Breaking Bad -- "I.F.T." -- 04/04/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad -- "I.F.T." -- 04/04/10

Old 04-05-10, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad -- "I.F.T." -- 04/04/10

Originally Posted by Patman
I still can't believe this is the same guy playing the dad in "Malcom in the Middle". Heh.
You didn't watch Seinfeld?

You anti-dentite bastard.

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he re-gifted, he de-gifted,
and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp!
Old 04-05-10, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had to clear room "upstairs", so I can only recall 3-4 episodes of Seinfeld these days (the main one being the Kenny Rogers Roosters episode).
Old 04-05-10, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loved Gus putting the Costco vegetable tray out for the cartel. ::
Old 04-05-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate the f-in' bell, it unnerves me when he rings it with his one good index finger.
Old 04-05-10, 06:13 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

i don't remember that episode that well, but didn't Hank take out Tuco? why is Don Salemenco so hard up for Walt again?
Old 04-05-10, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
i don't remember that episode that well, but didn't Hank take out Tuco? why is Don Salemenco so hard up for Walt again?
Think of it like a Three's Company type misunderstanding.
Old 04-05-10, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

Gotta love how the word "fuck" gets bleeped out, but it's perfectly fine to show someone getting their head chopped off.

This show is intense... and getting more intense with each passing episode.

We're 3 episodes in and Jesse really hasn't had a lot of screen time, and he certainly doesn't have much dialog - especially this episode.
Old 04-05-10, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
Wow.

Great episode.

Spoiler:
Seeing Walt being a simpering panty waste is getting hard to watch. He's turned into a sickening pansy and I'm hoping that will change. I thought he had finally become a man during the second season, now he's back to his old ways.

That bitch Skylar's true colors are finally out in the open. The show's made it clear what she really is, but now the cards are on the table. She's been looking for a reason to dump her sick husband and go screw around, and now she can play 'righteous' about it and she's riding the wave. All that 'concerned' shit... my ass.

Jesse's back to business and that's cool.

Hank beating down the 'Dean of Mean' Keith Jardine was pretty cool, he and a bunch of other MMA guys train here. Hank's trying to prove to himself he's not a coward, most people who are deeply afraid pick fights and stuff.
Completely disagree. Walt began cooking to provide for his family after he died, and I think the plane crash awakened something in him to try and get that person back. It's not going to work, but that's what the moving back in, cooking dinner, and leveling with Skylar was all about. It's just a shame that Walt doesn't realize that that person is gone.

I think Skylar on some level understands that, which is why she slept with Ted. Of course that was also to try and hurt Walt like he hurt her when he was disappearing for days at a time, making up stories about being a temporary amnesiac, lying to her, and let's not forget, manufacturing a dangerous and illegal drug and putting her and her family in harm's way from the law and the cartel. I mean come on, Walt basically just tried to buy her affection.

I also find the misogyny in people's reactions to Skylar (and Betty Draper in Mad Men) to be disappointing, although not surprising. They're constantly being lied to and emotionally manipulated. How should they react?

Last edited by Tracer Bullet; 04-05-10 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-06-10, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
Yep, Hank killed him. And the cartel must know that - a DEA agent killing a dealer would have made the news. Tio did see Walt try to poison Tuco, but I think there's something more at play than just vengeance. Walt's product is a threat to the cartel.
Old 04-06-10, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just realized this show now has 2 things in common with Big Love... Aaron Paul and characters peeing in sinks.
Old 04-06-10, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I think Skylar on some level understands that, which is why she slept with Ted. Of course that was also to try and hurt Walt like he hurt her when he was disappearing for days at a time, making up stories about being a temporary amnesiac, lying to her, and let's not forget, manufacturing a dangerous and illegal drug and putting her and her family in harm's way from the law and the cartel. I mean come on, Walt basically just tried to buy her affection.

I also find the misogyny in people's reactions to Skylar (and Betty Draper in Mad Men) to be disappointing, although not surprising. They're constantly being lied to and emotionally manipulated. How should they react?
Oh those poor women...

I guess Skylar throwing herself at her boss last season(before she knew anything) so she could screw him early on was an accident? Is that how loyal, wholesome, loving women react to their dying husband maybe acting a little funny? They go get a job with an old flame so they can screw him? Then take everything away from the man hoping he'll just hurry up and die? Yeah she's a peach.

All because her 'no good' husband takes extreme measures to provide for them/her before he dies. The bastard! Oh yeah and tries to protect her from knowing how he did it for her own good. What a rotten SOB!

Lemme guess, Skylar doing the same thing to her son is noble right? Deceiving him to protect him from the truth? You know, how she's doing the very same thing she's supposedly so righteously indignant about? I suppose she's going to stop lying to him about fucking around and screwing over his dad any day now?

Walt's a pansy now and it's pathetic. Skylar's a selfish bitch who was unfaithful, selfish, and rotten when her dying husband needed and cared for her most.
Old 04-06-10, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Coral
Just realized this show now has 2 things in common with Big Love... Aaron Paul and characters peeing in sinks.

Which brings up this question: Is the bathroom in the Master Bedroom the only bathroom in the house?
Old 04-06-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

Problem is this. If Jesse can pull off cooking like Walt, he signs Walts death warrant.

