Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

SYTYCD (Season 6) "The TOP 16 Perform" (11/10/09) & "Results" (11/11/09) - WE VOTE!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which 3 couples do you think deserves to be in the bottom three?
Noelle Marsh & Russell Ferguson
0%
Ashleigh Di Lello & Jakob Karr
0%
Mollee Gray & Nathan Trasoras
80.00%
Karen Hauer & Kevin Hunte
20.00%
Kathryn McCormick & "Legacy" Perez
0%
Pauline Mata & Peter Sabasino
100.00%
Ellenore Scott & Ryan Di Lello
80.00%
Channing Cooke & Victor Smalley
20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

SYTYCD (Season 6) "The TOP 16 Perform" (11/10/09) & "Results" (11/11/09) - WE VOTE!

Old 11-10-09, 04:29 PM

Received 774 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by www.fox.com/dance
The competition continues on television’s most original dance show Tuesday, Nov. 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX when the remaining 16 finalists compete as couples once again.

Beginning next week, the phone lines will open after each Tuesday performance show, and the fate of the finalists – one of whom will be named America’s Favorite Dancer – will be left up to the voting fans.

Then tune in Wednesday, Nov. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) when the three couples with the lowest number of votes will be announced on the first live results show. The six contestants comprising the bottom three couples are given a chance to perform solo routines in the hopes of convincing the judges to keep them in the competition. The judges then decide which dancers stay and which two are sent home. In the event that a couple is split apart, the two individual dancers who remain become a couple the following week.
The TOP 8 GIRLS are:
  • Ariana Debose (18, Contemporary)
  • Ashleigh Di Lello (26, Latin Ballroom)
  • Bianca Revels (20, Tap)
  • Channing Cooke (18, Contemporary)
  • Ellenore Scott (19, Contemporary/Jazz)
  • Karen Hauer (27, Latin Ballroom)
  • Kathryn McCormick (19, Contemporary)
  • Mollee Gray (18, Jazz)
  • Noelle Marsh (18, Contemporary)
  • Pauline Mata (19, Jazz)

The TOP 8 GUYS are:
  • Brandon Dumalo (??, Hip-Hop)
  • Jakob Karr (19, Contemporary)
  • Legacy Perez (28, Hip-Hop/B-Boy)
  • Kevin Hunte (23, Hip-Hop)
  • Nathan Trasoras (18, Contemporary)
  • Peter Sabasino (22, Tap)
  • Phillip Attmore (25, Tap)
  • Russell Ferguson (20, Hip-Hop/Krump)
  • Ryan Di Lello (28, Ballroom)
  • Victor Smalley (21, Contemporary)

Which 3 couples do you think deserves to be in the bottom three? Vote above!

<fieldset style="font-size: 0.8em; width: 550px; margin: 20px auto; padding: 5px 10px;"><legend>SYTYCD Season 6 (Fall 2009) Links</legend>
So You Think You Can Dance Audition Thread (Fall 2009)
SYTYCD-S6 "Meet the TOP 20 Special!" (10/26/09)
SYTYCD-S6 "The TOP 20 Perform" (10/27/09) - Eliminated: Ariana Debose & Brandon Dumalo
SYTYCD-S6 "The TOP 18 Perform" (11/3/09) - Eliminated: Bianca Revels & Phillip Attmore</fieldset>
Old 11-10-09, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SYTYCD (Season 6) "The TOP 16 Perform" (11/10/09) & "Results" (11/11/09) - WE VOT

There was some god awful choreography tonight! Too many new choreographers for one night.
Old 11-10-09, 11:28 PM

Re: SYTYCD (Season 6) "The TOP 16 Perform" (11/10/09) & "Results" (11/11/09) - WE VOT

I'm just not into this season for some reason.

It's recorded downstairs, but I can't bring myself to watch it.

It doesn't feel like the same show.
Old 11-11-09, 12:26 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by magiccmom
There was some god awful choreography tonight! Too many new choreographers for one night.
I'm not sure that's it *completely*. From the newbies, I liked the Afro-Jazz routine and I thought the Foxtrot was actually pretty clever for a foxtrot... it just wasn't danced exceptionally well.

