Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 3/24/10 (Wednesday Night!)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home?
Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
16.67%
James Clement (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
50.00%
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
33.33%
Amanda Kimmel (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
JT Thomas (Tocantins)
0%
Candice Woodcock (Cook Islands)
8.33%
Tyson Apostol (Tocantins)
0%
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
0%
Danielle DiLorenzo (Panama)
0%
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
16.67%
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
0%
Boston Rob Mariano (Marquesas, All-Stars)
25.00%
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
16.67%
Benjamin "Coach" Wade (Tocantins)
0%
Courtney Yates (China)
16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 3/24/10 (Wednesday Night!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-10, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 3/24/10 (Wednesday Night!)

Again, Russell benefited from people having not seen him play. That would never have worked if people had seen his season. However, he didn't beat Rob. Rob outmanuevered him; Tyson's just an idiot. Of course, he proved that the first time around so that's nothing we didn't already know.

Looks like we get to put up with another season of Russell telling me how awesome he is. I don't really get how some people find him entertaining. To each their own...
Old 03-24-10, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
That was the stuff legends are made of. Russell truly is one of the greatest and showed that once again by playing Tyson for the fool he proved to be. I love the reaction after the votes were read:
Danielle (laughing): "What just happened?!"
Agreed! It was equally amazing to watch Russell and Rob each think out the other's plans and counterplan to make things go their way. What Rob didn't count on was Tyson being stupid. Wow!
Old 03-24-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
That was the stuff legends are made of. Russell truly is one of the greatest and showed that once again by playing Tyson for the fool he proved to be. I love the reaction after the votes were read:
Danielle (laughing): "What just happened?!"
This.

Russell is the best player ever. I wanted to hate this guy. I can't.
Old 03-24-10, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
You are in some serious denial my friend.
Not really. But if you don't consider "playing to win" to be part of "how to play the game," then I can understand how you'd think that.
Old 03-24-10, 10:16 PM

Also, it's pretty amazing how Sandra always sees through the bullshit. She was probably the only person who didn't believe Fairplay's dead grandmother lie and she's one of the few who'd never fall for anything Russell tried to sell her.

lol at "You need to get in the ocean and wash your ass." Apparently Russell doesn't bathe very often out there.
Old 03-24-10, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TwineTime
Also, it's pretty amazing how Sandra always sees through the bullshit. She was probably the only person who didn't believe Fairplay's dead grandmother lie and she's one of the few who'd never fall for anything Russell tried to sell her.

lol at "You need to get in the ocean and wash your ass." Apparently Russell doesn't bathe very often out there.
I think Sandra will be a force to be reckoned with later on in this season. I don't think she's on anyone's radar, and there are so many big personalities that will take out each other before even thinking about her.
Old 03-24-10, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I think Sandra will be a force to be reckoned with later on in this season. I don't think she's on anyone's radar, and there are so many big personalities that will take out each other before even thinking about her.
I guarantee she's on Russell's radar. If she wasn't before, she sure as hell is after tonight's tribal council. If Rob wins immunity again, I think Russell will go after Sandra.
Old 03-24-10, 10:43 PM

"It's not rocket science..."
Old 03-24-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TwineTime
Not really. But if you don't consider "playing to win" to be part of "how to play the game," then I can understand how you'd think that.
He swayed the one vote that ultimately saved him and his strongest ally in the game. He gave away an immunity idol, which gained both loyalty and the appearance of a trustworthy person to everyone else. All this and he still had time to possibly convince Coach to side with him.

I'm starting to think that you guys are getting a different show on the East Coast.
Old 03-24-10, 11:02 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't it used to be that you couldn't give anybody the idol after the votes were cast?
Old 03-24-10, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, that was a very bullish move and it worked in his favor. Give the man credit, he's thinking and playing the game.
Old 03-24-10, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Two questions:

1. Why did the Villains choose to go last in the immunity challenge? Was their plan to minimize the recovery time of their winner against the Heroes winner? Since they are competing against themselves, I don't see the advantage of going last, if anything it's a slight disadvantage as the Hero winner has a bit more time to recoup.

2. Why did Jeff order the votes the way he did with the villains? It was clear that Tyson was getting three votes... I think it would have been much more dramatic to have the 4th Parvati vote be the last one - it was not clear Tyson was going to be an idiot (well, Ok maybe it was) and I think it would have shocked the tribe a bit more as the 4th Parvati vote was the true swing vote.

