Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 2/18/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home?
Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
0%
James Clement (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
0%
Cirie Fields (Panama, Fans vs. Favorites)
50.00%
Amanda Kimmel (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
0%
Stephenie LaGrossa (Palau, Guatemala)
6.25%
JT Thomas (Tocantins)
0%
Tom Westman (Palau)
0%
Candice Woodcock (Cook Islands)
0%
Tyson Apostol (Tocantins)
0%
Randy Bailey (Gabon)
12.50%
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
12.50%
Danielle DiLorenzo (Panama)
0%
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
0%
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
0%
Boston Rob Mariano (Marquesas, All-Stars)
12.50%
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
6.25%
Benjamin "Coach" Wade (Tocantins)
0%
Courtney Yates (China)
0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 2/18/10

Old 02-19-10, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - 2/18/10

James is a big baby. The heroes suck at puzzles. It's all Stephanie's fault that they couldn't solve the puzzle faster than the villians ?
Stephanie is the strongest woman on both teams. They should have gotten rid of Cirie last week, she is a troublemaker. I hope JT smartens up and gets in an alliance with Tom and Colby rather than Cirie and James.
Old 02-19-10, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cirie is working her magic again. For the third time now, she's managed to navigate around the drama, find an opening, and create an alliance in the cracks of a dysfunctional tribe. I love watching her work. She should be considered on of the best "social" players in Survivor history.
Old 02-19-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley View Post
Cirie is working her magic again. For the third time now, she's managed to navigate around the drama, find an opening, and create an alliance in the cracks of a dysfunctional tribe. I love watching her work. She should be considered on of the best "social" players in Survivor history.
I agree. For as much hate as Cirie seems to be getting around her she is a great "social player" and perhaps one of the best ever. She does nothing particularly well in challenges but she had a great ability to pick the right alliance and not get any blood on her hands.
Old 02-19-10, 09:48 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This season is really showing that a lot of what determines whether someone is a hero or a villain is perception and who they were originally paired with. The heroes are looking like the bad guys now. Boston Rob is the biggest hero out there. Even after the fainting episode he went in the challenge and lifted a box by himself with teammates just looking on. Loved his passion and respect for the game.
Old 02-19-10, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

watch the heroes go on a 10 week roll now that stephanie is gone.. she is a great individual competitor.. and I hate to see her go...but man, james was onto something she might just be bad luck to have on your team....
Old 02-19-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
but man, james was onto something she might just be bad luck to have on your team....
I must have missed that. James said something about Stephanie being bad luck?
Old 02-19-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm also in the minority that thinks James was right. I admire Stepanie's toughness, but she may have cost the Heros a win. When I watch the shows now I consider the editing. The edit hints that they had the puzzle right until Stephanie's loud commands convinced the tribe to make changes. It's one thing to be tough, loud, and correct. It's another to be tough, loud, and wrong.

Hunger is definately effecting emotions. Big muscles need big food. They are the exact number of days in where starvation rears it's ugly head.

Last edited by parrotheads4; 02-19-10 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-19-10, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

JT looked like a dear in headlights so I am not buying James or Amanda trying to pin the challenge loss on her. James and Amanda were notoriusly cliquish players in Micronesia and China who always saw things through the prism of who is alligned with them or not.

If anyone was really basing their vote off challenge issues wouldn't the injured Rupert no questions asked be their biggest liability? After that Cirie would likely be the 2nd biggest liability as she would little help if they have an endurance or speed based challenges.
Old 02-19-10, 12:36 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

You have to love Boston Rob - he really is a phenomenal player, and seems like a good guy as well

I laughed at his diagnosis of crybabyitis! He's a funny fella. And it's easy to see why everyone loves him.
Old 02-19-10, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

YEah, during All-stars, I hated Boston Rob. I wished for his death every time he was on the screen. After I watched his 2 seasons of the Amazing Race and just started really digging the guy and now he's definitely at the top of my wish list to win. Russell is going to be a force though. Loved that scene of Russell getting nervous of Rob's Clam and then grabbing a spear and bringing back a chicken.
Old 02-19-10, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy View Post
You have to love Boston Rob - he really is a phenomenal player, and seems like a good guy as well

I laughed at his diagnosis of crybabyitis! He's a funny fella. And it's easy to see why everyone loves him.
I laughed out loud as well. He's definitely my favorite this season. The villians would be a chore to watch if not for him!
Old 02-19-10, 02:41 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I couldn't understand why people were questioning Rob's plans for the shelter. Did they not see the one he built in All-Stars? That thing was so solid it could have passed most state's building codes.
Old 02-19-10, 03:09 PM

Always looking for this myself in here, so I thought I'd share

Jeff: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/19/je...ins-episode-2/
dalton: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20345587,00.html
Old 02-19-10, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I couldn't understand why people were questioning Rob's plans for the shelter. Did they not see the one he built in All-Stars? That thing was so solid it could have passed most state's building codes.
Yeah, I thought it was funny that the villains all seemed to be complaining and not listening to Rob. Before he was a reality star, he was in construction! He's the ONLY person I'd listen to on the shelter.
Old 02-19-10, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by magi View Post
Always looking for this myself in here, so I thought I'd share

Jeff: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/19/je...ins-episode-2/
dalton: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20345587,00.html
These are both excellent. Another DVDTalker introduced me to Allen Sepinwall, who is also worth reading his takes on Survivor and other shows as well: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/i...all/index.html
Old 02-19-10, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
I must have missed that. James said something about Stephanie being bad luck?
Assuming that you're not being sarcastic, Gravedigger did call her 'Kryptonite', and I think he actually used the word "jinx" at one point (although that might have been Stephanie herself saying she was afraid she was being perceived as a jinx).

