Reload this Page >

Big Brother 11 Season Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 11 Season Discussion Thread

Old 08-19-09, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Big Brother 11 Season Discussion Thread

Do these stupid asses know how close they are to half a million? I mean win a HOH or 2 and vetos and bam.
Old 08-20-09, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
I think DR was too busy with Chima to give Lydia any psycho meds and that is why she was acting normal and trying to calm down Nat. I honestly think if Nat. is evicted this week Lydia will go nuts and either beg to go to the jury house or walk out of the show.
And if she did she would be the dumbest person in the history of the show (although she may already own that title). I guarantee that one of either Lydia or Jordan will be in the final. People don't see them as "threats" so one of those two are going to slide into a final 2 spot...100%. It's a shame because neither one of them deserve shit, but one of them will get 2nd (possibly 1st) place.
Old 08-20-09, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
And if she did she would be the dumbest person in the history of the show (although she may already own that title). I guarantee that one of either Lydia or Jordan will be in the final. People don't see them as "threats" so one of those two are going to slide into a final 2 spot...100%. It's a shame because neither one of them deserve shit, but one of them will get 2nd (possibly 1st) place.
I think the "dark side" players will continue to go home until Jeff's team has to put up one of their own as a pawn, and when they do, that pawn will go home (likely Russell or Michele). Then, you're right, it's possible Lydia could make it to the final two, Jordan has a great chance.
Old 08-20-09, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts

I was surprised that Lydia went home to tonight, I was hoping Michelle would have won pov, so Jordan wouldn't screw up and try to backdoor Russell. but it was good to see she left the nominations alone.
Old 08-20-09, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I was surprised that Lydia went home to tonight, I was hoping Michelle would have won pov, so Jordan wouldn't screw up and try to backdoor Russell. but it was good to see she left the nominations alone.
I was a little worried there when Jeff, Jordan and Kevin were off talking before the Veto, I thought she was going to do it for sure. Glad she didn't, now Russel has a chance to find out what was said. I'd still like to see Gnat go then Michelle, Kevin, Jordan let Russ and Jeff be the final 2.
Old 08-20-09, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The winner of the HOH is listed in the SHO thread.
Old 08-20-09, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=dolphinboy;9659627]The winner of the HOH is listed in the SHO thread.[/QUOTE

Must resist the temptation..
Old 08-20-09, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

[QUOTE=hippie68;9659636]
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
The winner of the HOH is listed in the SHO thread.[/QUOTE

Must resist the temptation..
you're on the east coast, you should know because hoh is a thursday event. you shouldn't wait until sunday.
Old 08-21-09, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just saw Lydia's exit interview with Ross Matthews and I have to admit that she's a remarkably open person. Unlike that weasel Jesse who tried to deny everything he did with Lydia, she had no problems admitting she fooled around. Highlight: When asked to rate Jesse's prowess from 1 to 10 she gives him a 4:

http://www.theinsider.com/obsessions...h_Ross_Mathews

On the other hand, she's still delusional. When asked which houseguest she's most likely to have an ongoing friendship with outside the house, she picked Jesse. Not Kevin. Jesse.
Old 08-21-09, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
actually now that you mention it, the video of her walking through the DR and being told not to sit, wasn't the video only chest high? They could have hired someone with her same body type walk through there and re-shoot the whole scene. Thanks for getting me going on new conspiracy theories with BB now. lol
When they showed it again last night, you could clearly see it was Chimpa.
Old 08-21-09, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20090821cbs02

[08.21.09 - 11:24 AM]
"BIG BROTHER" FINALE GETS BIGGER!
Released by CBS

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS JUST IN...

from CBS Entertainment...

"BIG BROTHER" FINALE GETS BIGGER!

With On-Air and Online Audience Growing, CBS Expands Finale To Two-Hour Live Event, Sept. 15 from 9:01-11:00 ET/Tape Delayed PT

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 21 - With the show's on-air and online audience growing, CBS has expanded the finale for BIG BROTHER, live, Tuesday, Sept. 15 (9:01-11:00, ET/tape delayed PT). The series will cap its 11th season with a live two-hour broadcast where the winner will be revealed and the houseguests will then tell-all about their explosive summer for a special season-ending event!

BIG BROTHER 11 is averaging 6.85 million viewers, a +5% gain over last year and has increased viewership among adults 18-34 by +6% versus last summer. All three BIG BROTHER 11 broadcasts are posting summer-to-summer growth. Tuesday's broadcast delivered BIG BROTHER 11's largest audience (7.98m) and highest ratings among key demographics on any night this summer.

