Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office -- "The Delivery" -- 1 hour episode -- 03/04/10

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-10, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Office -- "The Delivery" -- 1 hour episode -- 03/04/10

No mention of Walter Jr. from you guys? Hilarious stuff. Incredible episode overall. Too many funny parts to name.

Another one I really liked was Michael parking the car and the EMTs trying to stop him, to which he replies: "it's okay, Dunder Mifflin." Lmao. And then he just chucks the keys. Hilarious.
Old 03-06-10, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riley_dude
The original Office had it right when only doing two years. This show is really starting to get stale, even with the baby thing.
I wouldn't say I am obessing about everything. The show is just getting a a bit old.
I searched your posting history for "The Office," and you know, you were bitching back during the 2006-07 season about how the show was getting old and should have ended its run early the way the British version did. The vast majority, if not all, of your posts after 2007 have been negative.

Why you keep watching a show you don't like is beyond me. And I don't see how posting about it week in and week out is anything more than thread crapping at this point.
Old 03-06-10, 09:28 AM

"Stick spicy food up Pam's Butt" - Kevin

That one had me rolling and had to rewind a few times to see Jim's "NO, NO, No way!"

I thought Pam waiting was a bit riduculous - but they played it off as her being scared to go, which for the first time is somewhat understandable. At least they didn't play it like most TV "going to have a baby" moments where the mother says "OMG, It's time!" and they run to the hospital - which just isn't the way it works - it's generally a graudual thing, and if you go too soon, they will just send you home.

That being said, with all the baby books they were reading, they certainly should have known that once the water breaks, you pretty much have to go to the hospital right away, or you are putting the baby in danger.

All in all, I thought it was a good ep!
Old 03-06-10, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Doug Heffernan
That being said, with all the baby books they were reading, they certainly should have known that once the water breaks, you pretty much have to go to the hospital right away, or you are putting the baby in danger.
That was the only thing that seemed odd. We were told that on many occasions, even though we had to schedule a c-section for medical reasons.
Old 03-06-10, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

The original Office had it right when only doing two years. This show is really starting to get stale, even with the baby thing.
No US network would ever finance the production of a sitcom that was intended to produce (let's say) less than 25 episodes.
Old 03-06-10, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by the big train
So they don't honor the promise to name the child Sylvia (or Sylvio) and proceed to name her... Cecilia.
The baby's name was actress Jenna Fischer's idea.
Old 03-06-10, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kory
No mention of Walter Jr. from you guys? Hilarious stuff. Incredible episode overall. Too many funny parts to name.

Another one I really liked was Michael parking the car and the EMTs trying to stop him, to which he replies: "it's okay, Dunder Mifflin." Lmao. And then he just chucks the keys. Hilarious.
That scene ventured into Michael being just a clueless and driving the car into the lake 'cause the GPS told him to territory.
Old 03-06-10, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Heffernan
"Stick spicy food up Pam's Butt" - Kevin

That one had me rolling and had to rewind a few times to see Jim's "NO, NO, No way!"

All in all, I thought it was a good ep!

That part was classic Office. This was a fantastic episode -- and here I was expecting the worst.
Old 03-06-10, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Loved the episode, both my wife and I are loving this whole season.

We just had our first baby last year and the ease in which Michael just walked into deliveries and random hospital corners was hilarious. In the delivery/recovery wing, if you didn't have a very identifiable bracelet on, the second you went ANYWHERE alarms would sound. Entrance doors could only opened by hospital employees and there were two armed guards on the floor at all times. If Michael ever barged through the door and walked into a delivery room I'm pretty sure he would have been tasered .
Old 03-06-10, 10:06 PM

I also loved Kevin talking about him and pam getting hungry at the same time, for second breakfast, early lunch, early dinner. and he is onto the twilight cookbook.
Old 03-06-10, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Didn't care for the reveal that Jim has shitty taste in music.
Old 03-07-10, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
everybody with long hair looks like Dave Mustaine to me
I saw Dave Mustaine at the Phoenix airport a couple weeks ago
Old 03-07-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Really good episode.

It was touched on earlier, but the 2 best episodes of The Office in the last 2 years have both been hour long Jim/Pam episodes. And I can't stand Jim/Pam anymore, so what's up with that? Ha ha.

Anyway, really funny episode and I'm one that's been bitching up a storm about how much The Office has gone downhill lately, but if I remember correctly the couple previous episodes (taking away the clip show) have been much better in my opinion and this one was gold. Maybe it really has taken a turn in the right direction.

I know that many people on this board don't agree that it's gone downhill and still think it's just as good as the first couple seasons. I'm not trying to change anybody's opinion on that. I just know that, for ME, the first 3 seasons were far superior, but lately the show has definitely gotten better in my eyes and I'm actually enjoying it again.
Old 03-07-10, 12:38 PM
Banned

I just hope we don't see the baby and Pam and Jim in the kitchen numerous times before the end of this season. Or anywhere in the home
Old 03-08-10, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

I find it funny that many people thought Pam waiting as long as possible to go to the hospital was unrealistic (something that could easily happen), but thought nothing strange of Michael going into the delivery room (would never happen these days) or a male lactation consultant.

Dwight was by far the best part of this episode though. I about lost it when he got out of their bed with no pants only to put the picture of Pam and Jim right side up.
Old 03-08-10, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drav3n
fantastic episode! did anyone notice when dwight got pulled over the cop mentioned something like "you cant impersonate the police, dwight?"
I was just going to mention that. The cop right away knowing Dwight's name was classic!

I called the "wrong baby" gag as soon as they picked up the kid, but it was still funny.
Old 03-08-10, 12:28 PM

Didn't Andy say something when talking about the date that he was waiting for the STARS to align literally then making reference to getting a telescope or something to look at THE MOON? Those small things are really funny about this show.
Old 03-08-10, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Miami Joe
Didn't Andy say something when talking about the date that he was waiting for the STARS to align literally then making reference to getting a telescope or something to look at THE MOON? Those small things are really funny about this show.
He said he has a very small skylight so he implied he wants to wait until the moon is visible in his bedroom, you know, for romance. I thought that was pretty damn funny.

Last edited by Matt925; 03-08-10 at 12:45 PM.