Can't believe that I'm actually enjoying Rob this season. I didn't like him either of the previous two seasons, and I guess I have an aversion to anyone who has now been on reality shows for FIVE seasons. There's no player I want to see that much. And I had to laugh when he somewhat accurately described his reality show appearances as "his life".

Still, he makes the rest of his tribe look like a bunch of losers. Sadly, that will probably get him removed as a major threat as soon as he's expendable.

James is a big dummy. He's toast as soon as a merge happens, if not before.

It looked as if Parvati got clocked by the box being manhandled by Russell. I was waiting to see if she had a big contusion afterward.

Don't understand Rupert's toe being an issue in the challenge. He could have hobbled down to the boxes, since they had to 'walk' them back up. They could have used his lifting ability, and his 'hurry up' exhortations from the sidelines didn't exactly help.

Last edited by creekdipper; 02-19-10 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-19-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
Don't understand Rupert's toe being an issue in the challenge. He could have hobbled down to the boxes, since they had to 'walk' them back up. They could have used his lifting ability, and his 'hurry up' exhortations from the sidelines didn't exactly help.
And who better to be the "one voice" than someone with a bellow like Rupert's. He even roar at them if they're not listening well enough.
Old 02-19-10, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
It wasn't so much that the toe was an issue, but the fact that they had to sit a guy out for even numbers. The challenge was designed to be competed by an even number of people. That's why the "Villains" had to sit out two people to even the teams. With his busted toe, Rupert certainly makes more sense to sit out than Tom, JT, Colby, and James.
Old 02-19-10, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,414 Likes on 1,016 Posts

James did come off looking like a big dick last night, though I'm not really sure what went down between those two. Seemed like it was more than just losing the challenge.

Agreed about Rob; he was an asshole during All-Stars, but now he's like the only one there who has his shit together. Even counting his nervous breakdown!

One problem that I think the "Heroes" might have is that they have five alpha males on the team. Rupert's like this big hippie mountain man, James is a muscle-bound manual laborer, JT and Colby are jocks, and Tom's a fireman. It might be that no one wants to back down from anyone else, so there's really no leadership structure. That, and they suck at the puzzles -- they've blown two leads on things I was doing in pre-school.

But then, you look at the "Villains," and Rob is really the only Alpha guy there. Russell isn't going to assume a leadership position since he's working everyone behind the scenes, Coach is too goofy to be taken seriously as a leader, and Randy and Tyson just stand around with stupid looks on their faces.

That said, I expect Russell's take-down of Rob to be epic. I doubt he'll do it quickly, he'll probably keep Rob on his side and go after people like Randy and Coach first, then go in for the kill the first chance he gets.
Old 02-20-10, 02:23 AM

I used to hate Boston Rob, but that dude was born to be on reality shows.

The entire Villains tribe seems to have a crush on this guy so he must be doing something right.

I still don't get how the hell the Cirie manages to stay so long in the game. She sucks at challenges, doesn't seem to have the best social skills, yet people are going to her because she's the key vote for alliances???
Old 02-20-10, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,453 Posts

Just caught this tonight and I laughed so hard in quite a few parts.

Boston Rob absolute comedy. It sucked that he collapsed to dehydration....I was getting worried for a 2nd, but his little teary-eyed act was absolute comedy. I know it wasn't intended to come across as that, but even Jeff Probst was laughing at it.

I lost alot of respect for James. He just came across as angry and bruttish in this episode and I thought telling Steph to "Shut your mouth" was over the top.
Old 02-20-10, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk God

What crack are they smoking thinking that Amanda is the weakest? The girl is 5 foot 11 inches for Christ's sake....and she has a very athletic body. Now Cirie should shut her mouth for making that assinine comment. She isn't the epitome of fitness.

I've always liked Steph, but I guess the 3rd time wasn't the charm for her.
Old 02-20-10, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Boston Rob: "I feel like it's getting the best of me."

Old 02-20-10, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 123 Likes on 72 Posts

It was actually cool to see just how much love and respect Rob has for the game itself. I, also, used to hate the guy (well, screw it, he's a damn Sox fan), but now he's about the best reason to watch Survivor.

And seriously, Amanda? Damn.

(Yeah, I know it's from a past season. So?)
Old 02-20-10, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

goddamn she is smoking hot in that pic.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.