Reload this Page >

Flash Forward -- "Gimme Some Truth" -- 10/22/09

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Flash Forward -- "Gimme Some Truth" -- 10/22/09

Old 10-22-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Flash Forward -- "Gimme Some Truth" -- 10/22/09

This episode was pretty weak. I had a hard time caring enough to pay attention to most of it. I got the juxt of it, but this is the first week since it premiered I decided to do some work on the computer while it was on. This episode really failed to have any compelling moments to me. All I am seeing that we are going to get for the next several episodes are a bunch of people whining about how they don't want to turn out like they did in their visions yet turn into the people they don't like. I don't see that really being that intriguing for the long haul.
Old 10-22-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Wow, I'm surprised by the responses. I thought this was one of the best episodes. I'm interested to learn if the lesbian girl will actually die. Proving that maybe they actually can change the future. Because if they can't, then why the hell are we watching it?
If it turns out that she dies, then I will change my opinion on this episode. And will watch more.
Old 10-22-09, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I kinda liked this episode. Though I still can't shake the fact that in every episode, I recognize a newcomer

in this episode:

Frank John Hughes (director of DHS on 24)
Navi Rawat (The OC)
and of course Peter Coyote
Old 10-22-09, 11:35 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Dominic Monaghan now joins the cast as a series regular.
And he was put to good use!
Old 10-22-09, 11:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Wow, I'm surprised by the responses. I thought this was one of the best episodes. I'm interested to learn if the lesbian girl will actually die.
The only thing for sure is you won't find out for a few weeks since this show refuses to address any cliffhanger the following week.

Lesbo Navi Rawat in the dress at the art show
Old 10-23-09, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought it was much better than the past episodes; I did like the montage although Guggenheim put himself in a bad spot having her shot. It would have been compelling if it was a secondary person.

The President's flashforward indicating he was alive and yet the new VP says she was being sworn in makes me wonder if the CIA director's line that the Chinese want to topple the Government wasn't a throwaway.
Old 10-23-09, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whoever decided that that song worked over the shootout should have their fucking head checked. It was so distracting completely took me out of the show (good thing they did it at the end then, I guess). Despite the poor music choices, I'm still in for a while, assuming they keep feeding the blackout mystery with interesting material, which they've been pretty good with so far.

I don't care much about the wife's flashforward, and I don't see how that is going to be compelling for any more than a few episodes from now. There is only so much tension you can eke out of that until it just gets dull and repetitive and it's getting very close to that now. Maybe the reveal that the autistic boy's father was involved will keep it going.
Old 10-23-09, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gmanca
I thought it was much better than the past episodes; I did like the montage although Guggenheim put himself in a bad spot having her shot. It would have been compelling if it was a secondary person.

The President's flashforward indicating he was alive and yet the new VP says she was being sworn in makes me wonder if the CIA director's line that the Chinese want to topple the Government wasn't a throwaway.

I'm guessing he resigns due to a scandal involving the woman and kid we saw in this episode. Where does Director of Homeland Security fall in the succession line?

What I dont like is that they havent shown anybody who has had a flash forward that won't come true. I find it hard to believe that nobody has intentionally tried to sabotage a flash forward.
Old 10-23-09, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My interest in this show has gone downhill so fast. The intriguing story is good for a few episodes, but it's all sort of pointless if none of the characters are worth caring about. None of them have any personality. I just don't give a shit what happens to any of them any more at this point.
Old 10-23-09, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Lesbians - that ought to kick up the ratings.

Last edited by Red Dog; 10-23-09 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-23-09, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Lesbians - that out to kick up the ratings.
If Heroes tried it, you know it's a hail mary.
Old 10-23-09, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm waiting for the obligatory comment (similar to what the early threads of Fringe had)

"I've given up on the show, but if I hear good word of mouth, then I may re-visit the show later on DVD and come back in season 2"
OK, count me in. Watching FlashForward costs me 40 minutes. Scrolling through a thread to see if the show is good takes 40 seconds.
Old 10-23-09, 09:32 AM

For whatever reason, I thought this episode was a big improvement over the last several episodes. I liked how congress pointed out how silly some of the FBI's tactics have been so far. It made it more realistic for me now that they don't have carte blanche to do whatever they want.

