DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dancing with the Stars - Season 10 - "Week Two - Top 11" (03/29-03/30/10) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/571521-dancing-stars-season-10-week-two-top-11-03-29-03-30-10-a.html)

Goldberg74 03-29-10 09:46 AM

Dancing with the Stars - Season 10 - "Week Two - Top 11" (03/29-03/30/10)

Dancing With the Stars TV-PG L

"Performance Show: Week Two - LIVE"
Monday, March 29, 8/7c

All the contestants return to perform for a second time in LIVE dancing competition.

"Results Show: Week Two - LIVE"
Tuesday, March 30, 8/7c

The first celebrity is eliminated.
Here are the pairs for this season (and their scores from the First Night):
  • 14 - Buzz Aldrin (Retired Astronaut & USAF Colonel) with Ashly DelGrosso-Costa
  • 21 - Pamela Anderson (Former Playboy Playmate & Actress) with Damian Whitewood
  • 21 - Erin Andrews (ESPN Sportscaster) with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
  • 18 - Shannen Doherty (Actress) with Mark Ballas
  • 16 - Kate Gosselin (Former Reality TV Star) with Tony Dovolani
  • 23 -Evan Lysacek (Olympic Gold Medal Figure Skater) with Anna Trebunskaya
  • 18 - Niecy Nash (Reno 911! Star) with Louis van Amstel
  • 18 - Chad Ochocinco (NFL Wide receiver) Cheryl Burke
  • 20 - Jake Pavelka (The Bachelor Star) with Chelsie Hightower
  • 25 - Nicole Scherzinger (Pussycat Dolls Singer) with Derek Hough
  • 15 - Aiden Turner (All My Children Star & Model) with Edyta Śliwińska

Dances for tonight:
  • Buzz & Ashly - Foxtrot
  • Pamela & Damian - Foxtrot
  • Erin & Maksim - Foxtrot
  • Shannen & Mark - Jive
  • Kate & Tony - Jive
  • Evan & Anna - Jive
  • Niecy & Louis - Foxtrot
  • Chad & Cheryl - Foxtrot
  • Jake & Chelsie - Jive
  • Nicole & Derek - Jive
  • Aiden & Edyta - Foxtrot

<fieldset style="width: 500px; margin: 10px auto;"><legend>Old Season 10 Threads</legend>Dancing w/ the Stars: Samantha Harris is Leaving (01/28/10)
Dancing with the Stars - Season 10 - "Cast Reveal (During 'The Bachelor')" (03/01/10)
Dancing with the Stars - Season 10 - "Top 11 (Part 1)" (03/22/10)
</fieldset>

tommyp007 03-29-10 09:47 AM

Re: Dancing with the Stars - Season 10 - "Week Two - Top 11" (03/29-03/30/10)

I'll be voting for Kate G. to go every week, no matter how well or badly she dances.

Patman 03-29-10 10:00 AM

Too bad you can't vote against the "star", just vote for everyone but the one you detest.

DWilson 03-29-10 09:36 PM

According to Dial.idol Kate's pulling low numbers, and her behavior in tonight's clip package (and her general attitude) will work against her.

Renee 03-29-10 09:39 PM

I've never seen this show before, but I caught Kate's performance and almost keeled over with laughter. It was the single most unintentionally funny thing I can remember seeing on tv in a long time. I may have to start watching this show!

Patman 03-29-10 09:49 PM

Kate needs to get drunk before she "dances", I think it'd be an improvement.

Nicole is too much of a ringer this season.

Michael T Hudson 03-29-10 10:26 PM

I missed Kate has anyone found it online yet?

Ranger 03-29-10 10:37 PM

The team Kate drama has to be fake. I don't think Tony would lose his cool like that. I like Aiden but he is a whiner like Kate but is a better dancer.

Shannon looked more comfortable this week. Chad is still too stiff.

Nicole's scores were too high.

I forgot to look for Erin.

