TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Recon" -- 3/16/10

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-10, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Lost -- "Recon" -- 3/16/10

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Interesting take and I'd like to see it play out. My only hesitation in accepting this is the writers did promise that all the character's stories would be wrapped up, and to me that would leave the show in a perpetual loop. Either way would be fascinating, though.
Yea, I've been reading the same two theories since LA X. That's why I'm fairly sure neither will be correct.

1.) It's a S7 restart. (Crap)
2.) It's the original timeline. (Which is much much better IMO)

Personally, I still hope it will be tied into the Hatch. The first time I saw the Hatch in S1 I thought it was an elaborate Time Capsule, similiar to the one Kate and Tom buried, except Desmond was really saving the world (ALT) by pushing the button.
Old 03-18-10, 10:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way the MiB can be Aaron is if at some point very soon the boy shows up on the island then becomes transported back in time hundreds of years and is stranded there with a young Jacob so they can grow up together, playing games, watching others arrive via ship, etc... Widmore could easily have kidnapped Aaron from his grandmother and brought him on board the submarine behind lock and key.

The Others knew that the MiB was going to be coming to the island as a boy so they made sure to kidnap every child that came to the island. When 815 crashed they grabbed Walt and tested him (as well as the others). Pregnant women were a concern as well because of the death rate so they kidnapped Claire and monitored her. After Aaron was born the MiB used his Christian body (as her dad) to manipulate her towards his side and to get the baby off the island and away from her. Once he did that then he could go on with his plan of manipulating Ben/Locke to get Locke's body to the island to kill Jacob so he could finally be free.

Last edited by cracksky; 03-18-10 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-18-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

I thought this ep was pretty dull after the highlight of the season that was on last week.

I really wanted Sawyer to ask Widmore a few questions, but no...
Old 03-18-10, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cracksky
The only way the MiB can be Aaron is if at some point very soon the boy shows up on the island then becomes transported back in time hundreds of years and is stranded there with a young Jacob so they can grow up together, playing games, watching others arrive via ship, etc... Widmore could easily have kidnapped Aaron from his grandmother and brought him on board the submarine behind lock and key.

The Others knew that the MiB was going to be coming to the island as a boy so they made sure to kidnap every child that came to the island. When 815 crashed they grabbed Walt and tested him (as well as the others). Pregnant women were a concern as well because of the death rate so they kidnapped Claire and monitored her. After Aaron was born the MiB used his Christian body (as her dad) to manipulate her towards his side and to get the baby off the island and away from her. Once he did that then he could go on with his plan of manipulating Ben/Locke to get Locke's body to the island to kill Jacob so he could finally be free.
I love these theories that keep cropping up.

Going with this idea, perhaps Charlie Hume is Jacob? Perhaps Desmond, Penny, Charlie and Aaron are on the sub behind the locked door. Who knows...maybe Charles has a way of making some wild time flashes occur that send them back in time?
Old 03-18-10, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

One thing is clear from reading these theories involving Aaron... a lot of us still want him to be central to the mystery of the show at it's core. Myself included. I really, really hope that someone on here is at least partially right in their Aaron theorizing.
Old 03-19-10, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cracksky

+1

I suspect Aaron will become key as the season winds down. When Flocke commented to Kate that both he and Aaron had crazy mothers, my first thought was that maybe Flocke planned to use Aaron as another body to escape the island. That may not pan out, but I still think Aaron will become an integral piece of the coming episodes - they have made much of Crazy Claire's obsession with Aaron so a mother-son reunion is to be expected.

I also like your theory that the Others knew that the MiB was coming to the island as a child (or maybe that a child would be the MiB's vessel to leave the island) since it explains the Walt/kids dragging teddy bears/preggo stuff that seemed so important earlier in the show's run.
Old 03-19-10, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Why is Aaron even remotely something special? The only thing is that the "psychic" said he shouldn't be raised by others. Well he was (Kate) and now Claire is crazy. Perhaps that's all he was referring to. Besides, what was/is his credibility?

Now if Aaron had been conceived on the island and still been born, then I'd think there is something special about him since that bucks the trend.
Old 03-19-10, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
I have nothing against what AM is doing now.

Which is not posting videos.

Team Smoke Monster was the best, the others were just a bit too long. About like the cake video. It's not really funny, more like, "WTF?"

I never posted anything about you. I don't dislike you, personally, the vids were just a bit meh.
All right, I am back on your team.
Old 03-19-10, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mhg83

So hot even chicks wanna cop a feel.
Old 03-19-10, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Superman07
Why is Aaron even remotely something special? The only thing is that the "psychic" said he shouldn't be raised by others. Well he was (Kate) and now Claire is crazy. Perhaps that's all he was referring to. Besides, what was/is his credibility?

Now if Aaron had been conceived on the island and still been born, then I'd think there is something special about him since that bucks the trend.
He is special because the producers say that he is.
Old 03-19-10, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
He is special because the producers say that he is.
That's not an answer. They've said lots of things over the years and back tracked on a lot of them. Nothing has happened in the series to say he is special, only fan conjecture.
Old 03-19-10, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Yea, I'm not sure if Kate realizes that it's someone else entirely! Sawyer never tells her, and she still thinks it's Locke.
Well, she knows that Locke is supposedly dead, so she should realize that there is something weird with him.
Old 03-19-10, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Palaver
Well, she knows that Locke is supposedly dead, so she should realize that there is something weird with him.
Yea, but she also say Sayid die and lay there for two hours. She probably just assumes the same thing happened to Locke.

BTW, someone on Lostpedia pointed out something I should have picked up on sooner. In Dr. Linus, The MiB tries to send Ben to meet up with his group on Hydra Island. In Recon, we see that Widmore is on the island, and the MiB had no intention of going there to meet up with Ben. He sent Ben on a trip right into Widmore's hands. Perhaps MiB and Widmore are in it together?
Old 03-19-10, 04:54 PM
ATX

^ wasn't Jacob the one who wanted "someone" to come to the island.

& Widdy and them wouldn't setup pileons to keep there friend away

& Widdy probably have some Dogen blades locked up in that sub room

&
Spoiler:
the sub will be blown up just like last time
Old 03-19-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Please don't post theories if you have been reading spoilers.

We don't know what Jacob wants/wanted.
Old 03-19-10, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Yea, but she also say Sayid die and lay there for two hours. She probably just assumes the same thing happened to Locke.
Would it be so hard to write "Did they use the pool on him too?" as a line of dialogue for Kate? You know, what an actual human being would say?
Old 03-19-10, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
Would it be so hard to write "Did they use the pool on him too?" as a line of dialogue for Kate? You know, what an actual human being would say?
An actual human being who cares about others, that is. Kate doesn't have to care about the why or how, just what it means for her.
Old 03-19-10, 05:15 PM
ATX

Please don't post theories if you have been reading spoilers.

We don't know what Jacob wants/wanted.
um, did Jacob not send Hurley/Jack to a lighthouse so that Widmore could get there?
Old 03-19-10, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by extreme2700
So hot even chicks wanna cop a feel.
Apparently. I had no idea this happened from all the times I watched that episode.
Old 03-19-10, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by ATX
um, did Jacob not send Hurley/Jack to a lighthouse so that Widmore could get there?
He sent them there because someone was coming to the island. We don't know that he was talking about Widmore, but since nobody else has shown up...
Old 03-19-10, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX
^ wasn't Jacob the one who wanted "someone" to come to the island?

& Widdy and them his team wouldn't setup pileons pylons to keep there their friend away

& Widdy probably have has some Dogen blades locked up in that sub room

&
Spoiler:
the sub will be blown up just like last time
wow. I hate to be that guy but I had to read this post three times before it made sense.

<-- asshole!

Now that it's legible, it is possible for Widmore to be working with Smokie and still have a contingency plan, which would explain the pylons. Also, what the hell are Dogen blades?
Old 03-20-10, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

The non-answer IS an answer.

And yeah, now everybody has herpes. Jack, Ana-Lucia, Charlotte, Kate, Sawyer....
what's with you and the herpes?

Originally Posted by mhg83

Yeah, Kris Kristofferson is awesome.

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
wow. I hate to be that guy but I had to read this post three times before it made sense.

<-- asshole!

Now that it's legible, it is possible for Widmore to be working with Smokie and still have a contingency plan, which would explain the pylons. Also, what the hell are Dogen blades?
No, that was great, I needed the laugh.
I can't wait until I'm proofread and corrected that way.
Old 03-20-10, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

<-- asshole!

I assume he's talking about the knife Dogen gave Sawyer to stab Locke with. So, a room full of those "special" blades.
Old 03-20-10, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
what's with you and the herpes?
I made a joke about how Faraday was going to be upset with having to contract herpes to get with his "dream" girl Charlotte now that Sawyer boned her.

No one understood it.

I tried to explain that way back in season one, Sawyer admitted to Jack he had STDs of some kind...and then proceeded to bone about every chick on the show, who went on to pass that along to other members of the show.

Unless there's some giant cache of condoms on this island we haven't seen.
Old 03-20-10, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I made a joke about how Faraday was going to be upset with having to contract herpes to get with his "dream" girl Charlotte now that Sawyer boned her.

No one understood it.

I tried to explain that way back in season one, Sawyer admitted to Jack he had STDs of some kind...and then proceeded to bone about every chick on the show, who went on to pass that along to other members of the show.

Unless there's some giant cache of condoms on this island we haven't seen.
Who said that Sawyer contracted herpes in the alternate time line? Maybe no one understood the joke because it was just a bit meh.....

Last edited by andy434343; 03-20-10 at 04:57 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.