DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Lost -- "Dr. Linus" -- 3/9/10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/570564-lost-dr-linus-3-9-10-a.html)

DGibFen 03-09-10 12:31 AM

Lost -- "Dr. Linus" -- 3/9/10

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/g...-ben-linus.jpg

Spoiler:
Ben deals with the consequences of an uncovered lie.

Guest Stars:
Spoiler:
Guest starring are Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Daniel Roebuck as Dr. Leslie Arzt, Jon Gries as Roger Linus, William Atherton as Principal Don Reynolds and Steve Boatright as officer.

Will more questions be answered tonight?!?

Mario Van Peebles (BAADASSSSS!) directs tonight's episode.

Raul3 03-09-10 08:17 AM

Re: Lost -- "Dr. Linus" -- 3/9/10

Can't wait!

Timber 03-09-10 08:29 AM

I wonder who this one is about?

Groucho 03-09-10 08:33 AM

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3049/linus5186481.gif

Raul3 03-09-10 08:39 AM

http://www.hijinxcomics.com/images/linus.jpg

Matthew Ackerly 03-09-10 10:29 AM

Mario Van Peebles?!

Nice.

DVD Josh 03-09-10 10:30 AM

There has been VERY little spoiler talk about these last episodes. I have nothing for tonight.

I do have something from Kristen about the two timelines:

Spoiler:
Matthew in Baltimore: Any ETA on how, when or if the two timelines on Lost will come together?

We can answer the "how" and "if" portion of your question with something Carlton Cuse told us this weekend: "We have two timelines we're exploring simultaneously, and when the audience understands how those two timelines connect, hopefully it will provide a satisfaction that will make you happy and give you what you want but not in the way you want it." As for that tricky "when," he'd only say this: "It's too much of a reveal, but let's say it won't happen until the very end of the show because that's obviously the big question of the season." Basically, plan on seeing lots of island Jack and Jack the Dad in episodes to come.

dvdjunkie32 03-09-10 11:57 AM

I think we are in for another boring filler episode compared to last week. Looks like a lot of time will be given to Sideways Ben.

The good news is a Richard centric episode will be happening this month and finally answer the questions about Richard!

Timber 03-09-10 11:59 AM

It's impossible for there to be a boring episode if it's focusing on Ben.

Pointyskull 03-09-10 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 10040320)
It's impossible for there to be a boring episode if it's focusing on Ben.

:thumbsup:

cracksky 03-09-10 12:37 PM

There's nothing filler about LOST, my friends. Everything has meaning. These flash-sideways are just previews of the ending. So...Dogen must come back to life soon since we saw him with his son there.

I'm guessing the title refers to the experiments in time travel at the Orchid station.

dsa_shea 03-09-10 01:47 PM

Can't wait. Ya no puedo esperar!

maxfisher 03-09-10 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 10040406)
There's nothing filler about LOST, my friends. Everything has meaning. These flash-sideways are just previews of the ending. So...Dogen must come back to life soon since we saw him with his son there.

I'm guessing the title refers to the experiments in time travel at the Orchid station.

Why would they have to bring Dogen back? Regardless of whether the flash-sideways are the end or not, it's clear they take place several years prior to what's going on with the temple on the island. Either the bomb succeeded, but resulted in two possible universes occurring simultaneously or it failed and we'll eventually have someone/something else send the Losties back in time to their original flight.

Michael Corvin 03-09-10 02:35 PM

There's nothing filler about LOST, my friends. Everything has meaning.

Your honor, I'd like to submit the following evidence:

FatTony 03-09-10 02:43 PM

By your reasoning, Boone, Shannon, Locke, Charlie, and presumably others all have to come back to life as well, since they also exist in the flash-sideways timeline.

Meglos 03-09-10 02:49 PM

Don't forget:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2yn09w6.jpg

clappj 03-09-10 02:51 PM

Since he's was drowned in the pool, maybe we'll get "infected" fung fu ass-kickin' Evil Dogen!

cracksky 03-09-10 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by maxfisher (Post 10040587)
Why would they have to bring Dogen back? Regardless of whether the flash-sideways are the end or not, it's clear they take place several years prior to what's going on with the temple on the island. Either the bomb succeeded, but resulted in two possible universes occurring simultaneously or it failed and we'll eventually have someone/something else send the Losties back in time to their original flight.

They don't have to bring back Dogen. The pool will bring him back. I just think since he said when he was brought to the island that he would never see he son again and the MiB has been offering wishes to others who help him (Sayid - woman who died in his arms) and Claire - you'll be with your son) that after he comes back to life he'll make a similar deal with him to see his son again.

All the bomb did was whatever destruction it did in 1977 (we'll see that later). The candidates were sent to 2007 at the instant the bomb is set off because they were no longer needed in that time period. Plus, they probably would've died had they not flashed out of there, so the island (Jacob) saved them.

The MiB/Jacob will send them back to 2004 as per their wishes and they'll live their lives without crashing on the island (which will be underwater by the time they are sent back). So, they will have to escape to somewhere. Maybe the lighthouse. Unless they need to go to a specific place to travel back and then destroy the island. Maybe the donkey wheel.

Originally Posted by FatTony
By your reasoning, Boone, Shannon, Locke, Charlie, and presumably others all have to come back to life as well, since they also exist in the flash-sideways timeline.

These people are not currently alive so they cannot make deals with the MiB to change their lives in anyway. When the island is underwater that's the same as a reset. In fact, that might just send them all back, as the water engulfs the island. All those that died will be back on the plane as we saw but without crashing. Desmond was there because he had no island to sail to.

DthRdrX 03-09-10 07:26 PM

Do you honestly think that the writers would allow the ending of the show to be THAT easy? :)

Jason 03-09-10 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 10040653)

Don't forget:

and

not to mention

whotony 03-09-10 08:01 PM

Umm yeah but, oh that's right never mind.

Sorraffy 03-09-10 08:07 PM

Ben/Miles with the best lines of the night so far

mersaulte 03-09-10 08:15 PM

Literal LOL when Richard jumped out of the bushes.

Sorraffy 03-09-10 08:15 PM

I was hoping we'd see that Richard again!

The Bus 03-09-10 08:33 PM

He spoke too slowly and wasn't crazy-eyed enough.

6/10