Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 11 Season Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Big Brother 11 Season Discussion Thread

I agree, Jordan really doesn't deserve the 500k. I think it's terrible that she immensely helped to foster the whole mistrust of her alliance which got Jeff kicked out and yet she might win.
Old 09-10-09, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwineTime
I maintain that if Jordan wins this, she will be the most undeserving player to win in the history of Big Brother.

Hoping Kevin can pull off the win on Tuesday.
This was a VERY weak cast to begin with.

Natalie would be even LESS deserving than Jordan in my opinion.

As was stated in the show, many of the "stronger" players went out already and if Kevin, the best player left by far, doesn't win the final HOH and Jordan wins and takes Nat, he will have himself to blame and don't forget he WANTED the weaker player, Jordan, instead of the stronger, more "deserving" player, Michele.

Yes, Kevin is deserving, but he's not a great player either.

Should he fail to win, I think Jordan is the better of the two weak players and, at least, she's a decent person despite falling victim to trashing people, especially Michele, when she shouldn't have.

Kevin will choose Jordan and win. Fine.
Jordan will choose Nat and win. Ok.

I did love all the audience cheers for Jordan, though.
Old 09-10-09, 10:46 PM

I didn't. Those people were probably cheering because they can't wait for Jordan to win 500k, Jeff to win 25k and for the two lovebirds to live happily ever after.

It's a joke, really.
Old 09-10-09, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Wasn't going to bother watching tonight, but I did to see what Evil Dick and Boogie had to say.

Really glad I did, because it was great to watch Jordan demolish Natalie in the comp.

And to Julie Chen for throwing a little Jeff Probst-style snark at Natalie.
Old 09-11-09, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I was a bit surprised at the America being the final juror. This could truly impact who wins since it looks like it could be close.

Loved watching Jordan decimate Natalie in the competition. Natalie and Kevin just thought that was a gimme and instead Natalie was pounded. This is Kevin's chance to get Natalie out of the house. I honestly think Jordan will probably keep Kevin over Natalie if she were to win, which little does she know would be her downfall.
Old 09-11-09, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TwineTime
I didn't. Those people were probably cheering because they can't wait for Jordan to win 500k, Jeff to win 25k and for the two lovebirds to live happily ever after.

It's a joke, really.
Wrong. Those people were cheering against Natalie. It could've been Charles Manson throwing those balls against Natalie and he would've gotten the same reception.
Old 09-11-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think you are onto something: next season of Big Brother staring Charles Manson and a whole bunch of other prisoners. I would love to see them fight it out for food for the week. Biggest ratings ever.
Old 09-11-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by saoirse
I think you are onto something: next season of Big Brother staring Charles Manson and a whole bunch of other prisoners. I would love to see them fight it out for food for the week. Biggest ratings ever.
Season 12 twist...One of the housemates is a serial killer!
Old 09-11-09, 10:58 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superfro
Season 12 twist...One of the housemates is a serial killer!

Maybe Julie Chen could use the tagline from that Harpers Island show... "One by one..."
Old 09-11-09, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually, I'd like to see them change up the finale this time around. Turn off all the lights and release a tiger in the house. Last one mauled is declared the winner.
Old 09-11-09, 11:09 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superfro
Actually, I'd like to see them change up the finale this time around. Turn off all the lights and release a tiger in the house. Last one mauled is declared the winner.
Nah..too quick.. especially if the tiger was hungry.

Seal the house, put a deadly toxin into the vents and slowly leak it into the house. The last person alive is the winner. Hidden in the house are a few gas masks hooked up to oxygen tanks. However, there is only enough oxygen for 5 minutes to let you find the toxin source.
Old 09-11-09, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts

I wasn't going to watch last night but I did anyway. I wanted to puke during the clips from previous episodes. Natalie in her crown during the nominations, toasting with Kevin to the final three right after he won HOH, just sickening. Great to see Jordan demolish Natalie during part two of hoh. Loved all the Natalie bashing in the jury house. Hopefully Kevin and Jordan stick to the planned final two deal.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 09-11-09 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-11-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd rather they seal out the house, and the first houseguest to resort to actual cannabalism is crowned the winner.

While I didn't have much expectations for this season, it's been truly one of the more uninteresting ones in recent memory, so much so I have no vested interested in who ends up the winner.
Old 09-11-09, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Hopefully Kevin and Jordan stick to the planned final two deal.
If you're rooting for Kevin.

Jordan would certainly have a chance even against Kevin if she won the Final HOH and defeated him head-to-head to boot.

I still think Kevin's articulate enough and won enough comps along with the scheming to edge her out.

She should destroy Natalie in the F2.

I kind of wonder if Jordan can even comprehend what 500k is. The look on her face, should she win, might be one of the best BB moments ever in one of the worst seasons ever.
Old 09-11-09, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jordan might buy even more boob implants with the $500K.
Old 09-11-09, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
Jordan might buy even more boob implants with the $500K.
I'm pretty sure that she thinks she's gonna have to spend most of the money just to get Jeff Bears tickets.
Old 09-11-09, 11:42 PM

I think Jordan would take Kevin to the final 2, I think she'd assume Natalie has more votes even though she's mistaken. I'm hoping Kevin is being truthful that he would take Jordan, which then assures that NataBEYOTCH gets 3rd.

I think the votes will be close:

Jeff - Jordan
Michelle - Jordan
America - Jordan
Lydia - Kevin
Jessie - Kevin

Natalie - Will she be bitter if Kevin wins final HOH and boots her? Bitter enough to snap vote Jordan at the finale?

Russell - He said on the show he wanted Kevin to win, but could he be convinced by Jeff to vote otherwise?

