Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) --- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: NCIS Los Angeles 4/6/10

Dom is missing and there is no clues to his whereabouts. Shane Brennan just decided to write him out and leave his storyline as a running arc.
Old 04-08-10, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like the new guy, he's kinda goofy looking.
Old 04-09-10, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dom was kidnapped and never found in episode 13. Later episodes made reference to his disappearance, with some of the characters even being upset that it wasn't being made a bigger deal to find him, and refusing to look at replacement candidates.

The new guy may be kinda goofy looking, but even in this episode he was much less annoying than Dom always was. While everyone else settled into their characters, he just never seemed to get beyond fake, annoying, and trying to hard to me.
Old 04-09-10, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

I guess I'm the only person that liked Dom. Hopefully they'll wrap up his storyline at the end of the season. The new guy doesn't do anything for me but it's his first episode so maybe he'll grow on me.
Old 05-04-10, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk God

NCIS: Los Angeles -- "Found" -- 05/04/10

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The NCIS team races to save one of their own when they receive video evidence of Special Agent Dominic Vail being held hostage months after he was kidnapped.

Okay, Is anyone here watching NCIS: LA? I know there is a few of you here. I'm all caught up with this show and have really enjoyed it alot. I have actually been enjoying this a little more than NCIS.

This episode is the conclusion of the Agent Dom Vail kidnapping storyline which aired last winter. Thought this might be worthy of bringing up even though most of you will be watching and bitching about Lost.
Old 05-04-10, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: NCIS: Los Angeles -- "Found" -- 05/04/10

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Lcg6wC9iw0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Lcg6wC9iw0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Looks like a badass episode.
Old 05-04-10, 08:23 PM

I'm looking forward to this storyline concluding. I'll be glad to (I hope) see and hear the last of Dom.

I know not everybody likes him, but I like the new detective a lot more after just 1 1/2 episodes than I ever liked Dom.
Old 05-04-10, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Watched Lost instead, but will catch up with this maybe on Friday...
Old 05-05-10, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

just started it, didn't read any of the posts
looks like my wish from a few weeks ago's thread was answered
Old 05-08-10, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk God

From an action standpoint, this was probably one of the best NCIS: LA episodes this season. There was a great shootout at the end. I also enjoyed the twist at the end that Dom never actually left LA and was being held captive in some abandoned building.

But, from a dramatic standpoint, it fell flat for me because noone gives a shit about Dom, especially for a show in it's 1st season. Was I really supposed to feel sad that he died at the end? Not a chance. This is the kind of episode you put together in season 5 or 6 when LL Cool J or Chris O'Donnell wants to leave the show and then you may kill them off with a story like this. Anyways, I'm glad this arc is over with and the show can move forward.
Old 05-08-10, 11:28 AM

Dom was kind of a boring character. I like the liaison guy much better. Any chance he'll become a regular?
Old 05-09-10, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I enjoy watching this and the original each week. In fact I havent missed an episode of either, yet. But somehow I missed the any promos for this weeks show, so I had no idea Dom was returning. In fact I didnt even recognize him when we first saw him. In my opinion they waited too long to finish that story arc. I would say that many viewers had already moved on from Dom and forgotten about him, to the point that his wasnt really shocking. Last week, Dom wasnt on teh show, next week he wont be either. Nothing really changed. I actually really like Eric Christian Olsen. He's been good in a bunch of stuff, most notable for me were Tru Calling, Not Another Teen Movie, Beerfest, and Community. I am looking forward to seeing how he is going to gel with this team, now that Dom is no longer simply MIA.
Old 05-25-10, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk God

NCIS: Los Angeles -- Season Finale -- "Callen, G" -- 05/25/10

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Callen races against a ruthless adversary to locate a woman who knows the whereabouts of a forgotten fortune earmarked to fund a new war in the Middle East - and also holds the tantalizing key to his unknown past.

DIRECTED BY: Tony Wharmby

WRITTEN BY: Shane Brennan

Hopefully we will find out "What the hell does G stand for?"

