DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Official Big Brother After Dark (SHO TOO) starts 07/09/09 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/557924-official-big-brother-after-dark-sho-too-starts-07-09-09-a.html)

mrpayroll 07-09-09 12:27 PM

The Official Big Brother After Dark (SHO TOO) starts 07/09/09

It starts at 9 pm PST (yeah!) or 12 am EST (boo!)

Well, I'm hoping for some fireworks along the line of Evil Dick's season a couple of years back. It remains to be seen.

Chris

Bluelitespecial 07-09-09 12:43 PM

Re: The Official Big Brother After Dark (SHO TOO) starts 07/09/09

I can watch BBAD for the first time in all my years of watching BB, I hope its worth the price of cable.

joefrog91 07-09-09 01:00 PM

Everytime I watched, a couple of the people would be outside just talking. Sometimes it was smack about the others, but nothing outrageous.

mrpayroll 07-09-09 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 9558146)
I can watch BBAD for the first time in all my years of watching BB, I hope its worth the price of cable.

It is one of the reasons that I have Showtime, that, plus the occasional boxing matches.

Chris

Phod 07-09-09 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by joefrog91 (Post 9558214)
Everytime I watched, a couple of the people would be outside just talking. Sometimes it was smack about the others, but nothing outrageous.

You must have missed the Pool Orgy.

mrpayroll 07-09-09 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Phod (Post 9558283)

I still have my DVD copy of that one! ;)

Chris

dino88 07-09-09 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Phod (Post 9558283)

Yeah, but at least he missed the James dick swing thing. Although I was laughing my ass off at that.

cracksky 07-09-09 09:44 PM

Last year's fights were legendary. They barely showed any of it on CBS.

The only thing I don't like about this supposedly uncensored feed is the fact that they will abruptly cut away when someone is talking about something interesting like a sexual conversation. Then, cut right back a few seconds later and everyone is laughing. That's censorship. It's one thing to cut away when someone starts singing but these people know what they singed up for and if they want to reveal stuff about themselves, let them.

mwbmis 07-09-09 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 9559712)
Last year's fights were legendary. They barely showed any of it on CBS.

The only thing I don't like about this supposedly uncensored feed is the fact that they will abruptly cut away when someone is talking about something interesting like a sexual conversation. Then, cut right back a few seconds later and everyone is laughing. That's censorship. It's one thing to cut away when someone starts singing but these people know what they singed up for and if they want to reveal stuff about themselves, let them.

Yes, but not everyone in the outside world signs a release. The HGs are actually prohibited from talking about people who don't sign a release, especially if it's not a flattering story.

mrpayroll 07-10-09 12:24 AM

I was going to post this in the main thread but then realized that these observations were based on the first of BBAD.

Regarding Natalie, she is the only beautiful woman in the house.

She seems to be very talkative and outspoken. I hope she stays awhile.

I think this twist will be a good one this year. You have pre determined groups, but I can already see a splintering within those groups.

Chris

Bluelitespecial 07-10-09 11:15 AM

What I got out of last night, the first two people on the block are
Spoiler:
Shima and Lydia
. I thought Lydia would come across as a harden bitch because of the tatoos and piercings, but she seems to actually have a heart. The clips with her and Jessie would make them the most unlikely showmance I would never think could happen. The bit where she was talking about Jessie saying he can make any girl squirt with his two fingers was pretty funny. I think Shima will be the first person to go followed by Natalie, they were talking about how they control the votes already.

Bluelitespecial 07-10-09 01:29 PM

I was annoyed by one thing last night, they ended the show last night so abruptly with everyone talking outside, and jessie said he had something he wants to tell everyone as a group. It sure would have been nice to see that. The announcer who was speaking over the house sure got on the house guests a lot as well. Whenever someone was talking about that they were taping for the show at that moment the voice would come on saying "you are not allowed to talk about the production."

cracksky 07-10-09 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 9559780)
Yes, but not everyone in the outside world signs a release. The HGs are actually prohibited from talking about people who don't sign a release, especially if it's not a flattering story.

re: last year
They dumped out of plenty of things that didn't include names.

