Desperate Housewives -- "Being Alive" -- 10/04/09

Old 10-04-09, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "Being Alive" -- 10/04/09

Desperate Housewives

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The Bolens face suspicion on Wisteria Lane. Meanwhile, Lynette keeps a secret from Susan; Gaby gives her niece Ana (Maiara Walsh) tips on how to get a guy to notice her; Bree's concerned about the effect of her affair with Karl on Susan; and Angie Bolen (Drea de Matteo) is determined to protect her son Danny (Beau Mirchoff) and the family's dark past.

Interested to see where they go with the new neighbors. I hope they don't waste Dana Delany this season.
Old 10-04-09, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Desperate Housewives -- "Being Alive" -- 10/04/09

After lasgt weeks, I have decided that was it for me.
How far this show has fallen.
Old 10-04-09, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I kind of understand what your saying. But, for me, I already have committed 6 years to this show, so I want to see how it ends. I don't drop stuff this far into it.

Plus, Marc Cherry has mentioned that he always planned a 7-year story arc for this show. So, I assume that he plans to make next season the final season.
Old 10-04-09, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riley_dude
After lasgt weeks, I have decided that was it for me.
How far this show has fallen.
I just don't understand. Why would last weeks episode make you decide to give up on this show? It was a pretty good episode, and the show hasn't "fallen". It is consistently good. I mean, it's your choice, but, I don't understand it. By the way, Marc Cherry has said that he intends to go eight to nine years, now.
Old 10-04-09, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I just don't understand. Why would last weeks episode make you decide to give up on this show? It was a pretty good episode, and the show hasn't "fallen". It is consistently good. I mean, it's your choice, but, I don't understand it. By the way, Marc Cherry has said that he intends to go eight to nine years, now.
Originally Cherry had said a 5 year show but, like many show, it becomes a hit and the network pays the creator more money. This show is showing it's age as the stories get more absurd every year and the characters less and less likable.
I was on the fence at the end of last season but it is clear with the storylines that they don't really know what to do with the characters. Katherine's character was a strong Woman when she came on. Now she is a stalker. It's sad. Back to the drawing board for Lynette who is saddled with another baby storyline. Bree, having an affair. Wooo. Gabby is going to look out for the young girl who doesn't feel she was loved and Susan, back with Mike. Been there, done that.
They are going through the motions.
Old 10-05-09, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't agree they are going through the motions. However, to each their own. I thought tonight was another solid episode, and already the mystery is kicking into high gear. Next week looks like it's going to be an explosion!
Old 10-05-09, 08:19 AM
Cool New Member

Anyone have any ideas on who hurt Julie? At first, I was pretty sure it was Danny's dad. Now I'm beginning to think it might be the girl that is staying with Gabby and Carlos ( forgot her name ). Decent ep last night.
Old 10-05-09, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Originally Cherry had said a 5 year show but, like many show, it becomes a hit and the network pays the creator more money. This show is showing it's age as the stories get more absurd every year and the characters less and less likable.
I was on the fence at the end of last season but it is clear with the storylines that they don't really know what to do with the characters. Katherine's character was a strong Woman when she came on. Now she is a stalker. It's sad. Back to the drawing board for Lynette who is saddled with another baby storyline. Bree, having an affair. Wooo. Gabby is going to look out for the young girl who doesn't feel she was loved and Susan, back with Mike. Been there, done that.
They are going through the motions.
i hear what you're saying.

i really don't like where they're going with katherine and lynette's storylines.

but i'm intrigued with this season's "mystery" so i inted to keep watching.
Old 10-05-09, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pezcore
Anyone have any ideas on who hurt Julie? At first, I was pretty sure it was Danny's dad. Now I'm beginning to think it might be the girl that is staying with Gabby and Carlos ( forgot her name ). Decent ep last night.
I think it may be her also. They are making it seem like everyone thinks the new kid on the block did it but that would be too obvious. Or maybe they have Katherine going really crazy this season....
Old 10-05-09, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I can see why people are having problems with the direction of the show. I don't care at all for them making Katherine a nutjob and there's nothing really special about the other storylines.
Old 10-05-09, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was thinking it was Katherine
Old 10-06-09, 05:47 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm a bit over the new family who moves in is evil. Has happened too many times before

There better be some kind of twist this season. IF they are evil, at least they got to that point pretty quickly. Really hated the Dave drawn out drama from last season
Old 10-06-09, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was Danny's dad at first too, but now I'm thinking maybe it was his mom. Especially after her "I got your back" speech to him in this episode which, for some reason, seemed kinda creepy.

Rob