NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) --- Series Discussion Thread

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) --- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-16, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) --- Series Discussion Thread

or they have kinky threeways

I'm slowly getting caught up on this season. Hetty giving Tony the Gibbs head smack was hilarious even though I saw it coming
Old 05-18-16, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

The move to a Sunday death slot next season suggests CBS is ready to wrap up this show.
Old 05-19-16, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

I'm still watching. Have the Sunday ratings been terrible?
Old 05-19-16, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by lisadoris
I'm still watching. Have the Sunday ratings been terrible?
(On a more general tangent).

For just about every ota tv network which is completely dependent on advertising revenue, Sunday nights have become another "Friday night death slot" over the past 10+ years or so (or longer).

Basically Sunday nights becoming a second "garbage dump" for shows to die and/or to run their course and getting enough episodes for off-network syndication reruns.

On CBS in recent years, Sunday evenings have been the "toilet" for declining shows like:

2015-2016
- CSI Cyber (season 2)
- (midseason) Elementary (last several episodes of season 4)

2014-2015
- CSI (final season 15)
- (midseason "filler") The Mentalist (final season 7)

2013-2014
- The Mentalist (season 6)

2012-2013
- The Mentalist (season 5)

2011-2012
- CSI: Miami (final season 10)

2010-2011
- CSI: Miami (season 9)

The big exception over this time period is The Good Wife, which was on Sunday nights for seasons 3 to 7 on CBS. There must be another reason why The Good Wife wasn't a Sunday night "garbage dump" show, such as possibly advertising demographics? (ie. Were more rich upperclass people watching this show? )
Old 01-19-17, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/miguel-ferr...211527976.html

Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ and ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61

Miguel Ferrer, who had played Owen Granger on NCIS: Los Angeles since 2012 and co-starred with Jill Hennessy on CBS’ Crossing Jordan, died today of cancer. He was 61.

The son of late actor Jose Ferrer, he also was to reprise his role as FBI Agent Albert Rosenfeld on David Lynch’s revival Twin Peaks on Showtime.

Ferrer launched his career in the early 1980s with small guest shots on such series as Magnum, P.I., CHiPS and Cagney & Lacey and features including Heartbreaker, RoboCop, The Man Who Wasn’t There and Star Trek: III: The Search for Spock. He would go on to focus mostly on TV throughout that decade before landing the Twin Peaks role in 1990.

The Santa Monica native toplined the short-lived Stephen J. Cannell-creator cop drama Broken Badges in 1991 and also starred in Lynch’s 1950s romp On the Air the following year. He appeared in a number of features during the 1990s but continued to star on short-run TV series including Fallen Angels and Al Franken’s LateLine.

In 2001, Ferrer landed a role in the NBC drama Crossing Jordan, starring opposite Hennessy’s Boston medical examiner. The show was among the top 20 in the year-end ratings for 2001-02 and remained on the air until 2007.

After that series wrapped, Ferrer starred opposite Michelle Ryan in Bionic Woman, which lasted nine episodes, co-starred with Ally Walker and Tisha Campbell-Martin in the LAPD drama The Protector in 2011. But his next role would be his biggest.

In 2012, Ferrer joined the cast of CBS’ popular spinoff NCIS: Los Angeles, opposite Chris O’Donnell, LL Cool J, Linda Hunt and others. He came in early on as the assistant director of NCIS and at first was a hard-as-nails unpleasant sort to the team. But during the course of the ensuing seasons, his Owen Granger warmed up to them and became a friend. There has been an ongoing mole-hunt storyline in the current eighth season of NCIS: LA, and Granger was stabbed while in police custody in the most recent episode that aired Sunday.

Ferrer is survived by his wife Lori, sons Lukas and Rafi and his brothers and sisters
Old 01-19-17, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Ferrer and the writers had a discussion because they wrote his illness into the show. Very sad.
Old 01-19-17, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I think Ferrer and the writers had a discussion because they wrote his illness into the show. Very sad.
His character was stabbed in the 1st part of a 2 parter this week. Where they going to write his character off the show?
Old 01-19-17, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

He was looking thin and wasted on the show (now we know why) but i don't recall Granger being sick in show. The characters paid no attention to his appearance.
Old 01-19-17, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They have been dropping hints in a few episodes. There was one scene when Heady asked him about his health and asked him why he was in the office. The conversation strongly hinted that he was being treated for something serious. In another episode Heady told the team Granger was out sick and everyone looked puzzled because the character was never sick. I think they were leaving the door open should Ferrer have to take a leave of absence. they were blink and you'd miss it moments but because he wasn't looking well, I noticed.

