 06:54 AM

I'm hearing nothing but great stuff about tonight's episode. :banana:

And that picture is just great. :lol:

Shamus McAnally 04-05-10 09:49 AM

I find it utterly ridiculous that this show, yet again, needs to be "saved" for a fourth season renewal. (I mean, it could just be a ratings ploy, but it wouldn't surprise me to see NBC can it either, at least with all the "press" out there. If they did, NBC would only be useful for Sunday hockey at this point. Oh, and SVU.)

First of all, for the ratings it's pulling in against such heavy hitters, I think NBC would be crazy to not renew. Secondly, as I've watched the (and still DVR) the CBS comedies and House (and don't plan on ever watching DWTS), I don't see how Chuck hasn't gotten more viewers, other than some folks are so invested in the other shows, they just can't break away. (I guess how I am with Grey's Anatomy; I should've left that show a long time ago.) Then again, there's no accounting for taste. ;)

Really looking forward to the show tonight. (I try not to follow along too closely as to not hear/read any spoilers, so I'm not sure; did they have this episode finished before NBC gave them the extra 6 or not?)

Superman07 04-05-10 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally (Post 10088833)

Really looking forward to the show tonight. (I try not to follow along too closely as to not hear/read any spoilers, so I'm not sure; did they have this episode finished before NBC gave them the extra 6 or not?)

They did - it was originally going to be the season finale.

Shamus McAnally 04-05-10 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Superman07 (Post 10088870)
They did - it was originally going to be the season finale.

Thanks. That's what I thought I read, but I usually try to keep away from reading anything that remotely looks spoilerish.

(Thanks to all that spoiler tagged their above posts!)

DJariya 04-05-10 05:15 PM

Looking forward to it.

It's on the bubble once again because people with the box aren't watching this live. I understand the most Americans hate watching commercials, but that's the only way a show like this can stay on the air.

Orbi-Wan Techno 04-05-10 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 10089610)
Looking forward to it.

It's on the bubble once again because people with the box aren't watching this live. I understand the most Americans hate watching commercials, but that's the only way a show like this can stay on the air.

Unfortunately, Monday at 8 is not a good time for some fans, including us. If it weren't for the box or the net, we wouldn't be able to enjoy it in a timely manner.

pridesticks06 04-05-10 07:22 PM

It's a trap!

monkey42 04-05-10 07:35 PM

damn thunderstorm warnings breaking into the show!

TGM 04-05-10 08:29 PM

ROFL at Morgan channeling Yoda... "No, there is another."

great episode... certainly had the feel of a season finale (which it was meant to be)...

I love this show, and I love that Casey is back, and that he lobbied to get Morgan onto the team.

MrX 04-05-10 08:35 PM

Loved the shot of Casey calling the General at the end with the Ring director.

Figured Chuck's first kill would be to save Sarah. I'm glad they've gotten that out of the way.

JimRochester 04-05-10 08:50 PM

Great episode. They brought back all the humor with a vengeance and still had the action and suspense. Looking forward to the next arc in a couple weeks

Silly Burrito 04-05-10 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silly Burrito (Post 10079106)
I'm thinking he goes rogue out of anger, Chuck has to kill him with a gun to save Sarah.

Thus resetting the whole Sarah and her feelings about Chuck, but then Chuck feels bad and mopey about killing someone, and the circle begins anew.

Well, the second part hasn't happened yet, but saw it coming from last week.

This was a great episode. At first, I thought they'd make him a double double agent, but nah, they just killed him.

Orbi-Wan Techno 04-05-10 08:56 PM

Oh, man, Casey's going to be Morgan's trainer. Awesome! Papa Bartowski is coming back as well! Can't wait.

kevin75 04-05-10 08:59 PM

i am so pissed off right now! my wife and i just sat down to watch chuck while eating dinner and there was some sort of error message on our directv dvr and there was no show to watch! evidently our local station is having some sort of issues with their hd because they still aren't showing anything on their channel. ARGH!!!!!!!! now we have to wait until tomorrow....what time does hulu usually post shows?

Shamus McAnally 04-05-10 09:20 PM

Very good episode, even if much was seen coming.

I wonder, though, now that all the people that were ready to boycott if Chuck and Sarah didn't get together, are going to like where the next arc goes. (If the show continues to next year, it'll probably get to the fifth season, due to syndication, IIRC, so how do they keep them together for two more seasons and keep the show fresh.)

Should be an interesting last 6 shows. (In which to run with the "finale" and turn it into something else. Do they do another "finale", just in case, or leave it cliffhanger-ish for season 4? I mean, SOMEONE has to pick it up if NBC drops yet another ball, right?)

***Nice. Guess I should stop coming back in here.

JasonF 04-05-10 09:47 PM

I believe the producers have said that the new season finale would not work as a series finale. Whether NBC cooperates is another matter, of course.

Draven 04-05-10 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by N2DVD (Post 10089989)
spoiler from previews

Might want to spoiler that...some people get uppity about previews.

mnementh 04-05-10 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by N2DVD (Post 10089989)
Spoiler:
Oh, man, Casey's going to be Morgan's trainer. Awesome! Papa Bartowski is coming back as well! Can't wait.

Spoiler:
Christopher Lloyd is also going to show up as Chuck's therapist.

mnementh 04-05-10 09:54 PM

I hope Sarah didn't ruin the cords of all those vintage videogame controllers.

mnementh 04-05-10 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by MrX (Post 10089950)
Figured Chuck's first kill would be to save Sarah.

Zachary Levi got to kill Superman. ;)

TheGuy 04-05-10 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by mnementh (Post 10090122)
Spoiler:
Christopher Lloyd is also going to show up as Chuck's therapist.

Spoiler:

and Anna Wu is back!