Human Target -- "Baptiste" 3/17/10

Old 03-18-10, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Human Target -- "Baptiste" -- 3/17/10

Wheee....the hotie and the cutie are back

A good episode, the only thing I did not like was

Spoiler:
when chance shoots several times at Baptiste out on the roof from the back and STILL Baptiste comes out fighting (I assume from not being hit even once). That was some massively bad writing.

Last edited by wearetheborg; 03-18-10 at 03:42 AM.
Old 03-18-10, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Human Target -- "Baptiste" 3/17/10

Great episode, loved the use of some past characters

I hope we see more of Baptiste
Old 03-18-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good thing I don't wear a watch.

Loved the ep. Love the show.
Old 03-18-10, 01:36 PM

Another thing:
Spoiler:

Barnes said nobody at the Bureau believed her, but didnt she obtain a fingerprint of Chance that was in the database ? Why would that not constitute reasonable proof ?
Old 03-18-10, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I loved this episode. With each passing week, this show moves up in the "must-see" ranks.

Loved seeing Emmanuelle Vaugier back as Emma Barnes. Guerrero's needling of the "new girl" was great as well, especially after Winston told him "that doesn't help either" and he said "I have complete faith in you".

The way the episode was put together was really well done too (with Baptiste doing his best to make you think Emma died).

Great mid-week show now that Psych is offline for a few months. (Hopefully some new Modern Family soon too.)
Old 03-18-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hope they keep Reeser around, love seeing her on TV again.

That's the best they could do for the DC Metro system?
Old 03-18-10, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally View Post
I loved this episode. With each passing week, this show moves up in the "must-see" ranks.

Loved seeing Emmanuelle Vaugier back as Emma Barnes. Guerrero's needling of the "new girl" was great as well, especially after Winston told him "that doesn't help either" and he said "I have complete faith in you".

The way the episode was put together was really well done too (with Baptiste doing his best to make you think Emma died).

Great mid-week show now that Psych is offline for a few months. (Hopefully some new Modern Family soon too.)

I agree. While this series is obviously about Chance and his group, this ep. seemed to set a good groundwork if they wanted to take a more ensemble route in the future. I think there's a strong chance that we will see Reeser again, as she was just a mere supporting character in a single show, but for some reason she was brought back.

I think it is a given that we will see Baptiste again. The only reason Chance didn't kill him was because Emma was there with her group and he obviously would have gone to jail had he done so.

The way I see it, this series will be a lot of standalone eps. with one every now and than that builds toward a bigger story. My guess the big picture eps. will have Baptiste, the yet to be seen Old Man, and possibly Barnes, as her character would want to find out all she can about the organization to whom Baptiste and Chance once belonged.
Old 03-18-10, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old Man better not be John Mahoney.

Emma is so hot, she makes me want to be a better TV viewer.

This show is doing a good job weaving in Chance's backstory with the case of the week.

Reeser looks really hot with the glasses.
Old 03-18-10, 11:27 PM

this was an OK episode for me.

but you know, all the previous episodes have been sensational. So one OK episode isn't too shabby.

Autumn Reeser returning....HELL YES!
Old 03-18-10, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman View Post
This show is doing a good job weaving in Chance's backstory with the case of the week.
Agreed.
Old 03-19-10, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Hope they keep Reeser around, love seeing her on TV again.
With the way they kept repeating "new girl" and her saying her name, saying they were giving her a job as her company was destroyed, plus them having no girls on the team, I think she is going to become a regular.

I bit surprised that NCIS season 1 was getting around 80% more viewers than this show.
Old 03-19-10, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I LOVE this show! Pure fun, something most tv is lacking.

Am I the only one who missed how Chance and Baptiste wound up at the Subway station?
They were on the roof of the building, Baptiste fell and the next thing you know they are talking at the station. Did I miss something?
Old 03-19-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is becoming one of my favorites as well.

It was nice seeing Lennie James in action again. Made me wish Jericho was still around.
Old 03-19-10, 08:36 AM

Any word on whether or not this has been picked up by Fox for another season? I can't see how this can win its time slot by a rather large margin week in and week out and not get picked up, but it is Fox, so you never know.
Old 03-19-10, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy View Post
I LOVE this show! Pure fun, something most tv is lacking.

Am I the only one who missed how Chance and Baptiste wound up at the Subway station?
They were on the roof of the building, Baptiste fell and the next thing you know they are talking at the station. Did I miss something?
It was a little confusing because the very opening of the show was Chance going into the station all beat up and bloody and spotting Baptiste, then they sat down on the bench together and talked a minute then they showed the "8 hours earlier" caption.
Spoiler:

After Baptiste jumped off the roof they used his cell phone records to determine the last call he made was to Amtrak, so they figured that was his escape route. There were two stations close by, so Chance went to one and Winston went to the other.
Old 03-19-10, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for that, I forgot they showed Chance walk in at the start. I just remembered them sitting/talking from the get go.

As for getting picked up, I hope so. Especially if 24 gets canned, Fox would be stupid to not keep this as their "action" show. Although next weeks MMA show doesn't look to appealing.
Old 03-19-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yet another great episode. lennie james is a kickass badguy. hope we see him back at some point.
Old 03-19-10, 03:21 PM

great episode. i think maybe the best of the series so far. the third date bra talk was hilarious. this show is must see for me now.
Old 03-19-10, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only issue i have with the AUtumn reeser character is if she is the hacker/tech nerd, what is Jackie Earle's character for ?
Old 03-19-10, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond View Post
The only issue i have with the AUtumn reeser character is if she is the hacker/tech nerd, what is Jackie Earle's character for ?
yeah, seems like they sort of shifted focus from when the show first started. now he's more of an enforcer than a tech guy.
Old 03-19-10, 07:43 PM

He's the wildcard bitches, yeeha!.
Old 03-19-10, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
I agree. While this series is obviously about Chance and his group, this ep. seemed to set a good groundwork if they wanted to take a more ensemble route in the future. I think there's a strong chance that we will see Reeser again, as she was just a mere supporting character in a single show, but for some reason she was brought back.

I think it is a given that we will see Baptiste again. The only reason Chance didn't kill him was because Emma was there with her group and he obviously would have gone to jail had he done so.

The way I see it, this series will be a lot of standalone eps. with one every now and than that builds toward a bigger story. My guess the big picture eps. will have Baptiste, the yet to be seen Old Man, and possibly Barnes, as her character would want to find out all she can about the organization to whom Baptiste and Chance once belonged.
I think you're 100% right about this.

Don't know how this show is doing in the ratings, but it's completely enjoyable. It really reminds me of the feeling I had watching Knight Rider in the 80s. Each show is self-contained where the lead character has to protect someone, with an occasional "big picture" episode, and they always have you wondering about his past.

LOL next week we even get the obligatory
Spoiler:
Chance becomes a bare-chested extreme fighter
episode.
Old 03-19-10, 11:30 PM

I have the impression that Gurrerro is the field tech, but not really a hacker. Did he not get someone to hack to see who was beind the hit on the holder of the skeleton key ?
Old 03-20-10, 11:34 AM

Even if Layla is taking over certain aspects of Guerrero's job, which I haven't followed closely enough to know if she indeed is doing so, Guerrero has far more experience, talents more widespread, devotion to Chance, and cold-bloodedness to be dispensible if Layla is indeed a permanent part of the team.
Old 03-20-10, 11:59 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I really liked the actor playing Baptiste... glad they didn't kill him, I'd like to see him again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.