Search this Thread

Old 11-15-09, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "The Coffee Cup" -- 11/15/09

Desperate Housewives

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Susan discovers a Mike-Katherine connection that leads her to question her relationship with Mike; Gaby simply must get Juanita into Catholic school; Lynette's pregnancy becomes increasingly hard to hide; and Angie learns the truth about Bree's marriage as Bree tries to hide her affair.

Old 11-16-09, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- "The Coffee Cup" -- 11/15/09

I'm really starting to dislike this show. The only character that made me smile last night was Gaby. Susan and Katherine's storyline was terrible (I'm at the point where I'm hoping they write Katherine out), I'm sick of Lynette (now Tom as well), manipulating everyone within arm's reach to get exactly what they want.

I understand Lynette's reason for hiding her pregnancy, but she shouldn't have done so for so long. Carlos seems hell bent on making her life miserable, and that's what I really don't understand at all. Yes, Lynette lied about being pregnant, but only after Carlos made derogatory comments about pregnant women at work.

Angie helping Bree keep her affair a secret... isn't this the same woman who is pissed at her husband for cheating on her, yet she helps another woman cheat on her husband. Then there's the cockamamie excuse that she's doing it to help Orson? Please.
Old 11-16-09, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Maybe I missed it earlier in the season, but whatever happened to Carlos' niece living with them?
Old 11-16-09, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Comcast fail: I guess I'll be watching this episode online
Old 11-16-09, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Maybe I missed it earlier in the season, but whatever happened to Carlos' niece living with them?
She's still MIA. I think the last episode she appeared in was the one where she caught Gaby kissing John Rowland, and that was at least 3 episodes ago.
Old 11-16-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Or Susan and Mike's son! No way could Susan have been trying to have sex with Mike five times in one day with MJ at home.
Old 11-16-09, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can someone remind me if in the season premiere, did we see who strangled Julie? For some reason, I really thought we saw a clear shot of the new kid doing it, but my girlfriend seems to think we never saw the perp (similar to how the waitress was killed at the end of this ep).

Can someone clear this up?

Thanks.
Old 11-17-09, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
She's still MIA. I think the last episode she appeared in was the one where she caught Gaby kissing John Rowland, and that was at least 3 episodes ago.
Yes. She seems to have vanished as soon as the Juanita home-schooling story started. Weak.

Originally Posted by rennervision
Or Susan and Mike's son! No way could Susan have been trying to have sex with Mike five times in one day with MJ at home.
Since Julie returned MJ has similarly vanished. It is like the writers can only handle one child at a time in any housewife's storyline. Have we really seen a single Scavo child more than a second since the pregnancy storyline started?

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Can someone remind me if in the season premiere, did we see who strangled Julie? For some reason, I really thought we saw a clear shot of the new kid doing it, but my girlfriend seems to think we never saw the perp (similar to how the waitress was killed at the end of this ep).
We most certainly did NOT see who it was. Essentially that is the central mystery of this season - further promoted by the murder at the end of this episode.
Old 11-17-09, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

The murder is clearly Nick or Drea's character. But you know what? I don't much care anymore. This series has taken a dive. I only really watch it to spend time with my wife after a day of football.
Old 11-17-09, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I doubt Drea could physically lift the waitress off the ground just by choking her. In fact, I doubt her husband could do that either. That's a LOT of strength. Also, the choking sounds emitted were laughably pathetic.

However, for Supernatural fans, I hope you recognized the waitress as... not really spoiler, but I'll spoil it for nonviewers of the show anyway
Spoiler:
The angel that fell from heaven, and later lost her virginity to Dean.
Old 11-18-09, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
However, for Supernatural fans, I hope you recognized the waitress
Yep. She's purty.

I was, however, a little disappointed that she only lasted one episode. Unless she has the same sort of bionic neck Julie apparently has.