Reload this Page >

Penn & Teller Bull****: Organic Foods - 07/30/09

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Penn & Teller Bull****: Organic Foods - 07/30/09

Old 08-03-09, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Penn & Teller Bull****: Organic Foods - 07/30/09

Originally Posted by Groucho
I've read that our tap water contains the same dangerous combination of elements that destroyed the Hindenburg!
rofl

Oh no, I am drinking some water right now. Don't light a match!!
Old 08-03-09, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Penn & Teller Bull****: Organic Foods - 07/30/09

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
- Most of the hippies who took the blind taste test thought the non-organic stuff tasted better

- The organic stuff still uses pesticides, they just use "natural" pesticides. The synthetic pesticides are actually better for you, since they have improved so much over the years

- Most organic stuff comes from huge farms or from overseas (China) not from mom-and-pop farms

- If everything was organic, we would not be able to produce anywhere near as much food as we do now, because it takes far more land to grow organic crops, thus billions of people would starve.

- Organic food doesn't have any more nutrients than non-organic food
i've heard in asian countries they use antibiotics that are illegal in the US. haven't done it in a while, but a few years ago i was sick and decided to hit the local chineese takeout place under the theory they buy meat from asia.

it made me sweat and the next day I was fine. i'm a little sick now as well and lately i've gone to the local thai place and ask for 2 soups extra spicy. Tom yum and chicken won ton

Whole Foods carries a lot of veggies from Mexico and i've noticed that even the organic tomatoes and red peppers have a waxy feel to them, probably due to pesticides. i don't buy them and usually opt for Long Island or greenhouse grown tomatoes