Overall I enjoyed it. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why shows feel the need to do the thing where they show the ending first followed by "40 hours earlier" and then tell the story up to that point. Battlestar Galatica was the worst offender of this and it hardly (if) ever enhances the story. It's just used as some sort of gimmick.
Old 10-23-09, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Palaver
I liked how congress pointed out how silly some of the FBI's tactics have been so far.
I found Congress pointing out the silliness ironic myself.
Old 10-23-09, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I found Congress pointing out the silliness ironic myself.
Well, there was that too. I just thought it was a nice touch that the show itself acknowledged that some aspects of the show aren't exactly grounded in the most sound logic.

Plus I like how it came out that Mark was drunk during his flash forward so maybe his visions shouldn't be held as the gospel that they have been up til now.
Old 10-23-09, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Palaver
Well, there was that too. I just thought it was a nice touch that the show itself acknowledged that some aspects of the show aren't exactly grounded in the most sound logic.

Plus I like how it came out that Mark was drunk during his flash forward so maybe his visions shouldn't be held as the gospel that they have been up til now.
I loved Courtney B. Vance's reaction to the guy fessing up to being drunk in his FF. It was like a shot of intentional overacting for a gag reel was accidentally used in the final cut.
Old 10-23-09, 12:42 PM
ATX

there was serious problems with that episode

writing was random

the lesbionics was random and didn't even look real

the best character was the actress who played the senator-bitch

vance's parts were off

everything was just written and edited badly

they must have been high than a bitch in that writers room when crafting this episode

even Navi couldn't save the eps
Old 10-23-09, 01:38 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I prefer Navi in Numbers. But damn, I could get used to her mugging down on another chick. Just wish the whole show could provide other forms of excitement. Seems they're already going on idle with the story.

Last edited by E Unit; 10-23-09 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-23-09, 02:34 PM

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Lesbians only work on Showtime.

When I thought that the episode was about over, I looked at the time and I was only 16 minutes in!!! So fucking boring. And that ending was the worst gunfight in television history!
Old 10-23-09, 02:45 PM

I am still in. One of the new shows this season I look forward to.
Old 10-23-09, 04:14 PM

I'm willing to forgive the shoddy editing and writing knowing that the show was written and filmed to be on HBO initially then was switched to ABC.

Also, I'm not sure where the negativity is coming from as I am still fully interested in the show. I believe holding every episodes to the standard of the first two where they had to setup the story is unfair. Just like in a movie there are set pieces that have to be set in order for the overall story to make sense and looked at as itself may not be interesting but as the plot plays out it makes more sense.

I had not watched a tv show weekly for over 5 years, but this one holds enough to keep me watching.

In summation: A++++ WILL WATCH AGAIN. L@@K!!!
Old 10-23-09, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 228 Likes on 133 Posts

Yeah, more lesbian Navi in hot outfits, and I'll watch even if the show is dubbed into Somali.
Old 10-23-09, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fine episode, I'm in for the long run.

I understand the complains and agree with some of them, but this is a new show, you have to let it grow on you if you like some parts of it. Remember Fringe last year, same with the Sarah Connors... although this was canceled at the end.

Right now the only show that I can remember that was really strong from the start is Lost, one of the best first seasons ever.
Old 10-23-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dont like when an episode starts with some shocking and confusing scene and then flashes back a day or two earlier and then catches up to the first scene. It's been done to death.
Old 10-23-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by belboz
My interest in this show has gone downhill so fast. The intriguing story is good for a few episodes, but it's all sort of pointless if none of the characters are worth caring about. None of them have any personality. I just don't give a shit what happens to any of them any more at this point.
My sentiments exactly. I can't help but compare this show to Lost, and I recall Lost hooked me with the pilot and kept me interested in every episode that followed because I actually cared about what happened to the characters.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.