I agree Jordan isn't the best winner in terms of gameplay, but I still think it would be a nice, "aww shucks" kinda win. Hell, her still getting 50K is pretty darn good.

I'm okay with a Kevin win. He did some good moves like Natalie without being the colossal piece of garbage she is.
Old 09-12-09, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Phod
I think Jordan would take Kevin to the final 2, I think she'd assume Natalie has more votes even though she's mistaken. I'm hoping Kevin is being truthful that he would take Jordan, which then assures that NataBEYOTCH gets 3rd.

I think the votes will be close:

Jeff - Jordan
Michelle - Jordan
America - Jordan
Lydia - Kevin
Jessie - Kevin

Natalie - Will she be bitter if Kevin wins final HOH and boots her? Bitter enough to snap vote Jordan at the finale?

Russell - He said on the show he wanted Kevin to win, but could he be convinced by Jeff to vote otherwise?

I agree Jordan isn't the best winner in terms of gameplay, but I still think it would be a nice, "aww shucks" kinda win. Hell, her still getting 50K is pretty darn good.

I'm okay with a Kevin win. He did some good moves like Natalie without being the colossal piece of garbage she is.

I think that you're assuming too much. Michele stated in almost all of her exit interviews that she expected Kevin to win and that Jordan wouldn't likely get her vote.

She did mention that if Jordan won the final HOH that might change her opinion, but she thought Kevin had played a better game.

So, at best it's 50/50.

Flip that to Natalie and Michele would vote for Jordan, so would Jeff, so would America, and I'm convinced so would Lydia (she just won't want Natalie to get that grand prize cash). Probably Russ too.
Old 09-12-09, 02:21 PM

Did Jordan win a lot as teams in the beginning? On the live feeds the other night her and Kevin were comparing wins and according to them he only had one more than Jordan did? I am thinking it was because of the team competitions? So not that she did well as an individual, but if that really is true is she such a bad player, or still just lucky to be with the right group from the start?

And maybe just being so nice is enough to win, no one wanted to get her out, she didn't have to lie and throw anyone under the bus but she still got to the end?
Old 09-12-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Flipper113
Did Jordan win a lot as teams in the beginning? On the live feeds the other night her and Kevin were comparing wins and according to them he only had one more than Jordan did? I am thinking it was because of the team competitions? So not that she did well as an individual, but if that really is true is she such a bad player, or still just lucky to be with the right group from the start?

And maybe just being so nice is enough to win, no one wanted to get her out, she didn't have to lie and throw anyone under the bus but she still got to the end?
Her "team" went out first and second.

Jordan just doesn't get any credit for the two "wins" she had prior to Thursday. The first Jeff threw by hitting his golf ball of the stage; for the second, it has been generally accepted in the house that she only won b/c Michele wore loud shoes. Jordan would wait until Michele stepped up or stepped down before she answered. That is actually why Michele went barefoot during the last HOH competition.

She's not there b/c people thought she was nice. She's there b/c Natalie and Kevin (and their earlier alliance) rightfully thought that Laura, Casey, Russell, Jeff, and Michele were all bigger threats. And they thought that even if Jordan got to the end she could be manipulated. Her being there is not a credit to her.

Even though I "like" her more than Kevin and Natalie, I think her winning is the worst possible scenario for this season. She has no business winning this show. Still, I dislike Natalie enough that I'd almost rather see Jordan win. Kevin winning is the only scenario I'm "OK" with.

Last edited by mwbmis; 09-12-09 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-13-09, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tennis ran over by 30min. on the east coast so pad accordingly.
Old 09-13-09, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
Tennis ran over by 30min. on the east coast so pad accordingly.
And if you miss it, don't sweat it. There was virtually NOTHING in this episode. A bunch of rehash and a few new scenes that were ok, but mostly forgettable. Made me very glad I had a TiVo. Watched the entire episode in about 15 minutes. :P
Old 09-13-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
And if you miss it, don't sweat it. There was virtually NOTHING in this episode. A bunch of rehash and a few new scenes that were ok, but mostly forgettable. Made me very glad I had a TiVo. Watched the entire episode in about 15 minutes. :P
Didn't watch much of it. Saw only a bit of the Ronnie part where they talked about his fight with Kevin. On the show they kept saying that they didn't remember what it was about, but when they shot that footage in the house Jordan kept screwing up and saying that all she remembered was that it was about Hitler. They had to reshoot or do retakes on that about three times.
Old 09-13-09, 10:44 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Since they're yet to explain it on the show, can anybody explain exactly why Michele is so hated?
Old 09-13-09, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Since they're yet to explain it on the show, can anybody explain exactly why Michele is so hated?
Not really. She's socially awkward so a lot of times even her allies didn't trust her (to their detriment).

It started with Ronnie lying about her behind her back the first few weeks. A lot of the house got the impression that she was really shady. It was almost all Ronnie.

Natalie didn't like her b/c Michele was really the only one if the house that didn't buy her BS. She undermined her for quite a bit of the game whenever Michele looked like she might get more allies or a little power (for instance, she destroyed the first Russell/Michele alliance with a well placed lie...nevermind that the lie didn't make any sense...Russell was really paranoid then). Unfortunately, Michele was just not good at looking like she was telling the truth even when she was so that and her bad memory undermined her a lot in the game. Jeff never trusted her (to his detriment). He still trusted Natalie more when he was evicted.

Edited to add....I watched all or part of the eleven seasons of BB, and while Michele wasn't the most mistreated houseguest (I think honor still goes to Jen in BB8) she does probably hold the distinction of taking the most crap for things she didn't do and things she didn't say than anyone in BB history.

Last edited by mwbmis; 09-13-09 at 11:10 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.