Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hoarders (Mondays on A&E)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-11, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hoarders (Mondays on A&E)

Last night's episode with crazy bunny man and the god awful, sorry excuse for a person animal abusing Hanna was just a bit too much to take. I am still upset about the episode and wondering maybe if I should just give the show up. Some of these folks make heroin addicts look like they have a chance.

I am also really upset about the crew sending away animal control from Hanna's place early in the episode. Her issues were way over their heads and they had no business keeping animal control out of there for a single second.

What a horrible thing to witness. I should've watched any other show in the world.
Old 01-04-11, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wasn't quite as bothered by it as the above poster, but man, both parties shown last night were some of the most ridiculous I've seen on the show to date. Just their attitude and general ****y-ness alone.
Old 01-04-11, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

This show is like a train wreck. I know I shouldn't watch, but I just can't help it.

There is something comically ironic about an animal hoarder who keeps rabbits though.
Old 01-11-11, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Damfino
This show is like a train wreck. I know I shouldn't watch, but I just can't help it.

There is something comically ironic about an animal hoarder who keeps rabbits though.
Update for last night's episode: OK, I take it back, hoarding rabbits seems normal when compared with hoarding rats! The cringe factor alone had me thinking of the Willard and Ben movies. How can the show possibly top this?
Old 01-11-11, 02:08 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I felt bad for the guy with the rats. At least, he seemed to be aware that he had a problem and he didn't argue with the therapist, unlike the cat lady.
Old 01-11-11, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A buddy of mine's parents were on the show in December. His mother was the doll collector. She had thousands of dolls and other collectables. Years ago he used to tell me how there was no room in the house to sit down and his father had to go out to the garage to watch TV. He tried throwing out some magazines one time and she changed the locks on him.
Old 01-12-11, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last week I picked up Season 2 on iTunes for $9.99 (I don't get A&E). It's a fascinating show though I doubt that many of the people stay "clean".
Old 01-12-11, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Update for last night's episode: OK, I take it back, hoarding rabbits seems normal when compared with hoarding rats! The cringe factor alone had me thinking of the Willard and Ben movies. How can the show possibly top this?
i sure hope the rats were in cages!
Old 01-12-11, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The episodes that are hard for me to watch involve people who hoard cats and there's cat crap all over the place.....and you just know the house reeks of cat urine.
Old 01-12-11, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by chino77
i sure hope the rats were in cages!
Nope. They were in the walls and the couch and the mattress and the drawers...

He said he had to move out of the house when they started pulling his hair out as he slept! Also, that they lick anywhere there is moisture like lips and eyeballs!
Old 01-12-11, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
The episodes that are hard for me to watch involve people who hoard cats and there's cat crap all over the place.....and you just know the house reeks of cat urine.
Not to mention when they find dead cats under the hoard.
Old 01-12-11, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
This week there was a cat hoarder and a rat hoarder. The cat hoarder seemed normal by comparison even though she had about 40 cats, but that's nothing compared to the estimated 2500 rats that had taken over an entire house and the guy loved them as if they were his children!
Old 01-12-11, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This week there was a cat hoarder and a rat hoarder. The cat hoarder seemed normal by comparison even though she had about 40 cats, but that's nothing compared to the estimated 2500 rats that had taken over an entire house and the guy loved them as if they were his children!
Old 01-12-11, 04:25 PM

good lord!
Old 01-12-11, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
Last week I picked up Season 2 on iTunes for $9.99 (I don't get A&E). It's a fascinating show though I doubt that many of the people stay "clean".
My buddy said he went over to his parents a few weeks after the cleaning and there was already a big pile of clothes on the floor
Old 01-12-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

I think the thing about this show that aggravates me the most is the lack of consequences. This stupid cat bitch acts like a prima donna, refuses to even begin the process, yet gets to stay in her filthy daddy-paid-for house with her poor unfortunate cats. Where's adult protective services? Animal control? I want to see her ass on the curb by the end credits!
Old 01-12-11, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Really? At least the rat guy was willing to own up to his problem (with very little resistance) and seek help while the cat lady didn't want any part of it and acted as if it was other people's faults and that they are coming after her for no good reason. Remember, that cat feces filled house (and crap filled yard) was in her father's name. If the city comes in and lays down fines, it's his money - and property value – on the line.
Old 01-12-11, 05:25 PM

so is the rat episode the newest one?
Old 01-12-11, 05:36 PM

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by chino77
so is the rat episode the newest one?
Yep, the season finale.
Old 01-12-11, 07:07 PM

You know your show is a mess when a guy who lives with rats is one of the most sympathetic people you have ever featured. As nightmare inducing as rats LICKING YOUR EYES when you sleep is, I felt bad for him.

Originally Posted by Eddie W
I think the thing about this show that aggravates me the most is the lack of consequences. This stupid cat bitch acts like a prima donna, refuses to even begin the process, yet gets to stay in her filthy daddy-paid-for house with her poor unfortunate cats. Where's adult protective services? Animal control? I want to see her ass on the curb by the end credits!
Agreed one hundred percent.

Last edited by onebyone; 01-12-11 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-12-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was sick to my stomach watching the man and his rats. I can't believe people live like that. It's so insane!!
Old 01-12-11, 10:56 PM

This season of Hoarders was pretty crazy. In the season finale I wanted to slap the spoiled cat lady. I felt bad for the rat guy Glen. He seemed to have been suffering from depression and needed grief counseling. I liked him a lot more than crazy Hanna from the previous episode.
Old 01-13-11, 12:01 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Strafe
Nope. They were in the walls and the couch and the mattress and the drawers...

He said he had to move out of the house when they started pulling his hair out as he slept! Also, that they lick anywhere there is moisture like lips and eyeballs!
okay now that's downright revolting. I'm gonna have nightmares now.
Old 01-13-11, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Not to mention when they find dead cats under the hoard.
From Season 2, Episode 1:
Cat #1

Cat #2

and this is from Episode 2 - this lady had so much stuff in her bathroom that she couldn't use the toilet anymore, so she just used adult diapers and would toss them around the house. Here they are in the bathroom:

(thumbnail due to the size)

Last edited by Heat; 01-13-11 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-13-11, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
and this is from Episode 2 - this lady had so much stuff in her bathroom that she couldn't use the toilet anymore, so she just used adult diapers and would toss them around the house. Here they are in the bathroom:

(thumbnail due to the size)
I wonder if the people at work got suspicious when she would say how much of a relief it was to have a toilet around that didn't have boxes piled on top of it?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.