DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Heroes -- "Once Upon a Time in Texas" -- 11/02/09 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/564145-heroes-once-upon-time-texas-11-02-09-a.html)

rfduncan 11-03-09 08:00 AM

Re: Heroes -- "Once Upon a Time in Texas" -- 11/02/09

Originally Posted by raven56706 (Post 9812426)

Gee that was more informative. I want to know what was the inspiration for the decision. Was that person being a jerk on set? Did they just run out of stuff for the character to do? As mentioned, the character has essentially been "gone" for quite some time now anyway...

kiddk1 11-03-09 09:07 AM

I really like this episode. However why did hiro keep saying that "brain man" aka sylar killed Charlie, I was under the assumption that sylar did kill charlie but hiro went back and saved her, then she eventually died of an aneurysm, hiro made it sound like no matter what he did, sylar ends up killing her.

P.S Did t-bag call mohinder "joseph"

DJariya 11-03-09 01:30 PM

I don't know why the entertainment news outlets are making such a fuss about Pasdar leaving the show. The fact that the real Nathan was killed off at the end of last season only meant a matter of time before Pasdar's fake Nathan would be off the show.

zuffy 11-03-09 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706 (Post 9812426)

It's about friggin time. How many times can they kill this character and bring it back? Enough already.

Anubis2005X 11-03-09 01:37 PM

I haven't been watching this season. Nathan came back? I thought he was officially dead at the end of Season 3?

DJariya 11-03-09 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X (Post 9813768)
I haven't been watching this season. Nathan came back? I thought he was officially dead at the end of Season 3?

If you watched the final episode of last season, Parkman implanted his memories into Sylar and he shape shifted into Nathan.

OldBoy 11-03-09 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 9813776)
If you watched the final episode of last season, Parkman implanted his memories into Sylar and he shape shifted into Nathan.

but didn't he transform back, coming up from the grave, walking around the carnival and
Spoiler:
Nathan
is truly dead? i thought he was already as of a few weeks ago which is why the new announcement really wasn't a surprise to me.

JediMindTricks 11-03-09 01:46 PM

well, that's the thing. it shouldn't be a surprise since he is already dead.

i assumed that since sylar is back, we won't see nathan anymore.

DJariya 11-03-09 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 9813783)
but didn't he transform back, coming up from the grave, walking around the carnival and
Spoiler:
Nathan
is truly dead? i thought he was already as of a few weeks ago which is why the new announcement really wasn't a surprise to me.

Yeah I know he did, but Anubis said he hasn't watched any episodes this season.

Adam Tyner 11-03-09 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by kiddk1 (Post 9813135)
hiro made it sound like no matter what he did, sylar ends up killing her.

Yeah, you'd think in the process of putting all those clips from that episode together, someone would've...y'know, watched 'em. You're right. They're wrong.

Isn't the timeline completely off anyway? I thought Claire was grounded before the homecoming game for slugging that other cheerleader.

MEJHarrison 11-03-09 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 9813753)
I don't know why the entertainment news outlets are making such a fuss about xxxxxx leaving the show. The fact that the real xxxxxx was killed off at the end of last season only meant a matter of time before xxxxxx fake xxxxxx would be off the show.

I know it's just Heroes, but it still wouldn't have killed you to use some spoiler tags. Thanks a lot. -ohbfrank-

DJariya 11-03-09 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison (Post 9814517)
I know it's just Heroes, but it still wouldn't have killed you to use some spoiler tags. Thanks a lot. -ohbfrank-

Dude, the episodes that I am talking (season 3 finale and what has happened so far) have already aired. It's not like I'm spoilering something that is suppose to happen later this season. The character was already killed off.

Why are you even looking in this thread if you haven't seen season 3 and season 4 thus far?

JeffTheAlpaca 11-04-09 04:20 AM

What is the overall opinion on the character who appeared at the very end of the show (we have not seen him so far in season 4)?

