DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Breaking Bad -- "Caballo sin nombre" -- 03/28/10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/571471-breaking-bad-caballo-sin-nombre-03-28-10-a.html)

Fist of Doom 03-28-10 05:04 AM

Breaking Bad -- "Caballo sin nombre" -- 03/28/10

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...es/BrBadS3.jpg

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Walt tries to reconcile with Skyler, but when his advances are rejected he takes drastic action to bring his family back together. A confused and angry Walter, Jr. lashes out at his mother. With the help of Saul, Jesse makes a significant investment.

MrX 03-28-10 10:13 PM

Re: Breaking Bad -- "Caballo sin nombre" -- 03/28/10

Wow, that last scene was pretty intense. I'm interested to see how Gus was able to call off the hit squad since he obviously wasn't aware of them targeting Walt.

Dr Mabuse 03-28-10 10:22 PM

Great episode.

Spoiler:
The opener was great. Walt is now becoming a whiny, stupid, pussy of a fool. Running around like an angry little 12 year old throwing a tantrum. I'm glad the cop hit him with the spray. Then pulling all the shit with Skylar like a pathetic wimp, and then breaking in. He's become a pouted up teenager wanting mommy to spank him for being bad. It's sickening.

I can see the symmetry in character development though... as Jesse is finally finding some intestinal fortitude and perspective on himself. I LOVED him sticking it to those fucking parents with Saul. Man that was satisfying. Fuck them. 'Concealing a meth lab' as they and their lawyer realized what was up. I loved it.

The call from Pollo to save Walt's pathetic ass was really something.

RobLutter 03-28-10 10:47 PM

I loved how Jesse
Spoiler:
stuck it to his parents. I actually laughed out loud when I realized what Saul was pulling.

I really want something terrible to happen to Walt to get him out of the whiney pussy tailspin he's been in the first 2 episodes of the season... I believe he's hit rock bottom (lying on the floor, bottles all around, face covered in the last thing he was eating) and I think Gus is going to make that happen the next episode.

Also, I loved seeing
Spoiler:
Tucco's tio
. I knew that fuck would come up sooner or later to screw over Walt as long as it wasn't through the feds.

Anyone else think at first that
Spoiler:
the bald guy planting the bug in Walt's house was Hank? There's way too many BALD PEOPLE on this show! lol

Brian Gentz 03-28-10 11:08 PM

love the episode title, wonder if they are going to keep that naming scheme up

bootsy 03-28-10 11:09 PM

Great episode as usual. The end was very tense. Can't wait til next week it looks like some things my go down with Hank and Walt but those previews can be deceiving.

Thrush 03-28-10 11:11 PM

So does Walt think hes moving back in or did he break in just to take a shower?!

Patman 03-28-10 11:14 PM

I LOL'd when the pizza ended up on the roof.

LickTheABCs 03-28-10 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 10076414)

He probably couldn't do that again if you paid him.

bootsy 03-28-10 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 10076414)

LOL somebody on another board asked how many takes do you think it took him to fling that pizza on the roof.

Man that was a big ass pizza and it looked good to. What a waste.

Brian Gentz 03-28-10 11:32 PM

Vince Gilligan on the pizza

Our special effects expert did indeed work up some mechanism for getting the pizza out of the box and onto the roof, using fishline or somesuch. However, to the best of my knowledge, his rig was never used. What you see in the finished episode is take one, in which Bryan basically just did a Hail Mary toss and got it up there in one try!

LickTheABCs 03-28-10 11:37 PM

I call bullshit.

RobLutter 03-29-10 01:38 AM

I laughed when he said to put the pizza in the fridge. The thing was probably twice the width of the fridge! ha!

Fist of Doom 03-29-10 03:27 AM

Excellent episode. Lots of funny stuff mixed in with the drama. I cracked up every time they showed the pizza, especially when The Cleaner stopped and looked at it like WTF?

Jessie might end up being the more interesting character this season. Walt is just flailing about.

They keep showing that damn eyeball - it has to have some significance.

Why was Saul putting Skyler under surveillance? He made a pretty convincing case to Walt that she wouldn't go the cops, but maybe he's not so sure and wants some blackmail material?

