Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 15 -- Season Finale -- "Amazing Grace,How Sweet the Sound"-- 12/6/09

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 15 -- Season Finale -- "Amazing Grace,How Sweet the Sound"-- 12/6/09

Old 12-07-09, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 15 -- Season Finale -- "Amazing Grace,How Sweet the Sound"-- 12/

i guess my girlfriend and i are in the minority. the only team left that we liked was the beauty queen couple. i couldnt stand the other 2 teams.
Old 12-07-09, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 15 -- Season Finale -- "Amazing Grace,How Sweet the Sound"-- 12/

Well that was sure some exciting television. I was hoping the watching paint dry challenge would be next. And thanks Yahoo News for running a nice spoiler announcing who won at 6PM PST. Why this show would warrant a news alert in the first place is beyond me.
Old 12-07-09, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Can somebody help me determine when the final episode was taping in vegas?

A friend of mine and I having a debate of whether or not it was when we were in vegas. I'm a 100% sure we didn't see them, but instead another race going on, but dates would help me prove without a doubt...
Old 12-07-09, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chino77 View Post
i guess my girlfriend and i are in the minority. the only team left that we liked was the beauty queen couple. i couldnt stand the other 2 teams.
Same here. I thought Brian was a real stand out guy, and his attitude really outweighed that of his wife, the doucheness of Cheyne and the bro couple.
Old 12-07-09, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm gald M & C won, they deserved it.
They dominated the race.

Brian is one of the nicest guys I've ever seen.
I wouldn't have mind if he won but I didn't want his wife to win.
Did you see how happy she was shen they had the lead in the beginning then as they lost the lead in the bungie challenge she turned into the bitch from hell !
That was scary.

I would have like to see the globe trotters instead of the brothers, who were creeps.

Love AR and can't wait for the next race !

Last edited by Struz; 12-07-09 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-07-09, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy View Post
Can somebody help me determine when the final episode was taping in vegas?

A friend of mine and I having a debate of whether or not it was when we were in vegas. I'm a 100% sure we didn't see them, but instead another race going on, but dates would help me prove without a doubt...
August 7
Old 12-07-09, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk View Post
August 7
I believe you, but can you share where you gathered that info - so I can show my friend. I love being right.
Old 12-07-09, 11:00 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Meghan is easily one of the best female racers ever on the show. I can't think of anyone better off the top of my head. Her cool, focus, and intensity during the chip counting challenge won the race for them. Very deserving winners.
Old 12-07-09, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy View Post
I believe you, but can you share where you gathered that info - so I can show my friend. I love being right.
You can find it on pretty much any spoiler site. Here's one:

http://vevmo.com/f70/the-amazing-rac...91/index2.html
Old 12-07-09, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk View Post
You can find it on pretty much any spoiler site. Here's one:

http://vevmo.com/f70/the-amazing-rac...91/index2.html
Thanks!
Old 12-07-09, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by starseed1981 View Post
Same here. I thought Brian was a real stand out guy, and his attitude really outweighed that of his wife, the doucheness of Cheyne and the bro couple.
I'm with you guys. Brian was cool and whined the least of anyone on the show other than the Globetrotters which had to be tough considering how his wife acted. Cheyne and his hair seemed too douchey for me but Meghan definitely deserved to win. Really happy the brothers didn't win though.
Old 12-07-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
I afraid I'm going to still have to give the most patient award to Zach. While Ericka was annoying sometimes, and Brian had to basically put up with it what Zach had to tolerate was in an entirely different league. Really, it wasn't even the same sport. And Zach even ended up winning the race with that ball and chain tied to his ankle.
Agreed. Ericka has nothing on Flo. Her meltdown in Vietnam was an all-timer.
Old 12-07-09, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought it was amusing when Erika said that her mother would probably see Brian in a different light after the show - I'm guessing the mother must feel pretty sorry for the guy now for being married to such a bitch!
Old 12-07-09, 01:33 PM

I guess I'm in the minority here. I thought counting the poker chips was a lame final task. I would have preferred something that would have involved remembering things from the race.
Old 12-07-09, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by kidindy View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here. I thought counting the poker chips was a lame final task. I would have preferred something that would have involved remembering things from the race.
I think you're actually in the majority if you think that.
Old 12-07-09, 03:00 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The poker chip task tripped up 2 of the 3 teams, so it couldn't have been too lame. I guess it didn't make great TV for some.
Old 12-07-09, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jim View Post
The poker chip task tripped up 2 of the 3 teams, so it couldn't have been too lame. I guess it didn't make great TV for some.
I thought it was a good challenge by itself, but at the end many people would prefer one about places from the whole race like they've had many times in past shows. There were plenty of other challenges that tripped up teams during the race. That doesn't mean they still wouldn't have been lame final tasks.
Old 12-07-09, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

The problem is that in the past, remembering what you did before the last leg is tough but a lot of teams were helping each other out to get started plus it was generally only one person doing the final task.