He has no wife problem, he's not dying, and Walt can be easily handed over to the Cartel for the revenge.

And Walt STARTED cooking for his family but the flashbacks in S1 showed that Walt really gets off on being one of the greatest minds in the world at SOMETHING again.
Old 04-06-10, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh those poor women...

I guess Skylar throwing herself at her boss last season(before she knew anything) so she could screw him early on was an accident? Is that how loyal, wholesome, loving women react to their dying husband maybe acting a little funny? They go get a job with an old flame so they can screw him? Then take everything away from the man hoping he'll just hurry up and die? Yeah she's a peach.

All because her 'no good' husband takes extreme measures to provide for them/her before he dies. The bastard! Oh yeah and tries to protect her from knowing how he did it for her own good. What a rotten SOB!

Lemme guess, Skylar doing the same thing to her son is noble right? Deceiving him to protect him from the truth? You know, how she's doing the very same thing she's supposedly so righteously indignant about? I suppose she's going to stop lying to him about fucking around and screwing over his dad any day now?

Walt's a pansy now and it's pathetic. Skylar's a selfish bitch who was unfaithful, selfish, and rotten when her dying husband needed and cared for her most.
Thank you for repeating yourself

I don't think anyone is a good person on this show, except maybe Walt Jr. Skylar certainly has her issues with cheating, but I'm not sure that's worse than what Walt's been up to the past few months.

It just strikes me as interesting that lots of people are falling all over themselves to label Skylar a "bitch" when she's simply trying to protect her children from the mess that is Walt's current life.

Also, do you really think Walt's actions have been justified? Cooking meth to make some extra cash to leave his family before he dies is one thing. But let's not forget that Walt committed murder very early in the first season, and that was the first on a long list of other, violent crimes.
Old 04-06-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So defending himself against someone trying to kill him was "murder"?

Modern, 'enlightened' sensibilities are really something.
Old 04-06-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So defending himself against someone trying to kill him was "murder"?

Modern, 'enlightened' sensibilities are really something.
Can you try and stay on topic and not make it personal? You're treading a line here by assuming anything about my "sensibilities".

My point is simply that Walt is not a selfless man who got started making meth solely to provide for his family after he died. He's a control freak with powerful abilities of self-denial who takes no responsibility for any of his actions and who seems to think that the ends justify the means.

If Walt's sole motivation was to provide for his family after his death, he would have taken the job with his college friend back in season 1.
Old 04-06-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you try and stay on topic and not make it personal? You're treading a line here by assuming anything about my "sensibilities".

My point is simply that Walt is not a selfless man who got started making meth solely to provide for his family after he died. He's a control freak with powerful abilities of self-denial who takes no responsibility for any of his actions and who seems to think that the ends justify the means.

If Walt's sole motivation was to provide for his family after his death, he would have taken the job with his college friend back in season 1.
Well his "friend" if remember kinda fucked him right? He didn't wanna depend of hand outs and FWIW the ends ALWAYS justify the means.

P.S.

Spoiler:
Skylar is a fucking bitch!

Last edited by Larry C.; 04-06-10 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-06-10, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think no one can defend Walt, he used the excuse of look for his family, but he was really looking for recognition. He is a loser, he couldn't keep the great job he had and thinks the world is guilty of that, not him. He thinks he deserves more. And now the only place where he gets recognition is in the drug world and he's afraid to take the bull by the horns. He's a bitch too.

But yeah, it all started because in the last episode Skylar was the biggest bitch.
Old 04-06-10, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Which brings up this question: Is the bathroom in the Master Bedroom the only bathroom in the house?
That's what I asked during the episode. For a three bedroom house, that's pretty poor design.
Old 04-06-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
That's what I asked during the episode. For a three bedroom house, that's pretty poor design.
There's no way, he did try another door maybe Walt Jr was in there. But even if a 3 bedroom house had only one bathroom they would not put in the master, it would be in a common area.
Old 04-06-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They have one in the master bedroom and another in Jr.'s bedroom. They may have another in the hall, but since Walt Sr. is a little bitch, decided to pee in the sink instead.
Old 04-06-10, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Larry C.
There's no way, he did try another door maybe Walt Jr was in there. But even if a 3 bedroom house had only one bathroom they would not put in the master, it would be in a common area.

I didn't see him try another door.. and I didn't hear him say that he needed to
use this bathroom because Walt Jr is in the other one.
Old 04-06-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Walt didn't mention anything about another bathroom being in use.

When he was denied, he walked down the hall and was about to put his hand on a door in the hallway (another bathroom?) and then decided against it and pee'd in the sink. I think he was being a baby is all.

Do we know for sure that Skylar actually slept with bossman? We never see it happen - so she may have backed out at the last second and just lied to Walt to piss him off. I wonder if that's what happened.

Last edited by Coral; 04-06-10 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-06-10, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

"Misogyny"? Really? Right. Because anyone who disliked Sylar banging her boss to get back at her husband must, obviously, hate women. Only possible explanation. Please.
Old 04-06-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by uteotw
"Misogyny"? Really? Right. Because anyone who disliked Sylar banging her boss to get back at her husband must, obviously, hate women. Only possible explanation. Please.
These comments about Skylar have been happening for quite a while.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.