Psych -- "Think Tank" -- 2/24/2010

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-24-10, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoiler:
Shawn and Gus are thrilled when they're asked to join an elite security company, but the team to which they are assigned are not quite as thrilled with their unconventional techniques and the affect it has on their latest assignment: preventing the assassination of a billionaire executive.
Old 02-25-10, 03:08 PM

Re: Psych -- "Think Tank" -- 2/24/2010

Great episode. One of my favorites this year....had a lot to do with Corbin Bernsen being involved. Why the FUCK did the writers not have him take the job as Shawn's supervisor?! That would give him the perfect vehicle to do what he does best and have a reason for him to be more involved in this show, which is what is most lacking, in my opinion.
Old 02-25-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Although I laughed a lot, I hated Shawn in this ep. He's usually stupid funny but here he was just plain stupid. That and how much the case felt like an afterthought nearly ruined the episode for me.

The dad should've taken the job as they really need to tone Shawn down.
Old 02-25-10, 04:34 PM

I'm thinking maybe they'll have Shawn's dad take the job at the end of the season for some reason. It would be weird for them to have that scene at the end last night if nothing will come of it.

And I agree RocShemp. The episode was funny and I like Shawn but sometimes, like this episode, he gets too annoying. It's better when he's making clever jokes instead of constantly annoying everyone when they're doing something important.
Old 02-25-10, 06:13 PM

Maybe...hopefully...that is the point. That Shawn is becoming more annoying than clever and Henry will have to reel him in.

The end was a huge let-down, because I was watching it thinking, "Holy shit, that's EXACTLY what they need to do on this show!" and then they pull the rug out and tell me they're only filling space to the end of the episode?! WTF. I hope they bring him on.
Old 02-25-10, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
Although I laughed a lot, I hated Shawn in this ep. He's usually stupid funny but here he was just plain stupid. That and how much the case felt like an afterthought nearly ruined the episode for me.
This. I couldn't escape this feeling all episode. I was praying Gus would just slap him he was so bad.

That story arc (mentioned above) where Henry would have to rein him in makes a lot of sense, but I don't know that I can stand too many more episodes with Shawn at his annoying best.
Old 02-25-10, 08:08 PM

Going by that above pic, Shawn has gotten really fat
Old 02-26-10, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked how Willard spouted off a couple of Shawn's fake names for Gus, and how Gus pointed out that one was used on a secure military base with no one else around.

Shawn was definitely too annoying this week. Instead of being clever, he was like a child.

I hope we don't get too much of Henry. Especially as Shawn's boss.
Old 02-26-10, 01:35 AM

Wow, I am glad I wasn't the only one who thought that Shawn was very annoying in this episode. They really do need to scale him back.
Old 02-26-10, 11:31 AM

Yea. There's definitely something "off" with the writing lately. It's weird how they showed him in the beginning of the episode missing an important, obscure detail. Obscure details is his only strong suit. Without that, it looks like he's just randomly throwing darts to see what sticks.

I hope we see more of Corbin's character. He's been a little light this season, and Shawn's character really needs some grounding. I think that last scene is just a setup. They spent to much time in this episode setting that up. He'll end up taking that position.
Old 02-27-10, 01:38 PM

I'm so glad I'm not alone in thinking that Shawn was very annoying in this episode, and it's kind of turning me off. When he wasn't being annoying, the situations seemed really awkward. Gus is supposed to be Shawn's partner, and I wish the writers would allow him to take part in solving the crimes more. He's obviously very intelligent, but most of the time he seems taken aback by Shawn's revelations just like everyone else.

Did anyone else notice that one of Gus' eyes was white and the other was yellow?