Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Craig Ferguson Appreciation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-11, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: The Craig Ferguson Appreciation Thread

Fans of Ellie Kemper: Did you see her interview on Conan? She was telling about her bad temper; I'm now actually afraid of her.
Old 05-01-11, 03:11 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
Fans of Ellie Kemper: Did you see her interview on Conan? She was telling about her bad temper; I'm now actually afraid of her.
Was that the one where she talked about how somebody "cut her off" while she was walking down the street and she kicked the guy? And the whole thing about running away from Conan when she used to see him? Yeah, she was kinda scary in that interview.
Old 05-01-11, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sb5
Was that the one where she talked about how somebody "cut her off" while she was walking down the street and she kicked the guy? And the whole thing about running away from Conan when she used to see him? Yeah, she was kinda scary in that interview.
Yup that one..when she talked about how she hit her friend for spending some time with the other girl..thats when I realized she is dangerous.
Old 05-02-11, 01:22 AM

Can't wait to hear what Craig has to say tomorrow night. It's a great day for America indeed...
Old 05-02-11, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by spamurai
Can't wait to hear what Craig has to say tomorrow night. It's a great day for America indeed...

UPDATE

Craig just tweeted, "It is indeed a great day for America everybody. Yes it is."

Last edited by Travis McClain; 05-02-11 at 01:51 AM.
Old 05-02-11, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MinLShaw

UPDATE

Craig just tweeted, "It is indeed a great day for America everybody. Yes it is."
It's funny, when I first heard this news, the first minute, this was the first thing that popped into my head. Ferguson saying "It's a great day for America, everybody." Because truly, more so than any time in the past quarter century, it truly is a great day for America. I wonder how many other thousands of people had Ferguson's line pop into their heads upon hearing this news? I can't be the only one.
Old 05-02-11, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good lineup this week:

Monday: Mindy Kaling, Matt Lucas
Tuesday: Geoffrey Rush, comedian Reese Waters, music by OK Go
Wednesday: John Waters, Pauley Perrette
Thursday: Juliette Lewis, documentarian Phil Rosenthal
Friday: Will Ferrell, Olivia Munn
Old 05-03-11, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Big international news this weekend. The Royal Wedding! Yes! The Royal Wedding which was a terrific day. Oh, man. I was riveted. They kissed twice on the balcony to prove he's not gay." - Craig Ferguson

‎"The media has been going crazy with this, though. The left, MSNBC "President Obama saves the world!" and on thr right, Fox News "President Obama kills fellow muslim."" - Craig Ferguson

President Obama "All kidding aside we all know about your credentials and experience. In an episode of Celebrity Apprentice you fired Gary Busey and these are the kind of decisions that would keep me up at night." - Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
Old 05-04-11, 09:22 AM

Wavy "Who are you giant shoulder? Get outta here!" - Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

‎"Great Day for America. Another terrible day for Osama Bin Laden. He's not only dead but now his computer has been confiscated." - Craig Ferguson

‎"Doctor said my blood pressure was a bit high. I'm think a bit cause I had forgotten it was my medical today so on the way to the doctors I didn't do any fasting and on the way to the doctors I had a cup of coffee in the car and I had a conversation with my ex-wife on the phone. My blood pressure should've been through the fucking roof." - Craig Ferguson

‎"Commercials toughen the nipples." - Geoff Peterson

‎"Let's tweet this mothertweeter up!" - Geoff Peterson
Old 05-05-11, 08:38 AM

"I think Lady GaGa's right actually. I think you should probably love yourself and love who you are but I'm incapable of that so I'm just gonna stay hatin myself and be angry about it and it feels kind of comfortable." - Craig Ferguson

‎"It's a great day for America everybody! But it is yet another bad day for Osama Bin Laden. He's having a terrible week. First of all Sunday he was killed then yesterday his computer was confiscated and now the final insult; Elizabeth Hasselbeck of The View is writing a book about him." - Craig Ferguson

‎"I think the cab smell is actually caused by those magic tree air fresheners. That's what it is. They're not magic at all. They're not! They can't grant wishes. Oh, magic tree, oh magic tree can you make my cab smell like pee? Yes." - Craig Ferguson
Old 05-06-11, 08:55 AM

"Hi everybody! Wee hee!" - Craig Ferguson

‎"It's depressing sometimes when I come out here and I can see the utter hatred in your face. So you're the bastard who stopped us from getting into the Price is Right." - Craig Ferguson

‎"It's a very nice story in the news from England about a 93 year old woman and a 100 year old man who have become the worlds oldest newlyweds. Isn't that adorable? After a brief honeymoon the 2 plan to reside in heaven." - Craig Ferguson

‎"You can't have a black actor playing a Norris God. Why? Because why?! Because why?! Ever seen a Norris God? It may have been all brothers! How do you know?!" - Craig Ferguson
Old 05-07-11, 10:12 AM

