Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Love #43 "End of Days" 3/7/10 - SEASON FINALE

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts
Big Love #43 "End of Days" 3/7/10 - SEASON FINALE

I guess we take it to the election and see where the Marylin storyline goes. Can't wait for this one -- well, I guess I'll wait until after the Oscars. One of the few times it's good to be on the Western Time Zone, TV-wise.

<object width="320" height="240"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayer.swf?vid=1082325"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Ep. 43: End of Days - Preview"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayer.swf?vid=1082325" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Ep. 43: End of Days - Preview" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="240"></embed></object>
Old 03-08-10, 12:11 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Big Love #43 "End of Days" 3/7/10 - SEASON FINALE

What a disappointment Barb turned out to be. I was ready to stand-up and applaud when she told him she's needed him the last 20 years, but she didn't need him anymore. Then wimps out and stands next to him at the end. Probably not the best time to go public a day after a group with close ties to Juniper Creek is indicted on incest charges.

So the big thing with Kansas was JJ was harvesting eggs implanting them after they've been fertilized with his sperm? That whole story seemed like a waste of time.

I got a laugh from Bill basically making him self out to be the next Brigham Young.
Old 03-08-10, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was more interested in the last 10 minutes of this episode as I have been the entire season. Now that something interesting happens, the season ends.
Old 03-08-10, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Great episode. I heard it'll be January 2011 at the earliest for next season.
Old 03-08-10, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

That's a long ass wait just to get a short season. I hope they can bring us more eps next time around.
Old 03-08-10, 01:14 AM

I thought that episode delivered big time, though booting Tommy and Jerry offscreen was pretty frustrating and unsatisfying. Other than that, I thought it really worked and that JJ storyline totally makes sense about why Wanda was so upset and worried, yet nobody here caught on to it exactly. Still don't know about JJ's fingernails or his wife's cancer, unless they were also the result of inbreeding. I was totally ready for the Margene/Ana/Goran threesome scene -- maybe next time.

Overall, I wasn't crazy about this season, but lord knows the next one could be epic.

By the way, is there any way on earth that a newly elected State Senetor makes that speech to reporters on the courthouse steps and nobody asks a question?

Last edited by Decker; 03-08-10 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-08-10, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me, the whole season was way overdone. But, when Adeline burned JJ alive, that's when I remembered why I like the show so much. It's camp and it's fun.
Old 03-08-10, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Overall not a great season, but I thought the season finale was pretty good... I think the end shot of them holding hands will be the last we see them all together, which is a shame to me because I think the show fails if the one or more of the sister-wives leaves. I do have to say that the whole Margene-Anna-Goran "threesome" idea is about as bad as the Ben-Margene idea so Im not looking forward to that at all.
Old 03-08-10, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I like what they've done with Nikki this season. Short of that it's been ok. I'm not in a "can't wait" mode until next season.
Old 03-08-10, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
That's a long ass wait just to get a short season. I hope they can bring us more eps next time around.
I'm sure they will. This one was short because HBO wanted it to be over by the time The Pacific starts.
Old 03-08-10, 11:11 AM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

To me this episode was a mixed opportunity. It was perfectly set up for both Margene and ESPECIALLY Barb to walk out at the end and leave Bill on the stage alone with Bill. That would have been a good ending and great start for next year. As it was it was a cop out and a disappointment. I think the writers still deep down view Bill as a "hero" but to me he is as evil as Roman was in many ways.
Old 03-08-10, 11:37 AM

Wait....there was certainly more to the JJ storyline. When Bill walked up to JJ's looking for Adeline, JJ was telling the little boy that they would someday have all the houses and things they wanted. They only had to pull the dead people out of the houses and everything would be theirs. Sounded like the chem/bio weapon idea was a good guess and makes it hard to believe JJ is really dead.
Old 03-08-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber
I like what they've done with Nikki this season.
I thought she looked stunning in the last scene. I never found her attractive before.
Old 03-08-10, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I thought she looked stunning in the last scene. I never found her attractive before.
I know huh? Plain Jane Nikki is played by an actress who's sexy and beautiful. They've had Chloe all "Compound Hot" all these seasons so when Nikki decides to get hot, Chloe shines.
Old 03-08-10, 05:03 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Good season, my only negative on the finale was Alby, they didn't really do anything with him - aside from having him cut his wife with a blade.