Don't call it uncensored if it ain't.

re: last night
So, the camera NEVER showed the lingerie girls in the bathroom (until much later) nor the 18/24 yr old in the bikini. Is the director gay?

Speaking of gay, didn't it seem that Russell was eying up Jessie a bit (in the hot tub)? Sort of a man-crush. He called himself a Queen as well. Hmm...

dino88 07-10-09 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 9560683)
What I got out of last night, the first two people on the block are
Spoiler:
Shima and Lydia
. I thought Lydia would come across as a harden bitch because of the tatoos and piercings, but she seems to actually have a heart. The clips with her and Jessie would make them the most unlikely showmance I would never think could happen. The bit where she was talking about Jessie saying he can make any girl squirt with his two fingers was pretty funny. I think Shima will be the first person to go followed by Natalie, they were talking about how they control the votes already.

You spoilered the two names, but then went on to talk about the two nominees :lol:
It doesn't matter though. I don't think there is a need to spoiler anything in the AD thread, since this is specifically why a separate thread exists.

I have to disagree with your predictions though. I'm pretty sure it will be Lydia going. From the grouping going on last night, it's easy to see that Lydia is on the outs and is begging for votes. She's already whoring herself out this early in the game, so she must know she is on her way out the door. I don't think she "has a heart" like you say. She is shedding alligator tears, flirting with Ultimate Fighter guy, and practically telling Jessie she'll fuck him if he can change the votes.

Then again, things can always change during the week (I believe the first week has the longest time in between noms and eviction). Remember last year, when Sheila was meant to be the first to go.

mwbmis 07-10-09 06:34 PM

This didn't take long.

Jordan (NSFW)

http://www.oddandstupid.com/BB11/fla...dan_beaver.htm

Timber 07-10-09 06:53 PM

Jordan looked hot in her little nightgown last night.

Bluelitespecial 07-10-09 07:32 PM

Yeah dino your probably right about lydia after all she is bisexual. I hope Laura will show off her amazing rack at somepoint but that seems unlikely after seeing her personality the first night.

Bluelitespecial 07-11-09 10:39 AM

I think in the future cbs will need to find a cast as sleazy as Big Brother 9, because it deson't seem like any of the women will get naked in the house this year.

Josh-da-man 07-11-09 11:19 PM

Jordan's sporting quite a bush in those pictures. Figured she would have been clean shaven or waxed...

(Not complaining, I don't mind some grass on the field...)

dino88 07-12-09 12:54 AM

I just turned it on about 20 minutes ago. Does 40yr old white (wanna be black) guy irritate anyone else? I can't stand the guy!

And does anyone else think that Ronnie looks like a lesbian?

mwbmis 07-12-09 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 9564136)
I just turned it on about 20 minutes ago. Does 40yr old white (wanna be black) guy irritate anyone else? I can't stand the guy!

And does anyone else think that Ronnie looks like a lesbian?

I don't know about lesbian, but he does look like a virgin. Apparently, he's married though.

I feel bad for Braden. It should be interesting for BB to try to come up with reasons why they're backdooring him. He didn't do anything as he hadn't really even started playing yet. Too bad, because he seems like one of the cooler guys in the house. He gets to pay the price for Lydia lying and burying all of the people who were supporting her to stay. I'll give it to her though; she apparently found a way to stay.

dino88 07-12-09 02:10 AM

^I didn't catch that Braden thing. I have it on in the background and only half listening right now. So fighter guy is going to use the veto on Lydia and then put up Braden?
I can't see how people that are obvious fans of the show (meaning the housemates) make the same mistakes year after year. They get a little power early and get cocky, which only makes them a target the next week until they are eventually voted out. They should know that the power changes weekly and should stay humble and not try to bully for votes. I find it even funnier that it's Jessie doing this (along with others) and he was just in this game last year. Not a very bright guy.

Did anyone catch the part where Natalie nearly got caught with the age thing (or maybe she did get caught and they just didn't acknowledge it)? She was in the hot tub and they were talking about trying out for the show.

Natalie: I tried out last year
Kevin: When you were 17?
Natalie: I don't think....you don't have....
Big Tits: You're supposed to be 21. That's why this is the first year I've applied, because I was too young. Apparently I wasn't.

She can't even hold this plan together for the first week. If her cockiness doesn't get her booted, this lie surely will. And to think I picked her to win before they entered the house.

mwbmis 07-12-09 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 9564189)
^I didn't catch that Braden thing. I have it on in the background and only half listening right now. So fighter guy is going to use the veto on Lydia and then put up Braden?
I can't see how people that are obvious fans of the show (meaning the housemates) make the same mistakes year after year. They get a little power early and get cocky, which only makes them a target the next week until they are eventually voted out. They should know that the power changes weekly and should stay humble and not try to bully for votes. I find it even funnier that it's Jessie doing this (along with others) and he was just in this game last year. Not a very bright guy.

Did anyone catch the part where Natalie nearly got caught with the age thing (or maybe she did get caught and they just didn't acknowledge it)? She was in the hot tub and they were talking about trying out for the show.

Natalie: I tried out last year
Kevin: When you were 17?
Natalie: I don't think....you don't have....
Big Tits: You're supposed to be 21. That's why this is the first year I've applied, because I was too young. Apparently I wasn't.

She can't even hold this plan together for the first week. If her cockiness doesn't get her booted, this lie surely will. And to think I picked her to win before they entered the house.

And the thing is that people who overplay early never win (other than Dick, but that season doesn't really count b/c of AP...he would never have won otherwise). It's always those who stay in the background and wait to make their move. This season that's people like Michelle, who I really like so far, and Kevin. Look how long Dan waited to play last year. That takes some serious patience.

Basically, the fallout from this week will probably cost Jessie, Russell, or Natalie their spot in the game, and the remaining players will have to regroup.

As for Natalie's lie...Casey made an interesting point the other night in Natalie's presence. He indicated that he thought about lying to make himself younger (and thus closer in age to the rest...and he could probably pass for 35 or so), but it's the not first lie that would trip you up it's all the subsequent timeline lies you have to continue to make. It's too much to keep track of (your 19 year old daughter is your 9 year old daughter, I moved after college in '91...I mean '95, etc). Natalie has been making little mistakes. The truth will out. Besides, she's already told Jessie anyway.

I'm not even sure I would make Michelle's lie (though I understand hers better).

dino88 07-12-09 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 9564372)
I'm not even sure I would make Michelle's lie (though I understand hers better).

Yeah, hers makes more sense because she is taking away what can easily be used as a reason to label her a "threat" (which I find annoying...they are all equally a threat to one another. Only 1 person can win). They can also put a dollar sign (which they usually do) on her job when discussing who deserves the money at the end.

But, good ole Big Brother nearly screwed her (may have, we don't know) by putting them all in their respective cliques...worst. idea. ever.

mwbmis 07-12-09 04:22 PM

Well, Lydia is off the block and Braden is up (I hate when the veto ceremony happens before the Sunday night...it makes it so pointless to watch).

Unless something happens Braden is history because the votes aren't there. He has Jeff and Jordan as locks, but they'll have to do some work to get Laura (I think she only comes as the sixth vote).

Since Chima is on the block and Michelle isn't stupid, they can't get the brains. So that means they have to get all three of the outcasts, including Lydia who can't be trusted at all now. Basically, Chima has to self destruct to the point where either Casey takes control of the outcast vote (he's the only one who can do that) or Michelle cuts bait on Chima.

The BS anti-Braden demonization in order to justify his eviction has already started.