Overall, this show was fun. Not one of my favorites, but a good and more serious companion to the wackiness of NCIS.
Old 05-30-10, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: NCIS: Los Angeles -- Season Finale -- "Callen, G" -- 05/25/10

Okay, I watched this episode tonight. Not a great season finale for an otherwise pretty good debut season for this show.

The last 2 episodes including this one were really confusing for me. I'm not sure I quite understand the deal with Callen. He's a foster kid and moved to 37 different homes and has no idea what the "G" in his 1st name stands for? Does he have some kind of amnesia like Jason Bourne? And he's being watched?

The episode before this one had something to do with him getting burned and his identity being compromised. What? This isn't Burn Notice and Callen isn't James Bond.

I'm not sure I like or even really understand this "G Callen" mystery arc they have created.
Old 05-30-10, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: NCIS: Los Angeles -- Season Finale -- "Callen, G" -- 05/25/10

As confusing as it sounds, I think you have it right. I had initially assumed that Callen was put into the foster care system as an infant and somewhere along the line, either his first name wasn't provided or it get lost in the bureaucracy shuffle. This episode killed that theory so I haven't a clue how his first name was misplaced.

As for him being burned, my assumption is that since they do so much undercover work, having their true ID out in the world would pose a huge problem.
Old 09-21-10, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk God

NCIS: Los Angeles -- Season Premiere -- "Human Traffic/Black Widow" -- 9/21/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-21

Synopsis for episode 1:

Spoiler:
In the second-season opener, an agent vanishes while on an assignment, and the team, along with new liaison Marty Deeks (Eric Christian Olsen), works with the LAPD in a case involving human trafficking in order to find the agent.

Synopsis for episode 2:

Spoiler:
An agent is killed by a secret hit squad, and the team works quickly before another agent is murdered.

Eric Christian Olsen, who was introduced late last season as the LAPD liason Marty Deeks is now a series regular.

The Good Wife premieres next week and will take back the 10pm timeslot.
Old 09-21-10, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: NCIS: Los Angeles -- Season Premiere -- "Human Traffic/Black Widow" -- 9/21/10

I'm assuming the
Spoiler:
dead agent
is not a series regular.
Old 09-21-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: NCIS: Los Angeles -- Season Premiere -- "Human Traffic/Black Widow" -- 9/21/10

Originally Posted by aintnosin
I'm assuming the
Spoiler:
dead agent
is not a series regular.
You mean Dom?

He's sooooo dead. Olson was essentially brought in to replace him.
Old 09-22-10, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Watched both episodes.

Episode 1:

Wasn't crazy about it. They went into the G Callen mystery arc from last season once again and for some reason I'm just not getting it. So G was a foster child and has some kind of amnesia and doesn't remember his 1st name? Deeks undercover operation with the Russians with pretty boring for the most part.

The opening of the show, which turned out to be a fricking dream, was kind of cool especially with the Parkour.

Episode 2:

I liked this episode alot more. I think NCIS LA is at it's best without attempting to do some kind of long form arc. This one was compelling with the reformed suicide bomber turned housewife who was being targeted by her former crew. The shootout at the end was pretty badass.
Old 09-22-10, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.

what's up with Kensy's right eye? a few times it looked off but at the end it really made me go WTF? first time I've watched in full HD so I hadn't noticed before

edit: changed it to a thumbnail, click for full res
Old 09-22-10, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Daniela Ruah (Kensi) has a birth mark on her right eye. She's really hot, but her right eye is so distracting.
Old 09-22-10, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

guess I just missed it before now then, oh the things you see with HD
I was thinking she got beat up or something during the filming break
Old 09-22-10, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Haven't watched the second episode yet but the first one was ok. Mad props to the stunt person for that opening chase. I still don't care for Deeks so his undercover op wasn't compelling at all.
Old 09-22-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I guess I never noticed Kensi's eyes before... Must have been focused on something else.
Old 09-22-10, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Haven't watched the second episode yet but the first one was ok. Mad props to the stunt person for that opening chase. I still don't care for Deeks so his undercover op wasn't compelling at all.
I was going to say the same thing. That was the best part of the first ep.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.