And Rob is just as arrogant and annoying as Russell, he just does it with a smile and some humor so many people for some reason aren't as offput by it. He's fortunate he won immunity or he would really would have massive egg on his face with his "playing with the big boys" comment.
Old 03-24-10, 11:16 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

I was worried for my girl Parvati!

I think she's playing russell a blinder!
Old 03-24-10, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Where Rob screwed up is that they should have just said the "Hell with it" and all voted for Danielle. She clearly was out of the 6 person alliance. Why bother splitting votes?

Of course, Rob's plan would have worked if Tyson wasn't an idiot. What possible good was served by him voting for Parvati? How did that help him? Maybe he'll have a decent answer in the interviews, but it isn't readily apparent based on what we saw.
Old 03-24-10, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was great when Rob said to Russell Its been real.
Old 03-24-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I was worried for my girl Parvati!

I think she's playing russell a blinder!
There's a girl in the same office building where I work that look just like her. Well, maybe less teeth. She might be from Morgan Stanley.
Old 03-24-10, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Stunning stupidity by Tyson. Unless it somehow endangers Rob, I'm more than happy to see him go.

BTW : Who is the third voting in a block with Pavertti and Russell?
Old 03-24-10, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If only Tyson was not a huge retard he would have saved us 2 season's of that fat little troll and the editors trying to cram him down our throats as "The Greatest Player Ever".

If Russelll would have gone out on the 2nd Villians TC tonight his edit would have not been as anywhere near as large or as favorable in Samoa.
Old 03-25-10, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I rooted for Russell last season, was getting annoyed with him this season, but he won me over again. I'm rooting for Rob vs Russell until the end. Hopefully they merge when there's only one hero left, because the villains are the only entertaining part of this season.
Old 03-25-10, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
BTW : Who is the third voting in a block with Pavertti and Russell?
Plastic Titties (Danielle)

Originally Posted by Howie2000
If Russelll would have gone out on the 2nd Villians TC tonight his edit would have not been as anywhere near as large or as favorable in Samoa.
So if he had been voted out tonight, that would change what happened last season? Okay.

Originally Posted by outcastja
I'm rooting for Rob vs Russell until the end.
That would be the best scenario, but I don't see how they can both last through more than a couple tribal councils. If they could both get over their egos, they would make an unstoppable team.

Last edited by dino88; 03-25-10 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-25-10, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So if he had been voted out tonight, that would change what happened last season? Okay.

No but had he been a complete dud who made no impact this time they would have not felt justified in giving an over the top favorable edit which clearly was not indicitive of what actually went on last time.

Even tonights edit people are like OMG RUSSELLL SUCH A MASTERMIND based on something edited to make it look like Russell got Tyson to flip. Tyson deciding to change his vote was a complete stupid and irrational gamble based on him reasoning Parvati and Danielle would be voting Russell and he wanted to see Parv leave really bad.

If you watch his exit interview on CBS his random convo with Russell was not even mentioned in the rationale in his decision to switch the vote. Tyson just completely overthought things and was a victim of his own ego.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1a3X...layer_embedded

Anyway even based on Russell's own confessional before the vote he mentioned they could split the votes 3-3 he actually thought they were putting all the votes on Parvati. So the "Greatest Player Ever" almost idoled himself out of the game tonight out of loyalty to Parvati.

Last edited by Howie2000; 03-25-10 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-25-10, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've always hated Peyton Manning, but I can admit he's a great player.
Old 03-25-10, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Anyway even based on Russell's own confessional before the vote he mentioned they could split the votes 3-3 he actually thought they were putting all the votes on Parvati. So the "Greatest Player Ever" almost idoled himself out of the game tonight out of loyalty to Parvati.
You actually think Russell would have given up the idol if he didn't think there was a very good chance that Tyson voted for Parvati?
Old 03-25-10, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've always hated Peyton Manning, but I can admit he's a great player.
Peyton Manning has won a Superbowl and has a chance someday to go down as the best QB in Football history.

Russell has won nothing and is not even the best Survivor player from his original season.

He is great at finding HII's. But at other important aspects of the game you know like(Working around camp,Not making enemies for the sake of making them)he is not a great player.
Old 03-25-10, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
You actually think Russell would have given up the idol if he didn't think there was a very good chance that Tyson voted for Parvati?
Of course he thought Tyson was voting her but unless there is some secret scenes out there apparently himself,Danielle and Parvati were under the impression the vote would be 6 votes Parvati 3 votes Tyson.

Do Russell fans really think he knowingly knew they were vote splitting 3-3-3 and decided to give Parvati the Idol and would risk his neck on the line on the whim of whether Tyson would switch his vote.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.