Reload this Page >

Most annoying Television commercials?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-06-09, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Out of all the dumb, stupid TV commercials, this is by far the most annoying ones I've seen:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4xmFcrJexk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4xmFcrJexk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

These are by far some of the most retarded commercials I've seen. They're basically giving free advertisement to Tobacco companies. And all of these are so over the top, they're funny. I don't think anyone will be scared straight into quitting smoking after seeing these ads. Same goes for the Marijuana commercials:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhjwUR2SeAE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhjwUR2SeAE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Completely ridiculous. Which commercials are most annoying to you guys?
Old 07-06-09, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Most annoying Television commercials?

The ones that are driving me nuts now are those "Foundation For a Better Life". They're so unrealistic and over-the-top. We get it - be nice to those not like us.
Old 07-06-09, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 365 Likes on 280 Posts

I'm mildly annoyed by KFC's new slogan, to "unthink." That just seems dumb. So in order to try your chicken and enjoy it, I have to shut my brain off.

Also, all the new Carl's Jr. commercial where the "celebrity" calls the new 6 dollar burger her "bikini burger." Ugh. I mean, I generally detest their commercials (though I actually like their food) because they always go for the lowest common denominator, but please.
Old 07-06-09, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Heritage car commercials.
Old 07-06-09, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lawyers.

How come every almost every lawyer (at least, on the ads here in NYC) looks like the embodiment of sleaze?
Old 07-06-09, 09:53 PM

"I stole the cookies from the cookie jar"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W_yUcNG6Qr0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W_yUcNG6Qr0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-06-09, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Five dollar foot long.
Old 07-06-09, 11:01 PM
Banned

Taco Bell Commercials except the Pina Colada one.
The Best Buy commercial where the girl employee says that someone is calling them from Wal-Mart and suggest the customer to come to BB because they are more knowledgeable.
Old 07-06-09, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23 View Post
The Best Buy commercial where the girl employee says that someone is calling them from Wal-Mart and suggest the customer to come to BB because they are more knowledgeable.
Yeah any of the Best Buy ones that end with something like "... and it was the bestest Columbus Day ever!"

Anything that gets repeated way too often. Like those Pure Michigan commercials. Or any Chevrolet commercial with "This is ouuuuuurrrrrr country!" At some point, you're just making us less likely to buy your product.
Old 07-06-09, 11:18 PM

The McDonalds ads for McCafeŽ drinks.
They guarantee that I will never try those drinks because I hate the commercials so much.
Old 07-06-09, 11:27 PM

This, I don't know how they can lie like that and get away with it
Old 07-06-09, 11:29 PM

I thought I was the only one who laughed at that. I remember when Best Buy started putting "Team Member since [Year]" on their name badges and it was a running joke how every single employee seemed to have the current year on their badge. I wasn't sure why they were advertising their high turnover rate.
Old 07-06-09, 11:30 PM

Oh yeah and I really hate the AT&T commercial with the whiny emo guy singing "I think I'm possibly, maybe, passively-aggressively falling for you." Ugh!
Old 07-06-09, 11:36 PM

I was JUST complaining to a friend about this commercial yesterday!

I despise it. And the girl is ugly, which certainly doesn't help!
Old 07-06-09, 11:38 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

These types of Microsoft ads:

Quicksilver/Microsoft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH6IMF61ln0

There are different versions with different companies.

BORING AS HELL.

I'm actually surprised I know it's a Microsoft commercial, since it's so boring to listen to.

and I have a marketing degree and work in the marketing job field...and this commercial is still boring to me! haha
Old 07-06-09, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Tuesday Afternoon" Visa commercial. I used to like that song.
Old 07-07-09, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FreeCreditReport.com.

One, it's not free. Two, the commercials blow. Least favorite one is when the guy is at that seafood restaurant decked out like Brad Hamilton in his pirate costume.
Old 07-07-09, 12:27 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Local commercials always strike me as the worst. The biggest offender in my area (just outside of Boston) is Bob's Discount Furniture. If you've seen his commercials you know what I'm talking about. Because of his advertising I absolutely refuse to shop there.
Old 07-07-09, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 View Post
These types of Microsoft ads:

Quicksilver/Microsoft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH6IMF61ln0

There are different versions with different companies.

BORING AS HELL.
Yeah, those remind me of the long and boring conference calls I used to have to sit through at work. Bad memories there.
Old 07-07-09, 01:05 AM

freecreditreport.com
Hooveraround
Old 07-07-09, 01:16 AM

These. (Canadian commercials):

First one:
<embed id='playerObject' height='370' width='442' allowfullscreen='true' flashvars='VideoDebut=0&RPath=www.culturepub.fr/videos&HD=0&Media=70373&Ref=&TypeRef=&SeuilBD=600&Rld=1&SauveBP=200&NoCache=0&MMplayerType=PlugIn&MMdoctitle=70373' quality='high' name='playerObject' src='http://www.culturepub.fr/player.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'></embed>

Sequel:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/laRLyOEonJw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/laRLyOEonJw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hate these. Arrogant little bastard man/cat.
Old 07-07-09, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those "Cash 4 Gold" commercials and their clones.

I did spy one of the Spanish versions on a Mexican restaurant TV. The same crap in Spanish, but the people are so happy they got $$, they start dancing.
Old 07-07-09, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After owning a TiVo, I find ANY commercial VERY annoying. I don't know how people sit through these things anymore. Shows are SO much better without them.

That said, I've watched more commercials in this thread than I've watched in months. Funny thing is, I found the original poster's selections quite enjoyable. :P
Old 07-07-09, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

The Six Flags commercial with that disturbing dancing old dude.
Old 07-07-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

No mention of those stupid Geico commercials yet? The one's with the stack of money with the beedy eyes.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.