DWilson 03-29-10 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger (Post 10078009)
The team Kate drama has to be fake. I don't think Tony would lose his cool like that. I like Aiden but he is a whiner like Kate but is a better dancer.

I don't think the drama is all that fake, since it doesn't make Kate look very good (and the rumor mill was flying in the weeks before the first broadcast that Kate had Tony, -a very even-tempered guy, -tearing his hair out).

Red Dog 03-30-10 08:05 AM

:lol: at going from Buzz to Nicole. It's pretty ridiculous seeing her compete with the others, but I'm not complaining.

:drool: at Brooke Burke and that cleavage. Nice dress.

Bluelitespecial 03-30-10 06:53 PM

Kate needs to go tonight. Nicole was the most entertaining to watch last night, she could already win if the season ended today, but everyone is right shes seems way to exprienced at dancing for the show.

whotony 03-30-10 07:58 PM

ridiculous that Buzz or Kate did not get thrown off tonight.

astrochimp 03-30-10 08:13 PM

Missed it.Who got the boot?

GuessWho 03-30-10 08:19 PM

Shannon.

astrochimp 03-30-10 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho (Post 10079801)
Shannon.

That's BS :hairpull:

magiccmom 03-30-10 09:47 PM

You can not portray more of a miserable human being than Kate.

dolphinboy 03-30-10 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by astrochimp (Post 10079810)
That's BS :hairpull:

I have only watched a few minutes of this show in my life, so can you tell me, is it only by fan vote that people are voted off?

I'd read some article that showed come kind of numbers and Buzz's were by far the lowest and Shannon was great but definitely better than several other couples.

So I don't get why she's gone unless if was people hating on her.

DWilson 03-30-10 10:51 PM

It's a mix of judge's scores and Viewer votes.

bluesix 03-30-10 10:55 PM

The Beach Boys sounded HORRIBLE!

I don't know if it was just because the lead singer Mike Love dropped too much acid in the 60s or just because he must be like 90 years old but dude sucked big time. If I was paying for a concert performance of that I would have asked for my money back!

At one point during the medley, I think during the Kokomo part, another band member jumped in and took over the singing almost as if it was like, 'hey, this happens all the time, whenever he turns into a train wreck, I jump in and takeover...'

So sad. Some bands should just hang it up! I mean, I'd rather see some soundalike band perform the songs that at least sound like the originals than have this decrepit shadow of a band stumble along barely making it through.

Makes you appreciate the old-timers out there like Mick Jagger who still manage to put on a decent performance!

RocShemp 03-30-10 10:59 PM

Who the hell would vote to keep Kate? :whofart:

dolphinboy 03-30-10 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 10080064)
It's a mix of judge's scores and Viewer votes.

So you viewers don't know the exact "formula" for how they determine who goes each week?

I read that Pam Anderson was in the bottom too and seemed surprised and based on that other article, she was safe too...at least compared to Buzz and Kate.

Other than season 1 of AI, I haven't watched that again and never watched this other than clicking over for a moment a few times. I would drive me bat shit if people who were good were constantly being voted off when people who were clearly worse advanced. Even worse if I didn't really know how they figured out who went home exactly.

I did see about a second of it when I clicked on my dvr to watch Lost and saw Brooke Burke. I don't think she's that hot. Oh well, the article kind of made it sound like even Shannen's speech after being eliminating was just as annoying as she seemed to be during her time of 90210 and Charmed. She said something about being an actor, not a dancer and doing this for her dad. Gag. Has she really acted in anything that people have seen since Charmed?

DWilson 03-31-10 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy (Post 10080108)
So you viewers don't know the exact "formula" for how they determine who goes each week?

I read that Pam Anderson was in the bottom too and seemed surprised and based on that other article, she was safe too...at least compared to Buzz and Kate.

Other than season 1 of AI, I haven't watched that again and never watched this other than clicking over for a moment a few times. I would drive me bat shit if people who were good were constantly being voted off when people who were clearly worse advanced. Even worse if I didn't really know how they figured out who went home exactly.