I'd guess stabbing thing was probably a way to write him off the show either temporarily so he could continue treatment or permanently should the worst happen.
Old 01-20-17, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Miguel Ferrer still has additional episodes in the can on NCIS: Los Angeles: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/561...-thread-7.html

I’ve learned that Ferrer filmed several additional episodes of the show before his death. The series’ writers are currently discussing how to wrap Granger’s storyline. (NCIS: LA star LL Cool J had previously said that a character would die this season.) Ferrer joined NCIS: LA as a recurring in Season 3 and was promoted to regular at the beginning of Season 5.
Old 10-01-17, 06:33 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

SAM IS ADAMANT THAT CALLEN FIND A NEW PARTNER AND THE TEAM MEET THEIR NEW BOSS, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SHAY MOSLEY, ON THE NINTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "NCIS: LOS ANGELES," SUNDAY, OCT. 1

Nia Long Joins the Cast as Executive Director Shay Mosley

"Party Crashers" - After Hetty turns in retirement papers and then disappears, Executive Assistant Director Shay Mosley (Nia Long)
arrives in Los Angeles to oversee the team and immediately makes staffing changes. Also, still mourning the death of his wife and living in a trailer on the beach, Sam is adamant that Callen find a new partner, on the ninth season premiere of NCIS: LOS ANGELES, Sunday, Oct. 1 (9:30-10:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Chris O'Donnell (Special Agent G. Callen)
LL COOL J (Special Agent Sam Hanna)
Linda Hunt (Henrietta "Hetty" Lange)
Daniela Ruah (Special Agent Kensi Blye)
Eric Christian Olsen (LAPD Detective Marty Deeks)
Barrett Foa (Tech Operator Eric Beale)
Renée Felice Smith (Intelligence Analyst Nell Jones)
Nia Long (Executive Assistant Director Shay Mosley)

RECURRING CAST:

Andrea Bordeaux (NCIS Special Agent Harley Hidoko)

GUEST CAST:

Patrick. St. Espirit (LAPD Lieutenant Roger Bates)
Pamela Reed (Roberta Deeks)
Long Nguyen (Dang)
Tro Shaw (Manager)
Tony Curtis Blondell (Guy)

WRITTEN BY: R. Scott Gemmill

DIRECTED BY: John P. Kousakis
Old 10-02-17, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since I paid $20 to watch Star Trek on the CBS app, I no longer have to worry about padding the DVR to record this.
Old 10-02-17, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Since I paid $20 to watch Star Trek on the CBS app, I no longer have to worry about padding the DVR to record this.
Why did you have to pay $20? We are only paying $10...
Old 10-02-17, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oops, that should read $10. It just feels like 20!

I like Nia Long's character and her assistant is a hoot too.
Old 10-03-17, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Good to have the whole team back together. It was obvious that Sam leaving the team would only be temporary.

I'm curious what Hetty is up to.

I when Deeks caught his Mom with her younger lover and it grossed him out.

Nia Long's character and her Assistant felt kind of out of place to me. Their interactions with the team felt kind of off. I know it's going to take a little time for her to gel with everyone.

I know when Miguel Ferrer initially started on the show as Granger, he was really out of place. I'm glad that he's in a better place now and not in pain anymore. It was really painful watching him work in the last 2 seasons with his cancer getting worse and slowly killing him. He was losing so much weight and could barely talk.
Old 10-17-17, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.

finally going through last season. My god the Kinsey stuff is horrible. Did she not want much screen time or were the producers setting up writing her off the show or something?
Old 10-17-17, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mikehunt
finally going through last season. My god the Kinsey stuff is horrible. Did she not want much screen time or were the producers setting up writing her off the show or something?
Because she was pregnant with her second child last season and they had to write a storyline around it.

And for the record, it’s Kensi.
Old 10-17-17, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

thanks, that explains it. Wish they had found another way to handle it though.

Nice they brought AJ in
We need more JAG references

Last edited by mikehunt; 11-05-17 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-13-17, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is the awful macroblocking during the opening credits deliberate or another insult delivered by Comcast?
Old 11-14-17, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I usually fast forward through the credits so I did not notice anything. With last night's episode, can we hope that the Kensi and Deeks relationship is on its way out?
Old 11-19-18, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

I know not many here watch NCIS LA regularly, but if you do, you've probably noticed that Hetty has been MIA.

https://tvline.com/2018/11/19/ncis-l...64ydnqnOQMyH-A

She was injured in a car accident over the summer and is still recovering.

I know she's an OG cast member, but I've actually liked the show without her. She had that big arc last season when she went to Vietnam and was missing on most of the last half of last season as well.
Old 11-19-18, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts

Ah, is that why she's been missing?

Wife and I still watch but mostly out of habit at this point. Usually watch it Sunday morning before we get backed up to two episodes Sunday night.
Old 11-19-18, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I remember hearing about the accident and assumed that's why Hetty was gone. I kinda miss Nia Long and hope she comes back but who doesn't love Esai Morales.
Old 03-18-19, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hetty made her triumphant return last night and she did it by deliberately crashing a car into a building. That's one way to do it.
Old 03-30-19, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk God

David James Elliott to return as Harm from JAG for final 2 episodes of this season. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...RsBXiMgXNDwJ5Q

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.