Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 3/24/10 (Wednesday Night!)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home?
Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
16.67%
James Clement (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
50.00%
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
33.33%
Amanda Kimmel (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
JT Thomas (Tocantins)
0%
Candice Woodcock (Cook Islands)
8.33%
Tyson Apostol (Tocantins)
0%
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
0%
Danielle DiLorenzo (Panama)
0%
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
16.67%
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
0%
Boston Rob Mariano (Marquesas, All-Stars)
25.00%
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
16.67%
Benjamin "Coach" Wade (Tocantins)
0%
Courtney Yates (China)
16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 3/24/10 (Wednesday Night!)

Old 03-29-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 3/24/10 (Wednesday Night!)

So if Russell manages to swing Coach, does that net him Jerri too? That would completely reverse the #'s and it would be interesting to see how Russell plays the game with the #'s in his favor for a change.

I mentioned on an earlier thread that you need to get the schemers who don't add to camp or challenges out of the game early (specifically mentioned Parv and Cirie). This is the one thing the Heroes did get right as Cirie would be running that tribe picking off every strong Hero guy right now. The Villains had their chance to get Parv at the initial vote (yet chose Randy who they could have picked off whenever) and I wonder if she's now going to have a deep run in the game.
Old 03-29-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Setzer
So a buddy of mine says to me, "You gotta go to youtube and re-watch the villains tribal council! Rob's reactions while Jeff was reading the votes weren't actually his reactions from that tribal council!" So, I go check out the video and yes, there were a couple of times where they panned over to Rob and he had his hat on and couple of other times he didn't have it on. So they edited it, big f-ing deal.
Those clips are on CBS's website also (heck, you can watch full episodes from this year). No need to risk going to Youtube.

Originally Posted by Setzer
The thing that really pissed me off was right there, below the video, first fucking comment, "*insert survivor name here* wins Heroes vs. Villains!" You gotta be fucking kidding me! I knew there was a rumor going around that the final 3 had been revealed but the winner too? WTF? How did this information get out? It hasn't in previous Survivor seasons. Now I'm pissed.
If it lists a specific winner, they're either guessing or making stuff up.
Old 03-29-10, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Those clips are on CBS's website also (heck, you can watch full episodes from this year). No need to risk going to Youtube.
Yeah, yeah. He sent me the link to the clip on MSN. It was easier for me to just go to the link he sent me than to spend hours trying to find it on CBS's web site.
Old 03-31-10, 04:40 PM

I doubt anyone knows the answer to this for sure, but who knows. Had Russell not played the idol on the first vote, and then there was a 3-3-3 tie, could have have then played the idol on the revote? I'm guessing no.
Old 03-31-10, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by guildda
I doubt anyone knows the answer to this for sure, but who knows. Had Russell not played the idol on the first vote, and then there was a 3-3-3 tie, could have have then played the idol on the revote? I'm guessing no.
No, that's why Rob knew his plan would work. If they flushed out the idol on the first vote, they would have to vote between Russell and Pavarti, thus sealing Russell's fate.
Old 03-31-10, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by guildda
Probably not, since the point of the HII rule changes was to force you to make the decision to play the HII or not BEFORE the votes are made.
Old 03-31-10, 06:23 PM

Really Tom Westman over James Clemen, is this real? Is this a decision or favouritism. I'm more then willing to sit back accept the decision to keep James over Tom, if only James wasn't a broken man! Did the heros lose focus since of direction and forget there's a million dollar at the end. Do they understand they need capable, mobile people to win challenges. All around bad decision to begin with and a decision which will come back and bite them. The heros voted off key challengers off the island and this will not help them win.
---

Last edited by Netvillage; 03-31-10 at 06:27 PM. Reason: miss spell
Old 04-01-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone else think the editors completely botched the Heroes in this episode? I can't ever remember such a bad job setting up the final vote. No one even remotely suggested voting James out...so it simply made no sense. With all great blindsides, we at least get a little suspicious comment here or there to let us believe it's possible. With James, we got nothing. So it ended up being more confusing than anything.
Old 04-01-10, 11:51 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Russell may never win, but he's my pick for BEST SURVIVOR PLAYER to date. To outplay Rob, who's not shabby either, was genius. Winning is a crapshoot -- only a couple would even make the top 10.
Old 04-01-10, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Did anyone else think the editors completely botched the Heroes in this episode? I can't ever remember such a bad job setting up the final vote. No one even remotely suggested voting James out...so it simply made no sense. With all great blindsides, we at least get a little suspicious comment here or there to let us believe it's possible. With James, we got nothing. So it ended up being more confusing than anything.
Both Amanda and Rupert discussed keeping Colby over James. I didn't find it confusing at all.

Also, I think Rob got outplayed by Tyson.