Search this Thread

Old 08-05-09, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Dark Blue -- "K-Town" -- 8/5/09

Dark Blue

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Ty and Dean team up to crush a rough-hewn Korean mob boss, but tension grows between the two undercover men when Ty works cautiously and Dean adopts a rash, less careful approach.

If any of you are wondering, K-Town is what they refer to as Korea Town here in Southern California.

Ratings-wise, this is hovering around 3M viewers a week. The last few episodes have been really good. I'm a little disappointed that this isn't doing better, but I understand that alot of Leverage fans aren't fans of a Dark police drama.
Old 08-06-09, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dark Blue -- "K-Town" -- 8/5/09

Thought the episode was pretty good and entertaining... there still seem to be some plot holes for a theoretically experienced UC team: (spoilered for the DVR crowd who may not have seen it yet)

Spoiler:

- They pay counterfeiters with counterfeit money and don't expect problems doing this?
- After blowing the first meeting and disrespecting the boss, they seemed to get a 2nd bite at the apple rather easily (even with the blackmail angle)
- Did the UC seriously think they were going to show the printing press to someone they just met? (When they agree to this so easily - that didn't set off any alarm bells?)

Just wish the writing would be a little 'smarter' (for lack of a better word), the overall story, plot and characters are pretty good though.
Old 08-07-09, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought this was a pretty good episode. But, I do agree with wirefan's points.

It was cool seeing Smith Cho (Elsa) again from Knight Rider.

Not surprised at all to see Jaimie and Dean hook up after the last episode.

Any of you notice that Carter (McDermott) has really been scaled back to more of a supporting character since the Pilot. It seems like Logan Marshall-Green has been getting the majority of the screen time.

I think the show has done a pretty decent job developing Ty, Jaimie and Dean's characters. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out.
Old 08-07-09, 04:22 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

how is this doing in the ratings? any word? I have all 4 eps sitting unwatched in my tivo... I just never seem too jazzed about watching it... so I'm basically on the fence...
Old 08-07-09, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk God

It's doing okay. Around 3M viewers a week (and yes 3M is good for cable)

Let me ask you, are you/were you even remotely interested in watching this? Because if you DVR'd this just for the sake of DVR'ing it and are letting the episodes build up, then I think you probably weren't really that interested from the start.

I personally like the show and if you read some of the comments from the last couple of episode threads, the consensus is that the show is pretty good and is getting better since the Pilot (if you like cop shows)

Last edited by DJariya; 08-07-09 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-07-09, 05:29 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
It's doing okay. Around 3M viewers a week (and yes 3M is good for cable)

Let me ask you, are you/were you even remotely interested in watching this? Because if you DVR'd this just for the sake of DVR'ing it and are letting the episodes build up, then I think you probably weren't really that interested from the start.

I personally like the show and if you read some of the comments from the last couple of episode threads, the consensus is that the show is pretty good and is getting better since the Pilot (if you like cop shows)
well, loved "The Shield"... love "Sons of Anarchy", "Leverage", and "Burn Notice". I heard about the show starting, thought I'd give it a shot even tho I'm not jonesing to get into yet another cop show... but from the previews it looks rather slick, and thought I'd give it a shot, but always find myself reaching for something else to watch... I guess that's telling in itself... any idea how many episodes it is slated to run?
Old 08-07-09, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk God

10 episodes. There are 6 more left. TNT usually only orders 10 episodes for rookie shows. If it gets renewed, it will probably get 13.

All I will say is the production value for a relatively low budget cable show is pretty damn good. The show has a very cinematic movie-like quality. As far as the style of the show goes, it's very similar to Miami Vice (feature film) and Heat.