Live for the Moment -- "Pilot" -- From Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-28-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Photobucket

This is a prospective Pilot for a possible series that Jeff Probst created and produced with Mark Burnett. If the ratings are good, then CBS may consider this as a series.

<object width='400' height='300'><param name='movie' value='http://www.cbs.com/e/Wx_rBRAPceXqnWTWWOZTTderz2s4pPAA/cbs/1/'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param><embed width='400' height='300' src='http://www.cbs.com/e/Wx_rBRAPceXqnWTWWOZTTderz2s4pPAA/cbs/1/' allowfullscreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'></embed></object>

Jeff also posted a blog on 5 reasons to watch his show tonight:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/01/28/pr...or-the-moment/

Basically this looks like "The Bucket List" the series.
Old 01-28-10, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Live for the Moment -- "Pilot" -- From Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett

My bucket list includes winning a $200+ million powerball. Where can i sign up to be on the show?
Old 01-29-10, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

You know this show wasn't too bad. I know this "Feel Good" type genre isn't for everyone and probably makes most of you in this forum want to vomit, but kudos to Jeff Probst for going outside the box and trying something different from Survivor. I doubt that CBS will greenlight this to a series, but it's was a noble attempt. There was a show on NBC a few years ago called "Three Wishes" with Amy Grant that was very similar in tone to this.

Personally, I hate that other feel good show Extreme Makeover Home Edition. But, for me I have no issues about this show exploring a dying person trying to live his/her life to the fullest with what little time they have left.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-29-10 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-29-10, 12:31 PM

The wife and I watched this, and both thought it was great. We both try our hardest to live in the moment and not take things for granted. This show would be a nice reminder to do that.
Old 01-29-10, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The ratings though, they were in the toilet.
Old 01-29-10, 03:01 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought it was OK, but I can't see a whole series. I think it would get old fast. It seemed like 'Make A Wish' for adults. I thought that many things for one person was overkill. Maybe do one thing for several different people each episode if they do this again. It seemed like the more they did the more they were reminding him he was going to die. The guy and his family were likeable and energetic and definitely appreciated it.