BIG BROTHER 11 continues to have its biggest season ever online, delivering 60.2 million page views, and streaming 9.5 million videos on CBS.com, TV.com, and across the CBS Audience Network as well as mobile platforms. Reaction to Chima's expulsion drew the most BIG BROTHER visitors to CBS.com in over three years.

BIG BROTHER is executive produced by Emmy Award winner Allison Grodner, Rich Meehan and Scott Einziger, in association with Endemol USA Inc. Julie Chen hosts the live eviction broadcast.

On the Web: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother
Finally!

Chris
Old 08-21-09, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Good that it's getting the viewership, but this just means they're going to cast more Chimas, Lydias and Natalies on purpose.
Old 08-21-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a feeling they are already sending out applications to folks living in nearby mental hospitals.
Old 08-21-09, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

That is only good news if they DONT let the Chenbot conduct the reunion show and instead have probst do it
Old 08-21-09, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
That is only good news if they DONT let the Chenbot conduct the reunion show and instead have probst do it
Or Phil.

Chris
Old 08-21-09, 04:02 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
They should have probot do it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Probot

Okay, you know that you would watch that.
Old 08-21-09, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 153 Posts

The problem with an immediate reunion show is that most of them are still going to have delusions about what really happened in the game. It's not like Survivor where they've watched the show on TV.
Old 08-21-09, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

With huge ratings and a bigger finale, all the more pressure for Allison to make sure one of Jeff or Jordan make the final 2. Let the rigging and the DR room suggestions go from medium to high.

I read an interview with Allison that was just done before the last HOH and they asked her if Russell won the next HOH would he take out Jeff? Her answer, as an executive producer, was "YES."

Not, probably, or I think so, or that would probably be his best move. She flatly responded "YES" as if she knew exactly what he would do when it should be impossible to know for sure.

When you get away with so much, you don't even have to worry about trying answer questions like that carefully or diplomatically. Jeff was saying a few days ago that if the DR people told him that Russ was on his team one more team, he was gonna go off on them. Clearly, they didn't want Russell backdoored. That kind of stuff really bugs me.

Finally, I know it's tv and it's a pressure-cooker and a lot of them are young, but I have 2 girls and, I'm sorry, there's no way I'd let Lydia be my nanny. I'm sure she can responsible. But I'm hoping Sir Paul makes sure she gets both the stereo and the mono versions of the Beatles remasters and let's her find employment with someone else.
Old 08-21-09, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a question about that fight between Chima and Russel had a few weeks ago. I had read that they staged it but if thats the case, when did they have an actual fallout?
Old 08-21-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts

^^^I have read various recaps from the feeds, but I don't know if this is accurate. Yes it was staged, but who knows why. Chima wanted to have sex with Russell in house, but he wasn't interested, because he didn't want to jepordize his job outside of house for his behavior in the game. I could be wrong on that, but that could be part of the falling out.
Old 08-22-09, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They planned the fight like 2 nights before it happened. I posted a link to the flashback in the after dark thread. However, when they were planning the fight they were still buddy buddy and before the fight went down they were both trying to act like the other one wanted sex from them and they had to let them down. So when it started I honestly think Russ figured they were going ahead with the fake fight but Chima was fighting for real. Of course she did follow the script they made about her throwing water on him and about using the racism stuff. It is really really weird.

I have wondered if BB actually tells them ok, we are taking you out this week and they are not just suggesting in DR but actually telling the HoH who to put up and how they are going to get evicted. The Chima/Russ fight is just so odd.
Old 08-24-09, 01:16 PM

With Jordan announcing how many cans everyone had throughout the competiton, what was Kevin thinking when he blocked Russel's tubes? He would have easily won HOH if he had blocked Jeff instead of seeking revenge against Russ.
Old 08-24-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by monkyskunk
With Jordan announcing how many cans everyone had throughout the competiton, what was Kevin thinking when he blocked Russel's tubes? He would have easily won HOH if he had blocked Jeff instead of seeking revenge against Russ.
I'm not sure if at that point Jeff was close enough. I remember Jeff stating that Russel was distracting him so when he was blocked it gave Jeff a chance to catch up.
Old 08-24-09, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Originally Posted by monkyskunk
What was Kevin thinking when he announced he was going to use two gold cans to block Jeff... when he only needed one more anyway to win?
Old 08-25-09, 07:03 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by fujishig
What was Kevin thinking when he announced he was going to use two gold cans to block Jeff... when he only needed one more anyway to win?
THey probably had some rule, that wasn't explained on air, where you had to call out when using the cans.
He probably said two, just incase one didn't make it in.

That is the only thing I can think of that makes sense on that.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.