DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Thanks" - 03/17/10 (Series Finale) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/570929-scrubs-%5Bmed-school%5D-our-thanks-03-17-10-series-finale.html)

Goldberg74 03-16-10 08:20 PM

Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Thanks" - 03/17/10 (Series Finale)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/255...93ascrubs1.jpg

"Our Thanks" TV-PG D, L
Wednesday, March 17, 8/7c

Spoiler:
The med students are thankful when Cole identifies his true calling; Lucy finds her inspiration.

This is it... no more Scrubs after this.

Back to watching the DVDs and catching the shows in syndication. :(

<fieldset style="font-size: 0.8em; width: 550px; margin: 20px auto; padding: 5px 10px;"><legend>Scrubs [Med School] (Season 9, Fall 2009) Links</legend>
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our First Day of School" - 12/1/09
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Drunk Friend" - 12/1/09

Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Role Models" - 12/8/09
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Histories" - 12/15/09
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Mysteries" - 12/22/09
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our New Girl-Bro" - 01/01/10
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Couples" - 01/05/10
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our White Coats" - 01/05/10

Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Stuff Gets Real" - 01/12/10
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our True Lies" - 01/19/10
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Dear Leaders" - 01/26/10
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Driving Issues" - 03/10/10
Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Thanks" - 03/17/10 (Series Finale)
</fieldset>

Goldberg74 03-16-10 08:24 PM

Re: Scrubs [Med School] - "Our Thanks" - 03/17/10 (Series Finale)

I hope that no one reams me out for starting this a day early... but it IS the series finale and it's had an irregular schedule.

Bronkster 03-16-10 08:26 PM

:sad:

starman9000 03-16-10 08:36 PM

And to make things worse, mine isn't eve on due to high school basketball. :(

whotony 03-16-10 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000 (Post 10053399)
And to make things worse, mine isn't eve on due to high school basketball. :(

Your what?

RocShemp 03-16-10 09:47 PM

I'm gonna be sad to see this go. :(

Snowmaker 03-16-10 10:57 PM

Meh, it was a nice attempt, but they should have let it end with how season 8 ended. Then just do a reunion show in 5-10 years.

Mordred 03-16-10 11:17 PM

I've really enjoyed this season more than the last two of the regular scrubs. They should have gotten rid of JD and focused on the students much earlier.

RocShemp 03-17-10 12:02 AM

As much as I like JD, he shouldn't have been in this season at all given they totally undermined his growth by the end of season 8. He had a great farewell during last season's finale and that's where they should have left it.

emachine12 03-17-10 02:22 AM

Well...

I am not going to see this unless it shows up on Hulu. Thanks to ABC's crappy programming schedule: it airs at the same time as Human Target and Mercy. I am not cancelling the better shows for this abrupt finale.

EdTheRipper 03-17-10 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 10053727)
As much as I like JD, he shouldn't have been in this season at all given they totally undermined his growth by the end of season 8. He had a great farewell during last season's finale and that's where they should have left it.

Agreed. The season 8 finale actually brought tears to my eyes as it was so well done. At the time, I was just being transferred from the store I'd been working at for 8 years prior so I completely related to how he felt when he was walking down the hall for what was supposed to be the last time. Bringing him back for the first half of this season totally cheapened that exit.

starman9000 03-17-10 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 10053468)
Your what?

Airing of this episode.

DRG 03-17-10 11:16 AM

I ended up enjoying this season despite my initial misgivings. I think it's fairly obvious JD should have not be involved in this. Furthermore, I don't really see there being much need for Turk or Elliot (other than eye candy in Elliot's case) since they were both so tied into JD's storyline. They should have stuck with Cox, Denise, and Kelso as the returning backbone as those three characters seemed to be the only ones who really added to the 'newbies' storyline without getting in the way of it.

FatTony 03-17-10 12:48 PM

Meh, I won't really miss it. I feel like the show got a proper send-off at the end of Season 8 and this incarnation of Scrubs just couldn't find its footing. I think it's largely due to the way the old characters were shoe-horned into the show (JD especially), but the new cast had its share of problems too (the worst of which is the new narrator).

Any word on whether this episode will actually have a "series finale" vibe to it, or is it just going to be like any other episode?

kstublen 03-17-10 07:05 PM

"It is the complete opposite of a water slide."

Haha

SpanishTechno 03-17-10 08:08 PM

Shrimp is gay for chicken

Definitely didn't have a last episode vibe, it barely had a season finale vibe.

RocShemp 03-17-10 08:15 PM

It felt like any other episode but at least it was a good episode. Too bad Kelso was MIA.

Drav3n 03-17-10 08:53 PM

nothing about this episode made it seem like a finale...

Nth Power 03-18-10 03:00 AM

Kind of a ho-hum episode, but sad to see it ending.
I even ended up liking Cole quite a bit, who I really disliked at the start. I haven't gone back and watched any beginning episodes, but it seemed like he turned less mean and annoying as the show went on and more endearing in a juvenile sort of way. Ah well, none of it matters now anyways. Bye Scrubs.

JamesTheFishy 03-18-10 05:18 AM

I take it that there is no way scrubs is getting renewed? I thought this season was decent enough to see what the second season will bring... I unlike most consider this a spin off of scrubs and still believe scrubs ended at season 8.

is this true: fanforum.com/f163/scrubs-season-10-cancelled-62931719/

Phurion 03-18-10 05:35 AM

Damn that episode felt NOTHING like any kind of finale.

Kinda lame...

Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the season, but I honestly think the show would be better as a series ending how it did last season.Although I guess they made it kind of a spin-off with this season but I wish it would have been on longer or at least had a proper finale....

CKMorpheus 03-18-10 01:52 PM

I enjoyed the spin-off, sad it's ending. Oh well!

TGM 03-18-10 02:21 PM

the lead blonde was cute as hell but worthless... grew to like Cole... grew to really like Cox's #1, loved Denise from the get-go, loved Turk as always, hated JD in this, hated the security guards, sad to see it go, but won't lose sleep over it.

Bill Needle 03-18-10 02:24 PM

Bye Scrubs.

kstublen 03-18-10 02:42 PM

Too bad there isn't going to be another season. Sure, it started out a little rough, but once J.D. left the show really hit its stride.

On the one hand, I wish they had just ended it last season and not bothered with this "spin-off," but on the other hand I think it was worth the extra season to have the Drew character introduced.

I'm really surprised how much Cole changed over the course of this season. I remember in the start I, and everyone else it seems, couldn't stand the character, but gradually he became a likable, and often very funny, character.

Lucy was okay. Nothing special. She definitely wasn't the one that should have been heading the "new class" of Sacred Heart (obviously Drew should have been). They really should've just dropped the narrations and daydreams that were J.D.'s trademark as they felt totally forced and watered-down with Lucy.

But Drew was definitely the highlight of the season. He was absolutely hilarious and his sense of comedic timing was spot-on. His interactions with Cox and Denise were fantastic as well. Had those three been given the show all to themselves I imagine the ratings would have fared better.

Turk was good this season, but you could really tell that J.D. was missing. Still, Faison delivered in the role, as usual, and I was glad to have him stick around; he didn't get nearly as annoying as J.D. did.

I definitely missed the Janitor, but will always laugh when I think about the way he was written off the show. Those Security Guards were just plain awful and it was a wise decision to get rid of them (whoever thought they were funny in the first place probably got fired before the show was canceled).

Kelso was a great character here as well, popping up every now and again to offer advice or creep the characters out. It was nice to see a resolution with him and Ted as well.

All in all, I'll be sad to see it go. It's just too bad they couldn't have done a more proper send-off.