and I was never so happy to see someone go up in flames as JJ and his piece of work wife.

that was some bad shit JJ was doing harvesting the eggs, and then implanting them - Fuck.
Old 03-08-10, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by chess1972
Wait....there was certainly more to the JJ storyline. When Bill walked up to JJ's looking for Adeline, JJ was telling the little boy that they would someday have all the houses and things they wanted. They only had to pull the dead people out of the houses and everything would be theirs. Sounded like the chem/bio weapon idea was a good guess and makes it hard to believe JJ is really dead.
I backed that scene up. He starts by telling him "At the End Of Days...". That's religious bullshit, not terrorist bullshit.
Old 03-08-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Good episode.

I also got the threesome feel with Margene, Anna and Goran. Don't know if that'll lead somewhere, but I hope it doesn't unless we can see Margene butt-naked somehow.

I don't think J.J. and baldy are dead. Somehow we'll see that they escaped the fire next season.

Great to see Nikki dolled up modern-style.

The new opening for the show this season and the eerie music certainly warned us of the impending shit-storm that was going to hit us. We've just witnessed the turning point of the show - they were hiding for 4 seasons (minus 5 minutes) who they were, and now everyone knows. I guess it'd be similar (to some degree) as Dexter finally being found out as a serial killer. I suspect this will be the last season - but ya never know.
Old 03-08-10, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
It's crazy what a good haircut can do.

Old 03-08-10, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I've always thought Chloe was attractive. True, the compound getup was less than ideal for her, but she had the occasional scene where it was very apparent, including in the last few episodes.

I thought it was a pretty good finale. It seemed longer than the 58 minutes it ran, but in a good way. They really seemed to pack it in.

I was disappointed with the treatment of Jerry and Tommy, or should I say Tom and Jerry? I'd be surprised not to see them next season.

It was also good to see Don back, if only to briefly make Bill feel like a piece of shit.

Bill was a complete idiot when he went to Marilyn and spilled his guts. I LOL'd when she called him her Piñata. "Every time I give you a whack, more goodies fall out."

I liked the music choices in this episode too! Particularly Peter Gabriel doing a cover of Heroes, and Vince Guaraldi's Cast Your Fate to the Wind when Adaleen was knocking out the bald woman.

Last edited by andicus; 03-08-10 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-09-10, 01:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
It's crazy what a good haircut can do.

That pic really doesn't do much to back up your point. She looks like crap there. But in motion she did look great.
Old 03-09-10, 01:53 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Still don't know about JJ's fingernails or his wife's cancer, unless they were also the result of inbreeding.?
I don't think there was actual cousin banging inbreeding going on in Kansas. They mentioned that the genetic markers were in children. I'm guessing that was from JJ's fertilization plan.
Old 03-09-10, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really liked the JJ twist with the his whole inbreeding BS. As if the relationships around those places aren't already messed up enough...good lord.

Outside of that, this season is still almost a complete wash for me. IMO, almost everything that happened this season was horribly retarded. I think it's even more of a disappointment because of how high of a regard I had for the first 3 seasons. One of the busiest shows on television and all of it firing on all cylinders. I guess it was inevitable. I just hope they can get back on track for next season.

However, credit to them for having Bill actually come forward. As dumb as the entire thing is, I was fully expecting them to have him chicken out in the face of adversity. So that was nice that they followed through with it at least.

Although Nikki telling Margene that she didn't want to have her big headed babies was fucking hilarious.
Old 03-09-10, 04:37 AM

I suppose I'm in the minority, as I really liked the entire season. Great finale too. I loved the final scene.

I want to see Ana and Goran gone. Hopefully we don't get the hinted at new family with them and Margene.

I think Chloë is gorgeous and the compound garb doesn't make her any less so.

Can't wait until next season. It definitely needs to have more episodes than this one did. I actually want the family to stay together, though I could bare seeing Barb part ways more than the other two.
Old 03-09-10, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Horrible season. I hope it doesn't return for another season just so I'm not tempted to watch more stupid shit happen on a once great show.
Old 03-09-10, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been a Chloe fan since she appeared in KIDS. She's simply gorgeous.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.