"Craig, you're being cynical. Yes that right! I'm still fucking me!" - Craig Ferguson

‎"It's not always a good idea to give your kid a trendy name. I still haven't been forgiven by my 18 year old son Sir Mix-a-Lot." - Craig Ferguson
Old 05-08-11, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This week's lineup:

Monday: Jeff Goldblum, Sarah Chalke
Tuesday: Kenneth Branagh, author Edward Conlon
Wednesday: Tim Meadows, musician Colin Hay (Men at Work)
Thursday: Mary Lynn Rajskub, author Lawrence Block
Friday: Paul Reiser, Melissa McCarthy

Looks great!
Old 05-09-11, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking forward to Sarah Chalke & Colin Hay. I wasn't much of a fan of Hay until he was featured so prominently in Scrubs for an episode or two, but now I really like his music.
Old 05-09-11, 12:19 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Good line up this week!
Old 05-09-11, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
This week's lineup:

Monday: Jeff Goldblum, Sarah Chalke
Tuesday: Kenneth Branagh

Thursday: Mary Lynn Rajskub,

Also, Goldblum might be interesting.
Old 05-10-11, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Goldblum was great. Sarah Chalke was , as always.
Old 05-10-11, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I just watched the Will Ferrell interview and it was... meh. I was surprised that their personalities didn't click. He's usually hilarious on Letterman and Conan but they usually do more prepared bits. He seemed very uncomfortable with Craig's interview style. Disappointing...
Old 05-10-11, 04:43 AM

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun3000
I just watched the Will Ferrell interview and it was... meh. I was surprised that their personalities didn't click. He's usually hilarious on Letterman and Conan but they usually do more prepared bits. He seemed very uncomfortable with Craig's interview style. Disappointing...
Ferrell can be funny when he has something set up ahead of time, but when he's forced to ad lib and be himself, he's quite dull.

Goldblum on the other hand was very amusing (loved his Rosanna Arquette impersonation) and totally in sync with Craig.

Sarah Chalke was also fun, especially her Elayne Boosler robot dance.
Old 05-10-11, 08:57 AM

Hilarious interviews with Jeff Goldblum and Sarah Chalke.

Sid "Please don't applaud cause you don't know if it's any fucking good yet do ya?" - Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

‎"It's a great day for America everybody! Yes it is! Thanks completely impartial audience who would applaud even if it wasn't a great day for America but it is." - Craig Ferguson

‎"There's a lot of different kind of allergy medications but the only one brand that really works is the [hand over mouth]one that advertises on CBS.[hand over mouth]" - Craig Ferguson

‎"You know who I blame for this allergy stuff? Pollen. That's right pollen I'm calling you out bitch!" - Craig Ferguson
Old 05-11-11, 09:42 AM

"Regular viewers to this show or as I call them; people that don't have cable." - Craig Ferguson

‎"How long do we have to sit here until we get into the Price is Right?" - Craig Ferguson

‎"Call me sex ninja." - Geoff Peterson
Old 05-12-11, 09:12 AM

Hilarious interview with Tim Meadows.

"The last 2 nights the audience has sucked. Luckily though everything has been repaired with the best audience I have ever seen in my life! Or is it? Let's see how they cope with lame material. That'll be the true test." - Craig Ferguson

‎"Mel Gibson's new movie playing Cannes too. It's about a middle aged man who's so emotionally damaged he's only comfortable interacting with a hand puppet. It's called The Craig Ferguson Story." - Craig Ferguson

‎"Yippie-ki-yay mothertweeter." - Geoff Peterson
Old 05-14-11, 09:26 AM

Sid "You know what's happening tonight? Is that Ferguson hasn't turned up yet. He's still probably doing some of that weird shit he does in his basement. Oh, no wait! This show is the weird shit he does in his basement." - Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

‎"Your genuine warmth and enthusiasm has melted my cold Scottish heart and turned me into an optimistic perky douchebag!" - Craig Ferguson

‎"It's Friday the 13th today so I'm obligated to give you my usual warning. If you're a sexy teen camping out by a lake tonight and you think you see a guy in a hockey mask lurking in the bushes don't worry it's probably nothing. Go back to making out in that flimsy little tent. Slower. Toughened your nipples didn't it." - Craig Ferguson

"I was always told if you can't be funny be creepy." - Craig Ferguson
Old 05-16-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This week's lineup:

Monday: Geoff Peterson (!), Simon Helberg
Tuesday: Betty White, Patton Oswalt
Wednesday: Julie Andrews, music by Little Big Town
Thursday: Tony Shalhoub, author Sloane Crosby
Friday: Carrie Fisher
Old 05-16-11, 02:54 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

urgh Betty White

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.