LickTheABCs 03-29-10 03:50 AM

http://i39.tinypic.com/j93hvq.jpg

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Jessie might end up being the more interesting character this season. Walt is just flailing about.

I love how they flipped the characters, now while Walt is acting like a pussy, Jesse is being the bad motherfucker.

Fist of Doom 03-29-10 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs (Post 10076544)

Thank you! :lol:

xVladx 03-29-10 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom (Post 10076541)
Why was Saul putting Skyler under surveillance? He made a pretty convincing case to Walt that she wouldn't go the cops, but maybe he's not so sure and wants some blackmail material?

I think his speech about why Skyler won't tell anybody was more for Walt's sake than it was the actual truth. He knows that sometimes people act irrationally, and even if it might not be in Skyler's best interest to tell anybody about what she knows, there's always the possibility that she might do it anyway.

andy434343 03-29-10 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom (Post 10076541)
They keep showing that damn eyeball - it has to have some significance.

I feel that the eye is a constant reminder of what he caused to happen, even though he is in extreme denial. Almost like it is watching him in his messed up life now because of his choices he made to be where he is.

bootsy 03-29-10 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by xVladx (Post 10076594)
I think his speech about why Skyler won't tell anybody was more for Walt's sake than it was the actual truth. He knows that sometimes people act irrationally, and even if it might not be in Skyler's best interest to tell anybody about what she knows, there's always the possibility that she might do it anyway.

Great point and they will probably have something on Skyler with the stuff at Beneke.

Raul3 03-29-10 09:43 AM

Great episode.

This show is the anti-Lost (big fan, can't wait until tomorrow), a lot of things happen in each episode. I mean we are in the third season and they are keeping up the pace from the first season. Remember Weeds? Even the great Mad Men has had average episodes.

So, are the twins mute?

Sometimes in this episode I felt like I was watching a Tarantino movie, a kind of Pulp Fiction influenced movie.

mdc3000 03-29-10 11:03 AM

Jesse buying his parent's house was the ultimate fuck you...I LOVED that moment. Great episode, I just hope Raul3 didn't jinx this show by posting what he did ;)

uteotw 03-29-10 11:16 AM

What a great show.

Not just WHAT he did but the WAY Jesse strolled up and jingled the keys was awesome. Although, you can't totally blame them for the attitude since his drug habits have clearly burned them in the past. I actually thought he might do something nice and give them the house back, but I guess not.

I also thought that Skyler might be just a slight bit nicer to Walt after she talked with her boss and heard his response to her question. (I see she has no problem working for a guy who's cooking the books.) Why couldn't she give Walt the chance to say that he was just trying to get by, that he hadn't thought that far ahead, that he had to get money for treatment and that he was trying to set his family up for when he was dead?

Septemberbaby 03-29-10 11:28 AM

I'm actually sitting here laughing at those who think it was great that Jesse screwed his parents one more time. Those evil parents. Shame on them for not being perfect. Shame on them for giving him a decent life. Shame on them for not enduring his lifestyle longer. Shame on them for FINALLY seeing the light and understanding that they needed to shut him out for their own sanity as well as their safety.
Shame on them.
45 days sober and he has yet to make amends to anyone.
It's still all about him.

CPA-ESQ. 03-29-10 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby (Post 10076912)
I'm actually sitting here laughing at those who think it was great that Jesse screwed his parents one more time. Those evil parents. Shame on them for not being perfect. Shame on them for giving him a decent life. Shame on them for not enduring his lifestyle longer. Shame on them for FINALLY seeing the light and understanding that they needed to shut him out for their own sanity as well as their safety.
Shame on them.
45 days sober and he has yet to make amends to anyone.
It's still all about him.

:thumbsup:

Dr Mabuse 03-29-10 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 10076429)
LOL somebody on another board asked how many takes do you think it took him to fling that pizza on the roof.

Man that was a big ass pizza and it looked good to. What a waste.

Venezia's is a real local pizza joint ran by New York imports, it's a good pizza.

Venezia's and another place called Mario's make those ~3 foot pizzas around here.