DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   How I Met Your Mother -- "Rabbit or Duck" -- 02/08/10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/569209-how-i-met-your-mother-rabbit-duck-02-08-10-a.html)

bigjim25 02-08-10 07:26 AM

How I Met Your Mother -- "Rabbit or Duck" -- 02/08/10

http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/2...0911175407.jpg
Spoiler:
Ted abdicates responsibility for finding a Valentine's Day date, and allows Lily and Marshall to "arrange" a date for him; Robin foolishly consents to attend a Valentine's day party given by her deeply inappropriate co-worker, Don Frank.

Bluelitespecial 02-08-10 07:44 PM

Re: How I Met Your Mother -- "Rabbit or Duck" -- 02/08/10

Nice way to bring back the "Naked Man".

kstublen 02-08-10 07:58 PM

Loved how they worked in Barney's appearance at the Superbowl.

astrochimp 02-08-10 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 9988718)
Nice way to bring back the "Naked Man".

Yeah :lol:

GradVT06 02-08-10 10:50 PM

I liked the return of Ranjeet, and the return of "the naked man", but not very good IMO. I expected a lot more from Barney after his Superbowl appearance. No laughs.

Decker 02-08-10 10:55 PM

Anyone else expect Albie Grant to pop up from behind the sofa after the naked guy appeared and covered up?

Nth Power 02-09-10 04:36 AM

The blond that Ted was going to marry was stupidly hot. :drool:

Raul3 02-09-10 07:53 AM

Good episode.

One thing I noted is that the actress that does Robin is getting better in time with that character. Her acting is almost perfect. I think that's one of the things I like about the show, they do a really good show in the acting department. But last night there was an scene where Robin was really great.

Red Dog 02-09-10 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nth Power (Post 9989276)

I'd be tempted to marry her to keep her in the country.

MrX 02-09-10 11:43 AM

I thought it was funny that Ted talked about how he sucked at picking women and always picked the wrong one while sitting next to Robin:lol:

sven 02-09-10 02:49 PM

Barney is really starting to ignore me.

LickTheABCs 02-09-10 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by sven (Post 9990224)
Barney is really starting to ignore me.

Well, there's always somebody hotter..

Josh-da-man 02-09-10 03:44 PM

Note to the writers: Barney's starting to get creepy. Like, lurking around a park with a leash and asking little girls to get in his van to help him find his lost puppy creepy.

He's turning into a one-note caricature like Kelly Bundy.

Count Dooku 02-09-10 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nth Power (Post 9989276)

Her name is Bar Paly.
I've hidden some pics of her in this post. Can you find them?

Count Dooku 02-09-10 05:36 PM

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bp7NX2cH_SI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bp7NX2cH_SI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

a song from the perspective of Ted's daughter about her dad telling the HIMYM story

tofu 02-09-10 06:04 PM

Awesome episode although I was expecting something a little bit more from Barney's phone prank. Although I did call both numbers. Not as cool as when Scrubs posted a phone number on their show.

Jimmy James 02-09-10 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by tofu (Post 9990603)
Awesome episode although I was expecting something a little bit more from Barney's phone prank. Although I did call both numbers. Not as cool as when Scrubs posted a phone number on their show.

The first time I called that one, Donald Faison himself answered. I was so freaked out I hung up on him. If I remember the talk, months after that one, they still had the phone hooked up and people on set would occasionally pick up on people.

I am coming in late on this series -- I'm catching 2 episodes a week on Lifetime, and I've seen maybe 6 episodes from this season. Barney therefore isn't quite as much a caricature of himself to me that he may be to others.

Decker 02-09-10 07:34 PM

As someone who's only seen a couple dozen of these episodes, does the character of Ted ever get more interesting or sympathetic? He seems like a mopey whiney drip who keeps waiting for the right woman. He never seems to get the funny lines and is by far the weakest character in the ensemble. Am I off base here or is the lead character the weak link on this show?

B.A. 02-09-10 07:55 PM

The rabbit/duck conversation in the bar was one of the better moments in recent memory on this show.

Adboy151 02-09-10 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 9990793)
As someone who's only seen a couple dozen of these episodes, does the character of Ted ever get more interesting or sympathetic? He seems like a mopey whiney drip who keeps waiting for the right woman. He never seems to get the funny lines and is by far the weakest character in the ensemble. Am I off base here or is the lead character the weak link on this show?

No; I've had this conversation with friends who watch HIMYM. Ted (the character and Josh Radnor the actor) and his quest, the show's conceit, are the weakest part -- and often -- least interesting part of the show.

movieking 02-09-10 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 9990793)
Am I off base here or is the lead character the weak link on this show?

Of course every episode is different, the general consensus is that Ted is the least interesting character on the show.

I loved the duck/rabbit argument, and how angry everyone got during it. My wife paused at the beginning of the fight and told me she knew I agreed with Marshall, since I had told her about when I was young growing up on a farm, I had a duck fly into me because I was helping my father move her ducklings, and it made me cry. Stupid vicious ducks.

JasonF 02-09-10 08:17 PM

I have two pet rabbits and zero pet ducks. Rabbits are better than ducks.

TheKing 02-10-10 01:01 AM

Ted has to be the least interesting character. We know he's a failure until the end of the series. even his own friends don't bother enough to know a lot about him. I mean Lily couldn't even give a good description of Ted as an architect, and didn't even mention that he is now a college professor. since Ted is also the narrator, the best way to look at it is to say that Ted likes his friends more than he likes himself.