Reload this Page >

Mad Men: Season Four Cast News

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-27-10, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No major spoilers on exact storylines but some info on who's in, who's out and who's up in the air:

When Mad Men season four comes around this fall, the old gang from Sterling Cooper will be scattered to the winds. We know which characters helped found Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, but what about the folks who didn't join the revolution—are all those character gone for good?

We've got the scoop on the Mad Men folks who are not yet accounted for, including Betty Draper, Salvatore Romano, Ken Cosgrove and Paul Kinsey. Is your favorite character safe? Here's the latest:

• Looks like we'll have to say goodbye to art director Salvatore Romano, because Mad Men did not pick up Bryan Batt's contract for season four. Matt Weiner explained to TV Guide magazine that, "I felt it was an expression of the times that he couldn't work there anymore. [The sticky situation with the Lucky Strike scion was] the ultimate case of sexual harassment." AMC had no comment on the report that Batt was leaving the show. Ugh. Poor guy.

• In happier news, Aaron Staton's character Ken Cosgrove seems to be safe. Insiders tell us exclusively that Staton's contract has been picked up for season four. No telling if he'll join Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce or find employment elsewhere, but it looks like ol' Kosgrove lives to torture Pete Campbell (Vincent Kartheiser) another day.

• The fate of Michael Gladis' hippie intellectual Paul Kinsey, however, is less clear. We checked in with Paul about his future on the show, and he tells us exclusively, "Though I'm flattered and amazed that you've taken any interest at all, I just don't know. You'll have to watch season four to find out." Hmmm...

• Finally, Betty Draper's (January Jones) plane trip to Reno was not our last glimpse of the Grace Kelly clone. Mad Men boss Weiner has reassured us that Don's ex is still a part of the series, saying, "I don't like spoilers, but you will find out that January's contract has been renewed." And there you have it! From the sound of it, Betty continues to operate independently of both the Sterling Cooper action and Don himself, but remains a crucial part of the series. As Weiner tells it: "She's [still] raising Don's kids. And I also feel that she was always in her own show."

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...mdb_topstories

Booo! to no Sal but I had the feeling he was a goner. I'd rather have him than Betty, really.
Old 01-27-10, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Mad Men: Season Four Cast News

I thought Sal would end up working at the new Sterling Cooper Draper & British Guy. If January comes back for season four, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in a far diminished role.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I shot with Jon Hamm a few days ago at Sundance, and he's the nicest guy on the planet. Before the shoot, he was helping me set up the lights, and then he shook my hand at the end. He also has a full beard. He's coming back to SNL so that should be fun.
Old 01-27-10, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by BJacks View Post
I thought Sal would end up working at the new Sterling Cooper Draper & British Guy. If January comes back for season four, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in a far diminished role.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I shot with Jon Hamm a few days ago at Sundance, and he's the nicest guy on the planet. Before the shoot, he was helping me set up the lights, and then he shook my hand at the end. He also has a full beard. He's coming back to SNL so that should be fun.
I think they decided they weren't bringing back Sal last season when they mentioned Lucky Strike was coming with them to the new agency.
Old 01-29-10, 04:40 AM

Hamm has since shaved his beard, as he's doing SNL, a lame NBC show that obviously doesn't like celebs changing their image.
Old 01-29-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Medicine View Post
Hamm has since shaved his beard, as he's doing SNL, a lame NBC show that obviously doesn't like celebs changing their image.
Honestly, the beard would have hampered the roles he could do in skits (one obvious spoof will be a Mad Men spot). You can always ADD a fake beard when needed, but you can't hide one.
Old 01-29-10, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I love Paul Kinsey, I hope he returns.
Old 01-29-10, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah Kinsey's a great character that I would miss if he wasn't there anymore. Cosgrove has to be the least interesting person on the show. I wonder since they're bringing him back means they finally has something for him to do?