Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Real World: Cancun thread (starts 06-24-09)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Official Real World: Cancun thread (starts 06-24-09)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Official Real World: Cancun thread (starts 06-24-09)

She needed to go home, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Did you guys see the previews for the rest of the season? It makes tonight episode look like childs play!

The aftershow was pretty interesting. I won't give anything away, but you should watch it.

Chris
Old 07-22-09, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed it, can you spoilerize anything?
Old 07-23-09, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although Joey went too far, I understand his reasoning. He wasn't doing it to just be mean. He really believed that the house would be so much better without her. And really she would be better by leaving as well although he couldn't care less about that. I understand she has a problem but her problem doesn't explain why she is a complete bitch (or does it?). At the after show, CJ made the point that she still is playing the victim card even though she has a problem. He didn't really explain it well but I understood what he was saying. Basically, she has a mental issue obviously. However, you can't just fall back on that to explain everything you do. She treats people horribly and then will not apologize for her behavior. She is never at fault. I loved how she was on the phone talking to whomever at home and complaining about all the drama the rest of the house was stirring up. That's about as delusional as you can get right there.
Old 07-23-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

As much as Ayiaii is nuts, Joey is a complete douche, although I'm sure he is doing all this for the camera to give him and his lame band more publicity (as I said before, he's trying to be Puck II). He definitely went too far and there is no excuse for it. I wouldn't want to live with either one of them, that's for damn sure.
Old 07-23-09, 10:53 AM

Regarding the aftershow, we all have to understand that these people lack a lot of maturity.

Joey & CJ were still not convinced that Ayiaii(sp ??) has an emotional problem that needs to be treated with compassion and therapy. Emily, who was also on the aftershow tried to explain to them that Ayiaii's problem is all too real and all too dangerous.

Sure Ayiaii is not a very nice person, is never at fault and likes to create conflict, but beneath all of that is a person who is crying out for help, is too proud to admit that she has a problem and probably should never have been put on the show.

We still don't know what the future episodes hold (like I said the previews look really wild), but the producers should have sent her away like they did with that muscle guy (Joey?) from a couple of seasons ago, who realized that he had a drinking problem and needed help right away.

Chris
Old 07-23-09, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Regarding the aftershow, we all have to understand that these people lack a lot of maturity.

Joey & CJ were still not convinced that Ayiaii(sp ??) has an emotional problem that needs to be treated with compassion and therapy. Emily, who was also on the aftershow tried to explain to them that Ayiaii's problem is all too real and all too dangerous.

Sure Ayiaii is not a very nice person, is never at fault and likes to create conflict, but beneath all of that is a person who is crying out for help, is too proud to admit that she has a problem and probably should never have been put on the show.

We still don't know what the future episodes hold (like I said the previews look really wild), but the producers should have sent her away like they did with that muscle guy (Joey?) from a couple of seasons ago, who realized that he had a drinking problem and needed help right away.

Chris
I think CJ and Joey understood then and now that she has a problem but it doesn't explain why she is such a bitch. I guarantee her only friends at home are those that let her walk all over them.

I agree they should have sent her packing as soon as they found out she cut herself. Are you sure they made Joey leave that season? It seemed like he made that decision himself. That could be all editing though.
Old 07-23-09, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
As much as Ayiaii is nuts, Joey is a complete douche, although I'm sure he is doing all this for the camera to give him and his lame band more publicity (as I said before, he's trying to be Puck II). He definitely went too far and there is no excuse for it. I wouldn't want to live with either one of them, that's for damn sure.
It seems he gets along with everyone else in the house. That isn't exactly saying he's a great guy but I would say he's no more douchey than the majority of the youth today. God help us.
Old 07-23-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by BDLOU
It seems he gets along with everyone else in the house. That isn't exactly saying he's a great guy but I would say he's no more douchey than the majority of the youth today. God help us.
I think it takes a rather high level of douchery that the minute you get back from a loved one's funeral, you are immediately plotting to wreak havoc with someone. But like I said, I think this may be all done for the camera for self-promotion purposes.
Old 07-23-09, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

No body in the house liked Aiiya but now that they find out she's a "cutter" the girls are falling all over themselves to have her cry on there shoulder. I'm not sure of the timing here though but wasn't it just 2 weeks ago in show time that Aiiya called Emily out for being adopted in there argument but she accuses Joey of going to far with the knife comments?

I'm sorry but she just isn't a good person and seemed to bring the whole house down when she was around. Horrible casting with her.
Old 07-23-09, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it takes a rather high level of douchery that the minute you get back from a loved one's funeral, you are immediately plotting to wreak havoc with someone.
Unfortunately they don't seem to air this stuff in any kind of order. For all we know the funeral happened weeks before last nights episode or even after it for all that we know.
Old 07-23-09, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Timber

I'm sorry but she just isn't a good person and seemed to bring the whole house down when she was around. Horrible casting with her.
I figure they go out of their way to cast drama queens.
Old 07-23-09, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Unfortunately they don't seem to air this stuff in any kind of order. For all we know the funeral happened weeks before last nights episode or even after it for all that we know.
Well it really doesn't matter when it happened in the grand scheme. We know he was plotting the minute he got back from granny's funeral.
Old 07-23-09, 12:18 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Is Ayiia gone. If so glory fucking days.
Old 07-23-09, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by BDLOU
I think CJ and Joey understood then and now that she has a problem but it doesn't explain why she is such a bitch. I guarantee her only friends at home are those that let her walk all over them.

I agree they should have sent her packing as soon as they found out she cut herself. Are you sure they made Joey leave that season? It seemed like he made that decision himself. That could be all editing though.
No, the producers took Joey aside and gave him the option to get help which he thankfully did.

Chris
Old 07-23-09, 01:23 PM

Hey, they got us here talking all about it. Mission accomplished.

I found it interesting that Aiiya (sp ??) did a PSA during the show about cutting.

And since I'm 48 years old, I always thought cutting meant that you 'cut' class.

Chris
Old 07-23-09, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My thoughts exactly. It's like a science experiment. What combination of people will have the most explosive results.

Outside of Bronne and maybe Jasmine I wouldn't piss on any of these people if they were on fire.

I can't ever watch more than two or three episodes of any season as majority of the castmembers end up being poor excuses for human beings.
Old 07-23-09, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by madcougar
My thoughts exactly. It's like a science experiment. What combination of people will have the most explosive results.

Outside of Bronne and maybe Jasmine I wouldn't piss on any of these people if they were on fire.

I can't ever watch more than two or three episodes of any season as majority of the castmembers end up being poor excuses for human beings.
What?

I guess you've also been watching Road Rules!

Chris
Old 07-23-09, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

is it just me or is the blonde guy with the muscles (forget his name) seem the the same dude that was in last seasons real world (the blonde guy with muscles who loaned the tranny money)??
Old 07-23-09, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that was an entertaining episode.

The previews for the rest of the season look fantastic...from a train wreck point of view.

Last edited by boogieman03; 07-23-09 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 04:53 PM

I know we say it every season, but this has to be the most disfunctional cast ever (I've only been watching the last 4 years or so).

Chris
Old 07-23-09, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Watching the post-show now.....Emilee looking very fine.
Old 07-23-09, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Emilee is smokin'. Did Emilee say in the post show she was cuddle buddies with Joey? Then Joey did air quotes around "cuddle buddies," implying maybe it was something more. Did anyone else catch that?

Jasmine, Bronne and token gay are dead weight.

CJ the meathead is pretty much the same as Scott last year, Dunbar before that, etc. There's also something bizarre looking about CJ's head and upper body.
Old 07-23-09, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher

Jasmine, Bronne and token gay are dead weight.
I think Bronne is hilarious, probably my favorite one in the cast this season.
Old 07-24-09, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Bronne is hilarious, probably my favorite one in the cast this season.
I agree. He's rarely on, but when he is, I think he's very funny, but also down to earth and not trying to be "famous" like everyoen else on these types of shows. Looks like he's enjoying his 3-4 months in Cancun.
Old 07-24-09, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Why are they using film instead of video?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.