I did see about a second of it when I clicked on my dvr to watch Lost and saw Brooke Burke. I don't think she's that hot. Oh well, the article kind of made it sound like even Shannen's speech after being eliminating was just as annoying as she seemed to be during her time of 90210 and Charmed. She said something about being an actor, not a dancer and doing this for her dad. Gag. Has she really acted in anything that people have seen since Charmed?

From the DWTS web-site:

VOTING -- HOW IT WORKS:

During the live shows, judges will give a score based on several factors, including technical execution. But the judges' scores alone do not decide a couple's fate.

Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online polls will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open for 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until noon (Eastern Time) the next day.

In the Dancing with the Stars Results Show,* the couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will be eliminated from the competition.** The scoring is divided evenly between the judges and the viewers at home, ensuring unpredictable outcomes at the end of every show. When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine who wins the trophy.

*The Dancing with the Stars Results Show will premiere Tuesday March 30 at 8/7c. There will be a vote after the first night of competition, but there won't be a Results Show the next night. The same teams will dance again in week two, and their scores from the first and second weeks will be combined to create a final score that will determine who gets eliminated in the Results Show.

**On some results nights, the two couples with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will compete in a "Dance Off." Their original set of judges scores will be tossed out and they will perform the same routine again for a new set of judges scores. The new set of scores will be combined with their viewer votes and the couple with the lowest combined total will be eliminated.

THE PROCEDURE FOR ELIMINATING COUPLES:

Each week every couple receives points from the judges and votes from the public. For every couple we work out the share they got of the points given by the judges on the night, and the share they got of the public's votes on the night and we add these two shares together. The couple with the lowest combined total is eliminated from the show.

For example if couple A, B and C receive 38, 26 and 14 points from the judges, we calculate what share these points represent of the total awarded by the judges on the night. In this case the judges gave 78 points in total, and each couples' share of 78 points breaks down as follows: 38= 48.72% of78, 26= 33.33% of 78, 14= 17.95% of 78. Let's suppose that when the public votes are tallied, each couple has the following shares: A= 20%, B=40%, C=40%. To determine who's eliminated we combine these two shares for the total:

Couple A: 20+48.72%= 68.72%
Couple B: 40+33.33%= 73.33%
Couple C: 40+17.95%= 57.95%
In this case, the bottom two couples would be A and C, and C would be eliminated.

By the way, Shannon's partner, Mark Ballas, was seriously injured during a dress rehearsal and wasn't going to compete any more this season. His father "Corky", -who infamously danced with Cloris Leachman a few seasons back, -would have filled in.

Patman 03-31-10 02:22 AM

Shannon was on the revived 90210 last season for a few episodes.

big whoppa 03-31-10 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by bluesix (Post 10080076)
The Beach Boys sounded HORRIBLE!

I don't know if it was just because the lead singer Mike Love dropped too much acid in the 60s or just because he must be like 90 years old but dude sucked big time. If I was paying for a concert performance of that I would have asked for my money back!

At one point during the medley, I think during the Kokomo part, another band member jumped in and took over the singing almost as if it was like, 'hey, this happens all the time, whenever he turns into a train wreck, I jump in and takeover...'

So sad. Some bands should just hang it up! I mean, I'd rather see some soundalike band perform the songs that at least sound like the originals than have this decrepit shadow of a band stumble along barely making it through.

Makes you appreciate the old-timers out there like Mick Jagger who still manage to put on a decent performance!

It is really sad to see how they deteriorate. I've never been a BB fan but their voices can not pull off those old songs any more. And Kokomo was just horrible.

For the show, I knew Shannon was a goner against Pam and Kate which is fine by me. You definitely could see that diva side coming out during rehearsal. She was so passive aggressive. In fact, a lot of the celebrities displayed too much ego in training. They are the students and like Len said "shut up!"

LiquidSky 03-31-10 10:23 AM

I was flipping through the channels and saw Kate Gosselin "dance". She's awful! How on earth did she not get the boot? :lol: