Reload this Page >

Lost -- "Dr. Linus" -- 3/9/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Dr. Linus" -- 3/9/10

Old 03-09-10, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost -- "Dr. Linus" -- 3/9/10

Seems to me that maybe people siding with Jacob are able to change their nature on the island AND in the flash sideways (Jack is turning into a man of faith rather than of science, Hurley is lucky rather than unlucky, Ben is turning into a remorseful, kind person and saves Alex) while the people siding with the Fake Locke are unable to change (Sayid still a killer)....

Is next week a Sawyer episode? If so, it will be interesting to see if Sawyer is unable to change.
Old 03-09-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

It's about freakin' time - I finally liked an ep, which is weird that it was this particular ep, because I have never been a fan of Ben's.
Old 03-09-10, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Random thought about Richard...I can see him being a prisoner on the Black Rock, the ship runs aground and/or Richard is a prisoner on it...he thinks he's going to die and Jacob appears to him. Richard basically begs for his life. "Please let me live." Jacob grants him his wish...just not in the way he expected.
Old 03-09-10, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Can someone tell me what show Groucho is watching? Cos it sure ain'tLost.
I know others have pointed it out, but seriously dude, look at who made the post before responding.
Old 03-09-10, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I loved that Ben's little talk with Frank basically flat-out said this show is about fate.

Also I'd like to point out how wrong Michael Corvin was earlier in the thread about Nikki and Paulo being useless. Seems their character arc and purpose in the story was fulfilled tonight. Otherwise, Miles would have let Ben go and that would have been a game-changer.
Old 03-09-10, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I know others have pointed it out, but seriously dude, look at who made the post before responding.
I was trying to be funny but it blew up in my face.
Old 03-09-10, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I was trying to be funny but it blew up in my face.
That's what she said.
Old 03-09-10, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
Seems to me that maybe people siding with Jacob are able to change their nature on the island AND in the flash sideways (Jack is turning into a man of faith rather than of science, Hurley is lucky rather than unlucky, Ben is turning into a remorseful, kind person and saves Alex) while the people siding with the Fake Locke are unable to change (Sayid still a killer)....

Is next week a Sawyer episode? If so, it will be interesting to see if Sawyer is unable to change.
I like it...Kate is kinda sorta with Flocke now too, and we see in her flash sideways that she seems to be a criminal who is on the run just like she was originally.
Old 03-09-10, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Illana gives me the hot.

Loved this episode. Confirmation on Richard, Jack can't be killed.

Seems like when Jacob touches you it's more of a curse. Dogen and his son, Richard and not aging. They're really blurring the lines between the good/evil, black/white thing that they've been setting up.
Old 03-10-10, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc

Good point.

Could be a couple episodes later where some of the island Losties flip sides on Flocke/Jacob and change again in the flash sideways.
Old 03-10-10, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum
Is that principal "dickless" from Ghostbusters?
Yep, that was indeed Walter Peck himself, also notable for being the douchey reporter in Die Hard 1 and 2.
Old 03-10-10, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

at Carlton Cuse's now-seemingly weekly pre-LOST tweet.

A slower ep, but pretty satisfying. Really enjoyed the Black Rock stuff and the "Team Jacob" moments at the end, culminating of course with a cliffhanger that probably won't be addressed til the week after next, in true Lost fashion.
Old 03-10-10, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Miles had some great lines in this one.

Jon Gries...William Atherton...I was hoping for a Real Genius reunion. So close...
Old 03-10-10, 02:42 AM
Cool New Member

So if people Jacob touched can't commit suicide, is it logical to assume that he touched Michael at some point and that is why he couldn't kill himself in "Meet Kevin Johnson"?
Old 03-10-10, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow, that Jacob gift/curse makes a whole bunch of past scenes take a new light.

Locke's attempt at hanging himself failing.
Jack trying to kill himself, resulted in a car crash to draw his attention away.
Libby's sudden appearance to stop Hurley from killing himself.
Walt appearing to Locke when he was going to kill himself.
Old 03-10-10, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett

Jack trying to kill himself, resulted in a car crash to draw his attention away.
The Walt appearance could have just as easily been Smokey. The end result would be the same though.
Old 03-10-10, 05:12 AM
ATX

Yep, that was indeed Walter Peck himself, also notable for being the douchey reporter in Die Hard 1 and 2.
thanks, was trying to figure out where i seen that guy before

and i also have to say the Niki/Paulo eps was pretty good, and LOST took care of them properly. (nice shoutout to them by Miles...)

i also agree that that thailand tatoo eps was easily one of the worst

i also think that LOST has been going out there way to spell out the Richard/Black Rock connection... If people are only 'getting it' now then they haven't been paying attention

nice, sideways Ben... they showed how power driven he could be, but then they showed a caring side and this time he *saved* Alex. Clean Alex looks cute, wonder what cleaned up moms looks like? ... and wow, island Ben has made a complete transformation to "good guy", will he stay this way when Wid arrives? I guess they are on the same team now...

