Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - Season Premiere, 2/11/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will win this season of Survivor?
A Hero
36.67%
A Villain
63.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - Season Premiere, 2/11/10

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-10, 11:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - Season Premiere, 2/11/10

Originally Posted by dino88
That was actually Courtney. Sugar and Stephanie are (were) on the same team.
Ah, right. Still, I wonder if that contributed to it happening.
Old 02-11-10, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Danielle and Candice really have no business being on the show
My thoughts exactly.

Love the first episode. They should really release the uncensored version of Survivor. So many boob and crotch shots.

Coach with the man-crush on Rob.

Steph is one tough girl. I would probably cry like a baby.
Old 02-11-10, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Maxflier

Stephenie is my all time favorite Survivor (which is why I took her in our pool), she is so damn tough as evidenced by the shoulder separation and I really hope she wins this time. And of course she is incredibly hot too, especially "on the island"
She, and nine other from the show, did the top 10 on Letterman last night and Steph finally managed to figure how to look good off the island as well. Her hair was straight and she looked quite hot.
Old 02-11-10, 11:29 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Well, I got a bag of bad Sugar for $2.
Old 02-12-10, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yau...I don't know.

Danielle and Candice really have no business being on the show, and I'm struggling to figure out why Candice is a "hero". Her only really famous move was a complete and total betrayal, but at least it led to the greatest underdog team in the history of Survivor.
Danielle finished in 2nd place and was behind a lot of great moves in Panama(Getting a player out with only 3 of 7 votes at F12) but obviously her and the winner of the season Aras were forgetten pretty soon after the show aired because the editing of the game revolved around Terry and Cirie as the stars with Shane and Courtney as zany side charecters. Danielle is largely just victim to how the show is edited the last 4-5 years .

Candice was a "hero" probably for the same reasons Sandra was a "villian" to prevent Candice/Parvati teaming up and to prevent Sandra/Rupert from teaming up early.
Old 02-12-10, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Just finished watching the first episode. Enjoyed it.

at Sugar as she went to vote and it took her an extra few seconds to figure out how the pen worked.
Old 02-12-10, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

For some of these people, this is the third go-around on the show. Couldn't they find anyone "fresh" to invite? I am SO over the Jerri/Colby thing...
Old 02-12-10, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

James making fun of Amanda at TC was pretty funny.
Old 02-12-10, 01:09 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Amanda has an amazing body, but for me Candice is hands down the best looking woman on the show.

Great start..

I love Boston Rob, how can you not, the guy has so much charisma and charm. And I loved how he got the fire going when everyone was saying lets not waste time.

Coach is great, glad he's back, and Coach compared with Russell? I'd have coach all day long every day.

James is a machine, the guy is great, and seems to be a nice guy.
I could also do without Russell. he's whiny and annoying.

JT I think will do well, and these players have played enough to be able to see that Russell is not to be trusted.

Glad sugar is gone as she annoyed me more in this ep than she did in her season.
Old 02-12-10, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Loved Sugar's topless touchdown. Bouncing titties and two middle fingers.

Coach is awesome. He's like a real-life Kramer.

Major props to Rob for starting a fire. They might as well try; it's not like they have anything else to do.

If I was in camp the night Sugar was all over Colby, I probably would've yelled "Hey, Colby, let her give you a blowjob so she'll stop talking for about fifteen minutes."

Sorry to see Sugar go; Tom's right, they should have ditched Cirie. The only thing she's good at is scheming.
Old 02-12-10, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Yau...I don't know.
I sort of remember reading that they wanted him back, but he declined because he didn't feel up to it.
Old 02-12-10, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

These All-Star seasons really hurt Colby's reputation as a challenge beast. First he gets dominated by Boston Rob on that balance beam thing in the first All-Stars, and now it's Coach.
Old 02-12-10, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I wonder how many people declined to return.

Love these All Star editions. No time wasted learning the people, very few undeserving people wasting space, high level of competition, amazing eye candy and rooting interests all over the place.
Old 02-12-10, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
These All-Star seasons really hurt Colby's reputation as a challenge beast.
I never understood his rep . He started a challenge winning streak in Australia when his competition were 2 old guys a middle aged housewife the chick from The View and Boston Rob's wife Amba. Any remotely athletic person should have been able to winning most of the individual challenges he did.
Old 02-12-10, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/12/je...ains-premiere/
Old 02-12-10, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Was he in one (fans/favorites?) after his initial one? Guess I totally forgot about that.
He was on Fans vs Favorites and asked to be voted out on the first episode. He was a pathetic caricature of his former self.
Old 02-12-10, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Loved the season premiere. I think it really helped flesh out alot of the characters in the 2 hours than a typical 1 hour episode that focuses mostly on challenges. It sucked that the 1st challenge was so physical especially with the 2 injuries.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Coach married? I recall he had a female companion at the reunion show during his season who said she loved him. I was really puzzled at him being interested in Jerri.

As mentioned above I cannot for the life of me remember Danielle and Candice.

And yes, Amanda is probably one of the most naturally beautiful women I have ever seen.