With this counting the poker chips, BOTH members of the team are working together and there is no sharing of information since it was just as easy to start. It may have seemed like a lame challenge but it certainly was not as easy as Megan & Cheyne made it look. The brothers were first and were still working on it when Brian and Erica showed up. The brothers were still there after Megan and Cheyne finally figured out where they were supposed to be. Brian and Erica had an even more difficult time with the challenge and we didn't even see if they were able to complete it or told to head to the finish line. We also did not see Brian and Erica running to meet Wayne Newton.
Old 12-07-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

One thing I like about the final challenge is that both team members participated. The memory challenges in the past involved only one of the team members (IIRC), which I didn't like as much since the final challenge, essentially the one which determines the overall winner, should involve both team members. The whole point of the race is to see which is the best team, so both should play a vital role at the end.
Old 12-07-09, 03:44 PM

The problem I had with the final leg was that it really seemed to lack a hard final challenge. Yes I realize some people had problems counting the chips, but come on that was the final challenge??? You didn't need to remember anything from previous legs you only had to be able to count a million in chips. Visit Wayne Newton and be told to go to his house. That seems like an easier task that getting the correct weight of the gold when they were in Dubai. Counting out the chips is not really a difficult thing (unless they make Jordan do it next season).

Did the right team win? Yes I believe so, I didn't like them but they were the team to beat all year.

Rant over, now we can look forward to next season.
Old 12-07-09, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 462 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by kidindy View Post
Counting out the chips is not really a difficult thing (unless they make Jordan do it next season).
Difficult enough that two teams known for meltdowns couldn't get it correct the first time and lost to a team that showed up last to the challenge.
Old 12-07-09, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
Difficult enough that two teams known for meltdowns couldn't get it correct the first time and lost to a team that showed up last to the challenge.
That's why it would be hard for them but not Meghan and Cheyne. After seeing both losing teams struggle with the weighing gold task and Ericka take forever counting bells, is it really any surprise they would screw up the poker chip one and that Meghan and Cheyne wouldn't?
Old 12-07-09, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was VERY happy and relieved with that conclusion. What the episode might have lacked in what people are referring to as lame challenges, and for TV maybe they were, for us it was more the made up for in the suspense and nervousness every final leg brings-especially when we have a favorite team. And that was Meghan and Cheyne. Definitely a team that will back.

Still, while I haven't watched every race, this is my 10th for sure, and I'm still not completely sold on the final leg. What's the point of having no benefit to being the leaders and dominating if the final leg is going to automatically even up the teams? I've sort of made peace with the bunching up during the earlier legs, but it doesn't seem fair in the final leg to be team number 1 and get nothing other than another vacation for all that work. There should be a way to balance the drama needed for the show to make sure they get a decent finish with giving the leaders some kind of small advantage for what they've done to earn that position.
Old 12-07-09, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 462 Likes on 328 Posts

I feel it makes for a closer finish to have teams on equal starts in the finale. It would be very uneventful to have a team runaway with the win. I think this year (and the previous), teams are forced on to certain flights. No way could there only be one flight from Prague to Las Vegas. There could have been more choices with different connections.
Old 12-08-09, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,453 Posts

A pretty good conclusion to a good season.

Glad Meghan and Cheyne won. They really seem truly nice people similar to Kris and John from one of the earlier seasons. Meghan was definitely one of the best female racers, tall and athletic and she only had 1 meltdown during that hay challenge. I don't understand why them being a normal couple makes them boring. I thought they ran a very good, clean race and were very exciting to watch. I don't need to see an over the top douche bag and some hot high maitenance chick to make entertaining TV.

One of my complaints from this season was there being way too many easy challenges. I also thought the speed bumps were way too easy for the teams on the non-elimination legs.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.