Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Recon" -- 3/16/10

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost -- "Recon" -- 3/16/10

How did Sawyer figure out the Tina Fey look-a-like was conning him? One second they are pushing a boat and she's yammering about meeting her boyfriend in Guam and the next second he's got a gun on her.
Old 03-16-10, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DGibFen
Was I the only one that thought it would have been better if Juliet was the one running away from the cops, not Kate?
No. No, you weren't. Anything other than the completely obvious would be welcome at this point. I mean, seriously, we've been with these characters for 6 years now and they think we're going to be confounded and/or surprised at the revelation that the mysterious hooded character running from the cops is Kate?
Old 03-16-10, 10:41 PM
ATX

Originally Posted by suziq999
How did Sawyer figure out the Tina Fey look-a-like was conning him? One second they are pushing a boat and she's yammering about meeting her boyfriend in Guam and the next second he's got a gun on her.
because the broad was phishing for information... it was obvious to me at least, asking about guns and shit

and calhoun, cmon dude you know damn well she looked hot... gone on with that MASK shit, lol
Old 03-16-10, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boogieman03

I laugh even though I thought she looked hot.
Yeah, I thought she looked much better with makeup.

Has anyone brought up the whole "MiB's mom was crazy / Claire is crazy" thing yet? It made me rember the psychic from season one that was afraid of baby Aaron.
Old 03-16-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by calhoun07
It's not to just get a reaction. It's to show that there was always an overall destiny for these characters, whether they crashed on the island or they never crashed on the island. In that time line they never crashed, but they had a destiny in some way either way and we are seeing how that plays out.
Thats why it's boring. It's like an answer to a question nobody asked.

In any event, the only thing of interest in this weeks alt. story was that James was once again chasing Anthony Cooper. Here's why it;s interesting to me.

1.) In the original timeline James didn't know Cooper was his real name. In the alt, he does.
2.) If it is the same man, probable, Cooper conned James parents but it appears he remained on good terms with Locke.
Old 03-16-10, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by suziq999
Yea, ATX is right on the money. I knew something was up when she started asking so many questions. That plus, I doubt the MiB would have mistakenly left one survivor.
Old 03-16-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot I wanted to add that Jodi Lyn O'Keefe looked DAMN good in the beginning of this episode. Much better than she did on Prison Break.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 03-16-10 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-16-10, 10:50 PM
ATX

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Yeah, I thought she looked much better with makeup.

Has anyone brought up the whole "MiB's mom was crazy / Claire is crazy" thing yet? It made me rember the psychic from season one that was afraid of baby Aaron.
yeah, babies born from the infected turn into black smoke

aaron hasn't turned yet
Old 03-16-10, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Yea, ATX is right on the money. I knew something was up when she started asking so many questions. That plus, I doubt the MiB would have mistakenly left one survivor.
Ok, I just thought the timing was odd. She asked about the guns and then he was asking stuff about her and then pulled out the gun. Maybe so when her back was turned...
Old 03-16-10, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ATX
yeah, babies born from the infected turn into black smoke

aaron hasn't turned yet
Seriously?
Old 03-16-10, 10:58 PM
ATX

something like that

although what i said doesn't coincide

locke was trying to say something or draw some parallel about why he is what he is

still wondering why kate just accepted the dead-locke thing w/ no further question

and i thought claire was faking kate out and was gonna go for kates rifle
Old 03-16-10, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
the flash-sideways stories are starting to resemble fan-fiction. I guess next week we'll see Richard Alpert meet up with, oh, I don't know (pulls a name out of a hat)...Boone.
Exactly. And we're all expected to go "ooooo...BOONE!" At this point I'm more surprised if a character we meet in the alt timeline ISN'T a Lostie. I was genuinely confused when the woman Sawyer was with at the beginning wasn't Anna Lucia or any other random woman we haven't seen in awhile.
Old 03-16-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Surprised nobody mentioned Chip from Kate and Allie !
Old 03-16-10, 11:42 PM

Widmore does a pretty good Picard impression...
Old 03-17-10, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I find it hilarious that Lost is falling victim to the famboyism that it created. There's what, essentially 10 episodes left? (The finale is 2 combined, IIRC) This is essentially an entire season for some TV programs. So how about instead of opining about not knowing all of the secrets and mysteries of the show you take a different approach to the season. How about you just sit back and enjoy the ride. I find it laughable how there are people out there who are claiming this season to be horrible with so many episodes yet to air. How about showing a tad bit of faith?
Old 03-17-10, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Enjoy what ride? The season has been tedium. I'm not even clamoring for answers. I would just like something interesting to happen. Just because you ramp up the music, doesn't make something exciting.

"We're not taking, plane, we're taking the sub." DUNNNNNN..... LOST.

I'm sorry is that supposed to mean something to me? What the fuck do I care which vehicle they take? Why on earth is that even a cliffhanger? I have tolerated this season so far, but this episode was just dull.

I have resolved myself to the fact that they are not going to wow me with any finale. I'm trying to just enjoy these episodes as they are, but that doesn't help any. I'm watching and watching, wondering if anything is going to actually happen before the credits roll. Then the episode ends, and I sit there wondering what the point was.