As for Russell.....blah blah blah blah. He was entertaining last season, but I'm so over his schtick. Maybe if he starts finding Hidden Immunity Idols with no clues again I may have a change of heart.

Not surprised at all about Sugar. This early in the game you can't vote out people like Tom, Steph or even Amanda who are all strong physically....although Tom is looking a little pudgy around the gut.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-12-10 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-12-10, 06:33 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Jeff's blogging is my Friday Morning breakfast ritual. Wonderful!
Old 02-12-10, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
To this day, I'm not sure if there's another woman as hot as Amanda in the Survivor environment (no make-up, just natural looks), truly stunning, and this season is no different, nice lighting at tribal council for her, as well.
I couldn't agree more. She is beautiful !
I hope she makes it ti the finals again.
She has to distance herself from Cirie now, since Cirie might be the next to go.
Old 02-12-10, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
I wonder how many people declined to return.
Colleen, from season 1, for one.
Old 02-12-10, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IMO, Russell going after the women makes him appear chauvenistic. I'm glad Natalie beat his ass since he seems to think women are just naturally more gullible than the men. I don't think he's gonna find Parvati remotely in the same ballpark as Liz and Natalie.
Old 02-12-10, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well worth the read:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20343684,00.html

* As some of you may know, often when there is a challenge on Survivor that is presented as a ''first team to three wins,'' in actuality, it was something much longer. Take this reward challenge: What you saw on TV was a ''first one to three wins.'' But in reality, the teams actually played all the way to five. Remember how the Villains went up 2-1 after Coach dragged Colby back to the Villains mat? In actuality, the Heroes had a whopping 4-0 lead when that contest took place, and that Coach victory merely got the Villains back to 4-1. But this was just the tip of the out-of-order iceberg, and what I am about to tell you is so convoluted and confusing we may need Lostexpert Doc Jensen to decipher it. The first-round match-up you saw with Stephenie and Cirie vs. Parvati and Danielle was actually round six and got the Villains back to being down only 4-2. But wait, it gets even more confusing. Remember how you saw Stephenie dislocate her shoulder and Probst remarked how she injured herself in the very first round of the very first challenge. Well, that was true, but it wasn't the round you saw. The actual first round (that you did not see) featured the exact same match-up (Stephenie and Cirie vs. Parvati and Danielle) and it was actually a Heroes victory. Not only that, but the injury appeared to occur while Stephenie was slapping the mat with her extended arm to give her team the win. So, the round you saw presented as the first match-up was actually a rematch that Stephenie was participating in after she had already dislocated her shoulder! (How tough is she?) So, the injury happened in one place, but was edited into another. Now because this is all a bit hard to follow, let me be clear about one thing: There is no monkeying around when it comes to Survivor challenges. The teams compete and the winner is the winner. Nothing is rigged. When you saw people winning rounds, they were winning rounds, maybe just not in the exact order it actually happened. Like all elements of the show, the producers just often record much more than can actually show so then have to figure out the best way to condense it all. (For example, the one round where Coach dragged Colby to his mat took over nine minutes by itself. It was an epic duel that was mesmerizing to witness, but simply too long to show in its entirety) And Stephenie did injure her shoulder in that competition against those same players, just not in the round they showed us. I'm actually surprised they edited it this way because watching Stephenie dislocating it as she won, and then coming back to compete after injuring it was pretty dramatic in itself. Again, just not enough time.
Stephanie is one tough chick...
Old 02-12-10, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Was he in one (fans/favorites?) after his initial one? Guess I totally forgot about that.
He was in Fans/Faves, but left immediately. I suspect his quitting was a a big FU to CBS. They let him participate in the Survivor dvd commentary, and he was a jerk by refusing to talk.

I don't think he would have survived that first challenge anyways. lol
Old 02-12-10, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Danielle finished in 2nd place and was behind a lot of great moves in Panama(Getting a player out with only 3 of 7 votes at F12) but obviously her and the winner of the season Aras were forgetten pretty soon after the show aired because the editing of the game revolved around Terry and Cirie as the stars with Shane and Courtney as zany side charecters. Danielle is largely just victim to how the show is edited the last 4-5 years .

Wow. That doesn't ring a bell at all. I remember Cirie of course unless she was on a 2nd season too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling to remember some of these chicks.

Some of you have really good memories when it comes to this. Once these Survivors are over, they all kind of blend together to me for the most part. Then again it usually takes me about a dozen episodes before I figure out everyone's name. Won't have that problem this time.
Old 02-12-10, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Howie2000
I never understood his rep . He started a challenge winning streak in Australia when his competition were 2 old guys a middle aged housewife the chick from The View and Boston Rob's wife Amba. Any remotely athletic person should have been able to winning most of the individual challenges he did.
Well there was the challenge in Australia where he had to hold up bags of water and the weight got so heavy that the board snapped in half. I thought he showed a lot of strength and character in that season, but he comes off wimpy now.

I think the All Stars makes Rupert look even worse. lol In the last All Stars, he made the bone headed decision to dig a hole in the ground for a shelter. Tonight, he already injured himself, and he couldn't even perform his usual duty of catching fish or making fire. He just stood there dumbstruck during the puzzle. lol

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.