I think what we saw tonight was too many of the choreographers didn't know how to play to their dancers' strengths (and disguise their weaknesses). Nathan/Mollee's samba was painful to watch... I think I cringed here more than I did in the last Hostel and Saw movies combined. Ryan and Ellenore were a complete mess and just looked completely unprepared. And you can't blame the new choreographers on that one - Lil C has been around for a few seasons now so he has no excuse. I know they can't get Tabitha & Napoleon every week, but where's Shane Sparks? ABDC is off season right now.

As for the rest, I didn't love the hustle as much as the judges did. It seemed a bit labored at points. On the flip side, I enjoyed the Broadway routine much more than the judges did and didn't think Kathryn deserved that much of a thrashing for it, especially given what else we saw last night.

It's a shame because I actually think this is a much better overall crop of dancers from last year and much more diverse style-wise.
Old 11-11-09, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's weird that I don't have any true favorites this season, though Kathryn got the short end of the critique last night.

Mollee and Nathan were horrendous.

Ryan and Ellenore looked too marshmellowish in white.

Victor and Channing weren't too bad in their number.

Peter and Pauline were middling.

Legacy and Kathryn were solid, the both of them.

Kevin and Karen were decent, but not really interested in Kevin's dancing.

Russell and Noelle had a cute number

Jakob and Ashleigh didn't quite pull off the number with the cane prop.
Old 11-11-09, 08:23 PM

Bottom three couples :
Spoiler:
Ryan and Ellenore
Peter and Pauline
Kevin and Karen

Simon Nigel ripped all six dancers saying their solos sucked... and I agree.

Ousted tonight:
Spoiler:
Peter and Pauline
Old 11-11-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not a big surprise who got sent home, but I gotta say there probably aren't more than 3 in this group of remaining dancers charismatic or talented enough to make it to last season's top ten. I sort of like Nigel's tough love approach, but I think, psychologically, most of these dancers just don't have that "mental" edge to keep them in the front of the pack.
Old 11-12-09, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Foxtrot was a great idea and looked good though Peter, being a tap dancer, should have done much better. I was happy to see him go but was a little surprised because I was thinking that Nigel really wanted to keep a tapper around for some reason, but there was no way he was going to send Russell home and Ryan was a much stronger dancer than Peter.

As for Pauline - I thought Ellenore should have gotten the boot along with her 40's style haircut, but Pauline wasn't much better. There was no way that Karen was going to get the boot.

By the way, I'm really liking Adam Shipman as a judge, he has some great comments. I always listen to what he has to say, unlike last year where I would usually skip through the first judge.

Mollee and Nathan - they will both be cut before they make it to the top 10. Their dancing was horrible. When the Top 12 perform, half of the dancers are in danger (three couples) so there is a good chance that Mollee and Nathan will be in danger – this is how they got rid of Phillip Chbeeb. They knew he was wildly popular and knew that he would advance “too far” if they left him in. Same thing will happen with both Mollee and Nathan.

At this point, I think the Top 6 dancers will be Jakob Karr, Russell Ferguson, and Legacy Perez for the guys, and Channing Cooke, Kathryn McCormick, and Karen Hauer for the girls. Remember that this year the winner will be voted from the Top 6, not the Top 4, in order to shorten the season by one week due to Christmas.
Old 11-12-09, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat

By the way, I'm really liking Adam Shipman as a judge, he has some great comments. I always listen to what he has to say, unlike last year where I would usually skip through the first judge.
Agreed. I kinda get this vibe that Mary doesn't really like him though.
Old 11-12-09, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 750 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasspasser
Agreed. I kinda get this vibe that Mary doesn't really like him though.
She's probably just jealous that everyone else likes Adam more than her. She's really, really annoying. She desperately needs to retire the screaming/hot tamale train act of hers. It has gotten beyond old and now just seems forced.