At least in the first seasons you had a sense of mystery. You learned about these characters, and wondered why these people were chosen. What is this mysterious Dharma corporation? What experiments did they perform? What happened to them?

The characters were interesting. I wanted to learn about them. What are their backgrounds? How did they get on the island? How are they related to each other? Now, I don't care. There's nothing more to learn about them, so now we're learning stuff that may or may not be an alternate reality? I don't fucking CARE. It's not exciting. It's not intriguing.

Maybe after the show is over everything will be wrapped up, and I'll understand why they did what they did. Maybe then I can watch these episodes with new appreciation for what they were doing. But right now it does not work. Sorry to sound like a downer, but as I sit here week after week it becomes more and more apparent that this story couldn't have been the original vision. This is obviously two different stories shoehorned into one show. It feels like a writing exercise.

Throw a bunch of mysterious objects onto an island: pirate ship, check. strange statue, check. temple, check. weird monster, check. strange people running around, check. polar bear, check.

OK writers, GO. Make something out of it. That's what Lost feels like to me now.
Old 03-17-10, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

A filler episode, but at least an enjoyable one, since Sawyer is a far more interesting character than Kate. Loved Locke backhanding Claire, and Charlotte calling Sawyer on his attempt at "poor me" charm.

Originally Posted by William Fuld
How are the public screenings going so far? Anybody gone?
Went to one tonight and it was fun. The promo for next week's episode got cheers and applause, mostly because of what it's about.
Old 03-17-10, 12:33 AM
Banned

Next week's title looks great.
Spoiler:
Ab Aeterno

Which is a Latin phrase that means:
Spoiler:
From the eternal. Literally, "from the everlasting" or "from eternity". Thus, "from time immemorial", "since the beginning of time" or "from an infinitely remote time in the past". In theology, often indicates something, such as the universe, that was created outside of time.
Old 03-17-10, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Enjoy what ride? The season has been tedium. I'm not even clamoring for answers. I would just like something interesting to happen. Just because you ramp up the music, doesn't make something exciting.
That's a valid argument, but I was directing my comments to the people I always hear complaining because these HUGE revelations haven't been revealed already. And I'm not really even talking about just people on this board.
Old 03-17-10, 12:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0

"We're not taking, plane, we're taking the sub." DUNNNNNN..... LOST.

I'm sorry is that supposed to mean something to me? What the fuck do I care which vehicle they take? Why on earth is that even a cliffhanger? I have tolerated this season so far, but this episode was just dull.

I have resolved myself to the fact that they are not going to wow me with any finale. I'm trying to just enjoy these episodes as they are, but that doesn't help any. I'm watching and watching, wondering if anything is going to actually happen before the credits roll. Then the episode ends, and I sit there wondering what the point was.

At least in the first seasons you had a sense of mystery. You learned about these characters, and wondered why these people were chosen. What is this mysterious Dharma corporation? What experiments did they perform? What happened to them?

The characters were interesting. I wanted to learn about them. What are their backgrounds? How did they get on the island? How are they related to each other? Now, I don't care. There's nothing more to learn about them, so now we're learning stuff that may or may not be an alternate reality? I don't fucking CARE. It's not exciting. It's not intriguing.

Maybe after the show is over everything will be wrapped up, and I'll understand why they did what they did. Maybe then I can watch these episodes with new appreciation for what they were doing. But right now it does not work. Sorry to sound like a downer, but as I sit here week after week it becomes more and more apparent that this story couldn't have been the original vision. This is obviously two different stories shoehorned into one show. It feels like a writing exercise.

Throw a bunch of mysterious objects onto an island: pirate ship, check. strange statue, check. temple, check. weird monster, check. strange people running around, check. polar bear, check.

OK writers, GO. Make something out of it. That's what Lost feels like to me now.
Well put. I'm not really enjoying the ride either. I'm just here to see how it ends.
Old 03-17-10, 01:02 AM
Banned

Now that Miles knows the Sawyer back story he can visit Ford's parents' grave site and find out who the real Cooper is (if he has his ability in this version).

Sawyer is playing the game of survivor by trying to pit Widmore and the MiB against each other and making the same deal with both of them. The only problem is if they both know everything that's going on then Sawyer has to pick sides. I'm guessing the MiB will offer up Juliet.
Old 03-17-10, 01:03 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

When did Tina Fey go to Hawaii?
Old 03-17-10, 01:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No matter how lame the episode, seeing Not Locke toss Claire like a midget in a bar made it all worthwhile.
Old 03-17-10, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
No matter how lame the episode, seeing Not Locke toss Claire like a midget in a bar made it all worthwhile.
The only thing that would have made that scene better is for Richard to rush out of the bushes, bug his eyes out, and then head back into the jungle.
Old 03-17-10, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
So it's easier to navigate a sub then fly a plane?
When he said that, I was thinking: "great plan, dumbass."

I wish Sawyer would just die or leave the island already. The character is such a buzzkill and it seems obvious to me that this story with him catching Kate will take up at least one more episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.