I did not want to spoil it.

mnementh 11-04-09 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 9812700)
The ep didn't get interesting until the last 5 minutes. :(

Hiro made sure that he sent his past self back in time to meet Charlie in the first place. I suspect that if Hiro fixes T-Bag's problem, the writers will forget about the paradox and forget to ensure that T-Bag likewise pursues Hiro to set the sequence of events in motion.

mnementh 11-04-09 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker (Post 9812983)
I just picture Charlie trapped in one of those flat pieces of glass, spinning through space like in Superman.

I thought Parkman changed her memories so she thinks she's a high school counselor secretly in love with a choir coach.

rfduncan 11-04-09 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by mnementh (Post 9815148)
I thought Parkman changed her memories so she thinks she's a GERMAPHOBIC high school counselor secretly in love with a spanish teacher/choir coach.

Fixed. ;)

JediMindTricks 11-04-09 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 9815124)
What is the overall opinion on the character who appeared at the very end of the show (we have not seen him so far in season 4)?

meh. i didn't miss him at all.

Vipper II 11-04-09 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 9814472)
Isn't the timeline completely off anyway? I thought Claire was grounded before the homecoming game for slugging that other cheerleader.

I believe she was grounded the day of homecoming.

MrX 11-04-09 11:41 AM

meh

The scenes with Rohm's character were just filler, and the ending that it was T-Bag's masterplan were lame. Mohinder at the end was the cherry on top.

jjcool 11-04-09 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by kiddk1 (Post 9813135)
P.S Did t-bag call mohinder "joseph"

Anyone else catch this? I certainly didnt.

DJLinus 11-04-09 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool (Post 9816375)
Anyone else catch this? I certainly didnt.

I just finished watching the episode. All he said was "I'm sorry. So sorry."

jjcool 11-05-09 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by DJLinus (Post 9816947)
I just finished watching the episode. All he said was "I'm sorry. So sorry."

Good. That would have been huge to miss on my part.
Thanks for posting.

Michael Corvin 11-05-09 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 9812728)
I had the opposite reaction. It might be the best Hiro episode of the entire run of the show...definitely for the past few seasons.

This. That's the best Hiro has been in a long while. I enjoyed the episode for Charlie but the rest was filler. It's as if Hiro is planning on living happily ever after with Charlie and hang up the "Master of Space and Time" cape. I could live with that since it's obvious we aren't getting badass Hiro back. I did love everyone asking him where his sword was. :lol:

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 9815124)

That character was decent the first year when the they contributed something to the overall plot, and even to an extent in season 2. They took that character off the rails last year though, so I hope this person is only back for a guest stint.

Geoffy 11-06-09 08:09 PM

This season is actually quite good so far.
This episode was interesting in the way they looked back to S1. It didn't feel at all contrived to me.

Best scene.....
Spoiler:
Hiro calling himself a moron

Classic... ;)

jpb07 11-09-09 03:39 PM

Well...after giving up after episode 2, I am now caught back up via Netflix. Gotta say it's amusing coming here and seeing everyone refer to T-bag as T-bag since that's all I think whenever he's been on screen in the Hitman movie or now on Heroes.

Also getting a kick out of those pissy about spoiler tags around here. Sorry but you shouldn't be in a thread about an episode after it's airing unless you've either seen it or don't care about knowing what happened. Those who wish to discuss the episode in a thread meant for that should not have to tiptoe around with spoiler tags on everything. Spoiler FUTURE* things such as who is getting killed off...not stuff that has already happened.

That said....loved the episode. It reminded me of how kickass the 1st season was up until the finale. I did have some questions whether they brought back the actors, used stock footage, or replaced a few actors. Obviously Charlie and the other waitress were brought back. Isaac didn't exactly look/act exactly like he did at that point in season 1. And they didn't exactly focus on mini-Bilson...which makes me wonder if they used a stand-in. They seem to be going back and tying up loose ends which makes me wonder how long it'll be before the Peter's Irish chick is back or if they bring back angela's sister. Hopefully the ending won't lead to Mohinder being brought back to bore the shit out of us again.