DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Damages *Season Premiere* - "Your Secrets Are Safe" -1/25/10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/568456-damages-%2Aseason-premiere%2A-your-secrets-safe-1-25-10-a.html)

MrX 01-25-10 02:15 AM

Damages *Season Premiere* - "Your Secrets Are Safe" -1/25/10

"Your Secrets Are Safe"
Spoiler:
A new case pits Patty Hewes against the Tobin family and their attorney; Ellen Parsons adjusts to the challenges of her new job, and life, away from Patty.

LickTheABCs 01-25-10 02:22 AM

Re: Damages *Season Premiere* - "Your Secrets Are Safe" -1/25/10

Glad it's back.

Hope Rose Byrne put on some damn weight. She was looking way too thin last season.

skatefan20 01-25-10 02:31 AM

http://i49.tinypic.com/9vlj0i.jpg

Martin Short, Lily Tomlin, Campbell Scott - what a lineup for this season. Can't wait!

DJariya 01-25-10 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs (Post 9961598)
Glad it's back.

Hope Rose Byrne put on some damn weight. She was looking way too thin last season.

Agree she was a toothpick last season.

RichC2 01-25-10 07:45 AM

I wasn't sold on season 3, but for some reason after seeing the extended trailer I am eagerly awaiting it.

Season 2 I enjoyed a good deal but the finale was just, bleh. Oh and Darrell Hammond, yeah that was odd.

Wolf359 01-25-10 10:05 AM

Loved S1 but was completely meh about S2. I'll give it a couple of episodes.

Geofferson 01-25-10 10:12 AM

I definitely plan on tuning in -- although I was disappointed with the second season.

Gunde 01-25-10 10:40 AM

The promos look awesome and Rose Byrne looks healthy, eventhough she's hardly in them

mraw 01-25-10 12:33 PM

Damages is conflicting with Castle and Men of a Certain Age on my DVR, so I had to cancel the request. I scheduled it to record the later airings and I hope that works out. Slightly o/t, I just saw Fatal Attraction for the first time last week and OMG. Glenn Close is no joke.

Groucho 01-25-10 12:37 PM

Season 2 was still good, but it had a lot of sub-plots that went nowhere. Looking forward to this one, some good guest stars are coming on board.

Originally Posted by mraw (Post 9962276)
Slightly o/t, I just saw Fatal Attraction for the first time last week and OMG. Glenn Close is no joke.

Check out Jagged Edge. Not a great movie by any means, but in many ways it feels like a prequel to Damages in that Close plays an ambitious lawyer, albeit at the beginning of her career.

conscience 01-25-10 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wolf359 (Post 9961954)
Loved S1 but was completely meh about S2. I'll give it a couple of episodes.

Same here. I'll give it a couple of episodes and if it doesn't have me hooked I'm going to stop watching until the season is over and catch it all over a weekend. The reviews have been good and say the first one or two episodes are jaw dropping (but that was said about season 2 as well and look where that went...)

Season 2? Oy vey! A mess with Rose Byrne being the only redeemable thing about it! Even Glenn Close didn't have much to work with with that terrible writing.

Red Dog 01-25-10 01:18 PM

As usually happens with these serial dramas, I've totally forgotten how last season ended. I do remember liking S2, but it paling in comparison to S1.

Red Dog 01-25-10 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by mraw (Post 9962276)
Damages is conflicting with Castle and Men of a Certain Age on my DVR, so I had to cancel the request. I scheduled it to record the later airings and I hope that works out. Slightly o/t, I just saw Fatal Attraction for the first time last week and OMG. Glenn Close is no joke.

That's what I'm doing - recording the later airing of Damages.

sleepyhead55 01-25-10 01:51 PM

Looking forward to this as I didn't enjoy a bunch of S2. William Hurt ended up boring me a lot with his performance. I think they just tried to dump way too many storylines into a 12 or 13 episode season. Hope they include more Ted Danson this year as he was underused last year.

DJariya 01-25-10 01:55 PM

The William Hurt subplot last season made my head hurt. Hated how they tried to make Marcia Gay Harden some kind of slutty vixen.

I'm really interested to see how they bring Patty and Ellen back together since Ellen tried to kill her at the end of last season.

Rose Byrne and Glenn Close are both contracted to do 7 seasons of this show, however Season 3 is the last that FX is commited to airing right now. The ratings were awful last season, so this is a make or break season for the show.

sleepyhead55 01-25-10 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 9962447)
The William Hurt subplot last season made my head hurt. Hated how they tried to make Marcia Gay Harden some kind of slutty vixen.

I'm really interested to see how they bring Patty and Ellen back together since Ellen tried to kill her at the end of last season.

Rose Byrne and Glenn Close are both contracted to do 7 seasons of this show, however Season 3 is the last that FX is commited to airing right now. The ratings were awful last season, so this is a make or break season for the show.

Yeah, I liked Marcia Gay Harden but that plotline where she was sleeping with Hurt was kinda weird.

I'm kinda sad that the creepy cop--Rick isn't going to be on the show this year. He was very good in his role the past two years.

I'd had heard that the ratings weren't good. I'm not sure how they could milk seven seasons from this show.

RichC2 01-25-10 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 9962447)

It certainly seems like this will be the last season unfortunately.

macnorton 01-25-10 02:09 PM

While I didn't find the writing to be terrible, I will agree that there were a few sub plots that made me shake my head. Could the sub plots be explored this season? Maybe, but they did kind of fizzle out. Clearly the writers were going for a two season arc with these last two seasons.

However, even at it's worst Damages is still one of the best shows on TV. I can see it going 5 seasons and ending, that would work. But 7...no that I can't see happening.

Groucho 01-25-10 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 (Post 9962467)
Yeah, I liked Marcia Gay Harden but that plotline where she was sleeping with Hurt was kinda weird.

It was doubly weird if you've seen Into the Wild.

JayDerek 01-25-10 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 9962503)
It was doubly weird if you've seen Into the Wild.

eek! I didn't even think about that. wow.

I read that the William Hurt storyline is so FUBARed because he wasn't getting along w/ anyone on the set and just didn't want to be there...so they axed a good chunk of his storyline. I'm sure that's why the season feels so awkward.

Season 1 was SO good...here's hoping Season 3 will be a return to form.

conscience 01-25-10 02:46 PM

BTW, I really want Patti's son to die a grizzly death.

Ravenous 01-25-10 04:53 PM

Cant wait to see this. Its truly the best show on TV and I wasnt dissapointed by S2. I hope they do more seasons. What extended promos are you guys talking about?

I wont even watch this season till I have them all recorded and have a marathon over 3 or 4 days. Thats the way to do it!

skatefan20 01-25-10 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by conscience (Post 9962557)
BTW, I really want Patti's son to die a grizzly death.

I feel the same way about Phil. :D

bootsy 01-25-10 08:40 PM

This will be my first episode tonight. Looking forward to it. I know I am late but I will catch up on the first two seasons later.

RichC2 01-25-10 09:04 PM

rotfl good thing she drives a Cadillac. The intro montage of all the shit going down in Seasons 1 and 2 reminded me of how much fun this show is.

Reiko Aylesworth :up: