DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/554954-lost-2-hour-season-finale-incident-5-13-09-a.html)

DthRdrX 05-13-09 10:34 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09

Originally Posted by John Slider (Post 9442804)
Even if Juliet were to move through time, if that is what happened, wouldn't she be buried underground anyway? She's dead.

For people that watched the preview for S6, there was a 1 second screen hint of what may happen after the bomb went off.

Spoiler:

Jack opening his eye on the beach again.

Pharoh 05-13-09 10:35 PM

So, Ben was always meant to kill Jacob, hence his not being allowed to see him earlier?

goofee girl 05-13-09 10:36 PM

Notice how Jacob was dressed in white at the start of the episode while his nemesis was dressed in black? Black and white theme comes back.

redrum 05-13-09 10:36 PM

that guy opposite of jacob in the first scene = smokie i'm thinking

funstan 05-13-09 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pharoh (Post 9442818)
So, Ben was always meant to kill Jacob, hence his not being allowed to see him earlier?

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer was never more true or more false than in this episode.

Timber 05-13-09 10:37 PM

So what's the deal with the sand around the cabin? They showed it last season as well. There was a pathway through it this time so does the sand keep 'Black Shirt' away from the cabin?

I love the reference to the Ben/Widmore battle with them having to go at each other through others and they had the whole black/white thing in Widmore's room last season as well.

AJW 05-13-09 10:38 PM

The Jacob/Hurley Touch but I believe he touched the hand of all the other Losties.

(Edit: "goofee girl" is correct below and He just touched them .. period. I stand corrected)

http://www.buzz-bin.com/touch.jpg

crankyman 05-13-09 10:40 PM

sobek vs. horus.....

goofee girl 05-13-09 10:40 PM

He actually touched Kate on the nose, Jin and Sun on the arm, and Sayid on the shoulder. Not that I was paying attention or anything. :D

DthRdrX 05-13-09 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 9442824)
So what's the deal with the sand around the cabin? They showed it last season as well. There was a pathway through it this time so does the sand keep 'Black Shirt' away from the cabin?

I love the reference to the Ben/Widmore battle with them having to go at each other through others and they had the whole black/white thing in Widmore's room last season as well.

It kept the evil guy out of Jacob's cabin IMO. He probably got Claire to move a little of it when he was Christian.

Matthew Ackerly 05-13-09 10:42 PM

Was that Charlie's ring that Sun found? I forget, he did have a ring, right?

DthRdrX 05-13-09 10:43 PM

Shit, the more you think about it this episode is anwsering all kinds of questions.

Jacob created the fertility problem and instructed Richard to bring Juliet to the island. Jacob was also behind her exhusband getting hit by the bus!

AJW 05-13-09 10:43 PM

Yes that was Charlie's ring.

DthRdrX 05-13-09 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly (Post 9442836)

Yep. He left it in the craddle for Claire and Aaron but they never made it back to the beach.

goofee girl 05-13-09 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly (Post 9442836)

Yep, it's the ring that's named after their grandfather's initials, not Drive Shaft as one would presume.

goofee girl 05-13-09 10:47 PM

So is Locke really even himself after Jacob touched him and apparently brought him back to life?

tcoursen 05-13-09 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 9442841)
Yep. He left it in the craddle for Claire and Aaron but they never made it back to the beach.

Actually I think Claire was still on the beach when he left the ring, but that she picked up Aaron out of the craddle and didn't see that Charlie had left the ring.

SteelWill 05-13-09 10:53 PM

If that reveal means the end of the real John Locke then he got played like a chump his entire life. No redemption, no grand destiny, just punked. :(

Merkin Muffley 05-13-09 10:56 PM

The guy at the beginning with Jacob is named Silas. He's the bagman from Yankton.

tcoursen 05-13-09 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by SteelWill (Post 9442852)
If that reveal means the end of the real John Locke then he got played like a chump his entire life. No redemption, no grand destiny, just punked. :(

and if that is the case, then Richard was right and that Locke wasn't special. So then at least in the recent episodes Richard got punked also.

Jimmy James 05-13-09 10:56 PM

I'm not sure how the Locke body reveal is all that big a reveal. Did people actually think his body was somehow ejected from its coffin during a hard landing?

DthRdrX 05-13-09 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by tcoursen (Post 9442848)
Actually I think Claire was still on the beach when he left the ring, but that she picked up Aaron out of the craddle and didn't see that Charlie had left the ring.

This is correct. Thanks for reminding me. She never saw the ring and never made it back.

Ranger 05-13-09 10:57 PM

I agree that Faux Locke is the smoke monster - like Yemi, Christian, and Alex. And probably more people.

Ilena says look at these ashes so I think they mean that is the smoke monster (evil) and thus set the cabin on fire.

Definitely will take time to absorb.

ATX 05-13-09 10:57 PM

actually ashes surrounding the cabin, not sand

PopcornTreeCt 05-13-09 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James (Post 9442859)
I'm not sure how the Locke body reveal is all that big a reveal. Did people actually think his body was somehow ejected from its coffin during a hard landing?

No, we thought his body got up and walked out of its coffin.

DthRdrX 05-13-09 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by goofee girl (Post 9442847)
So is Locke really even himself after Jacob touched him and apparently brought him back to life?

Locke died, the guy walking around as Locke is Jacob's enemy.

Here's another one some of you are mentioning.

Jacob touched everyone, the other guy refused to physically help Locke near the donkey wheel, as Christian.

ugabuga 05-13-09 10:59 PM

As far as Locke getting played his entire life, it sure does seem that way now. Even Richard this episode mentioned he didn't see Locke as anything special when speaking to Jack in the "past."

Shinobi 05-13-09 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James (Post 9442859)

Jack, Kate, and the rest completely disappeared from the airplane. So why not?

Jimmy James 05-13-09 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 9442864)
No, we thought his body got up and walked out of its coffin.

Did we see that? If we did, why do we trust these strangers so much?

JohnSlider 05-13-09 11:01 PM

I'm sure people are bored with the 'I can't remember -- did Jacob touch *name', but I cannot remember him physically touching Jack.

Palaver 05-13-09 11:03 PM

I think he touched Jack when he handed him the candy car.

ATX 05-13-09 11:03 PM

Osmosis through the Apollo bar

JuryDuty 05-13-09 11:03 PM

LOL well, I enjoyed this episode as much as any of LOST, though they sure did rubberband us back and forth through time a lot tonight.

I have to say that reading this thread does make more of it make sense, but mainstream viewers have got to be completely confused. Part of me felt like when the show ended, "What the heck did I just watch?"

Matthew Ackerly 05-13-09 11:04 PM

Widmore mentioned to Locke that "a war is coming and you need to be on the right side"

Is Widmore against Jacob? What is this war? Did he know Locke would die? How does Widmore fit into this now?

Aghhhhh, next season can't come soon enough!

dsa_shea 05-13-09 11:05 PM

I still think moving cabin Jacob is actually the Faux Locke guy. He reveald himself to Locke in order to upset Ben which in turn would lead to the demise of the real Jacob when the opportunity presented itself.

Larry C. 05-13-09 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 9442792)
The people on Lostpedia think it means "He who saved us all" or something of the like.

I believe it is "the one who will save us all"

DthRdrX 05-13-09 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty (Post 9442876)
LOL well, I enjoyed this episode as much as any of LOST, though they sure did rubberband us back and forth through time a lot tonight.

I have to say that reading this thread does make more of it make sense, but mainstream viewers have got to be completely confused. Part of me felt like when the show ended, "What the heck did I just watch?"

That's why rating fell over the last 2-3 seasons. The general public just doesn't want to think about what's going on but thats the fun of the show.

Here's a theory for you. The guy that wanted Jacob dead, has been the smoke monster all long. It loved Locke because Locke blindly followed it to it's endgame the entire time. It killed Eko because Eko was not going to blindly follow it. Then it played Ben to get him to follow 'himself(the monster)' to kill Jacob.

DthRdrX 05-13-09 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 9442879)
I still think moving cabin Jacob is actually the Faux Locke guy. He reveald himself to Locke in order to upset Ben which in turn would lead to the demise of the real Jacob when the opportunity presented itself.

possible

Anubis2005X 05-13-09 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 9442879)

Agreed, I think the evil guy was trapped in the cabin by the ashes. Plus, Ben was BSing about seeing him, so evil guy started going all poltergeist, wanting Locke to free him.

Hands down, one of the best finales I have ever seen. Seriously, just incredible!!!

DthRdrX 05-13-09 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly (Post 9442877)
Widmore mentioned to Locke that "a war is coming and you need to be on the right side"

Is Widmore against Jacob? What is this war? Did he know Locke would die? How does Widmore fit into this now?

Aghhhhh, next season can't come soon enough!

Well, maybe Widmore figures Jacob/Richard/Ben were the cause of his getting the boot from the island, so why not back the other guy. His interest if the Black Rock ledger is justified now.