Ilana can get it!

Did Arzt gain bout 80 more lbs.?

Didn't Lockesmoke contradict himself... He told Sawyer that the island doesn't need protecting ... but didn't he tell Ben last nite that he wants him there to protect the island??
Old 03-10-10, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Smoke monster did get caught in a lie. He tells Sawyer the island doesn't need protecting and then turns around and tells Ben the island needs a protector.

Alex was looking hot also. I'd be her daddy.
Old 03-10-10, 05:59 AM

"You spoke to Jacob? What ever he says, don't believe him." - Richard
I think that this is because the whole time anyone has been on the island thinking they have been talking to Jacob or doing what he wants they have been talking/doing stuff that MIB/Smokey wanted. I have a feeling this is going to come to light that Richard and Ben both thought they were doing the work of Jacob, but it was really what the MIB wanted them to do. I don't think after what has happened Richard thinks Hurley has been speaking to Jacob but he thinks MIB is tricking him.
"I sacrificed my daughter and he didn't even care" - Ben
Again I don't think this isn't what Jacob wanted and didn't have a hand in it. I think like I stated above that the whole time he's been on the island he's been tricked by the MIB into doing what the MIB though was best for the island and it wasn't Jacob's doing. Listen to what fake Locke told him near the end again. For the MIB this is all part of his game for whatever he wants, which I guess is to leave the island.
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Smoke monster did get caught in a lie. He tells Sawyer the island doesn't need protecting and then turns around and tells Ben the island needs a protector.
Well of course he lied. He got Sawyer on his side easy by saying that all he wants is to get off the island just like Sawyer. All he had to say to Ben, but it didn't work, was that your the protector of the island and it's yours. But I think now Ben knows that the island isn't his nor is he in line to be the next Jacob.

Last edited by DonTHX1378; 03-10-10 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-10-10, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Best episode this season. A good actor driven episode beats out action.
Old 03-10-10, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

I think the interplay between the principal and Ben made perfect sense. A couple people bitched that Ben should've just said, 'No, you're going to write the letter AND resign!' Why would the principal go along with that? He didn't do anything illegal, so the only real concern is his job. If he knows he's losing his job either way, he might as well resign and write the nasty letter. What's Ben going to do? Call up the admission board at Yale and try to explain the poor recommendation letter was from an alumni that was banging someone at the school where he worked? The only thing that was surprising was that Ben didn't go back on his word after Alex had gotten the good recommendation.
Old 03-10-10, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was confused by Ben's dad discussion about the Island. He said they left the Island voluntarily - I am assuming sometime before Jughead blew up. Unless Sideway Land is not a result of the Island being blown up.
Old 03-10-10, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
HOLY SHIT!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT! THIS CHANGES everything.
0/5

Originally Posted by celmendo
I have to eat my words after ragging on the season last week. This may have been a simpler episode but it was hands down the best of the season so far. It's the first one that brought back an interest in the characters.
I do find myself caring more about the sideways story than the island now.

Originally Posted by GenPion
This represents Lost's filler. Really... I'd pretty much say this is it's filler in totality.

To those who say Nikki and Paulo: I hated Nikki and Paulo but they did have a great episode that tied together all their characters moments on the show (like when they turned the horrid bathroom scene from 'The Cost of Living' into something interesting) and it was with their send-off episode that I realized exactly how passionate the writers are about keeping their fans happy, and how far they would be willing to go to make that happiness happen. 'Expose' is easily one of my favorite episodes of the series for this.
I loved Expose as well as Nikki & Paulo myself, but you're fooling yourself if you don't consider it filler.

Originally Posted by pinata242
Also I'd like to point out how wrong Michael Corvin was earlier in the thread about Nikki and Paulo being useless. Seems their character arc and purpose in the story was fulfilled tonight. Otherwise, Miles would have let Ben go and that would have been a game-changer.
O-kay.
Old 03-10-10, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by chanster
I was confused by Ben's dad discussion about the Island. He said they left the Island voluntarily - I am assuming sometime before Jughead blew up. Unless Sideway Land is not a result of the Island being blown up.

Not so sure that is anymore

at some point this season i think they might show us what happened after the bomb went off on the island, cause remember Richard said he saw them all die

Last edited by redrum; 03-10-10 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-10-10, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jacob touched Hurley after that incident.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.