DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/554954-lost-2-hour-season-finale-incident-5-13-09-a.html)

spainlinx0 05-22-09 10:45 AM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Hmm, maybe Locke does still have a part to play in this.

GenPion 05-22-09 09:31 PM

Yeah, and Jacob said to Locke: "I'm sorry this happened to you. Everything will be alright now."

So maybe Locke's story isn't over. I hope so, at least... :(

DarkestPhoenix 05-23-09 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James (Post 9448998)
A zoo on the island? :lol:

I think the polar bear part is still at least partly unanswered. They had two cages, and we assume one was for a polar bear. Why?

Both were for polar bears. One presumably pushed the wheel and ended up in the desert with Charlotte, one tormented our castaways.

DarkestPhoenix 05-23-09 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 (Post 9459736)
When did Jacob save Locke?

After Locke was pushed out the window, Jacob went over to his lifeless body, touched it and Locke was suddenly filled with life.

Maybe he didn't save him. But it sure looked that way to me.

Michael Corvin 05-23-09 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix (Post 9461883)
Both were for polar bears. One presumably pushed the wheel and ended up in the desert with Charlotte, one tormented our castaways.

Plus Tom quipped to Sawyer that the polar bearS figured out the fish biscuit device faster.

Breakfast with Girls 05-23-09 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix (Post 9459571)
No, Lockeness had to go to Richard to ensure Real Locke would have the bullet taken care of and leave the island to die.

Then, he had Richard and the Others come to the statue. I think the loophole may be that the leader of the Others can be given access into Jacob's sanctuary, but only Richard can provide that access.

I can't remember, but didn't Pseudo-Locke hand Richard the compass? If Fake Locke can't touch anything, how did that happen?

MovieBuff_Flea 05-25-09 09:11 AM

Gee, I need to catch up with Lost!

MoviePage 05-26-09 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix (Post 9461883)

If I'm remembering correctly, there was a third one in a cave that Locke and Eko went to find. Locke smoked something and the island "told" him to go find the bear. I don't really remember what else happened, because that was in one of the suckiest periods of the show.

James Lafleur 05-26-09 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by MoviePage (Post 9466032)
If I'm remembering correctly, there was a third one in a cave that Locke and Eko went to find. Locke smoked something and the island "told" him to go find the bear. I don't really remember what else happened, because that was in one of the suckiest periods of the show.

You are mostly correct. Locke and Charlie went to find Eko who had been taken by said polar bear into his cave. Locke then saved Eko by using a torch and some hairspray to burn the bear.

kaze0 05-26-09 12:55 PM

Isn't it obvious that the entire show is a dream. There's a polar bear in the Bronx Zoo who is dreaming that he lives on a tropical island and all the zoo keepers are the losties.

Draven 05-26-09 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by kaze0 (Post 9466444)
Isn't it obvious that the entire show is a dream. There's a polar bear in the Bronx Zoo who is dreaming that he lives on a tropical island and all the zoo keepers are the losties.

And the problem is that is no sillier than what the actual resolution will be.

cracksky 05-26-09 01:53 PM

My mind keeps going back to (I think) the Pilot episode where Rose hears the monster in the trees and says how familiar it sounds to her. That's gotta be a huge clue not only for what the monster really is but for Rose's part in the series finale.

dsa_shea 05-26-09 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls (Post 9462108)
I can't remember, but didn't Pseudo-Locke hand Richard the compass? If Fake Locke can't touch anything, how did that happen?

Pseudo-Locke didn't exist until after Locke left the island and then attempted to kill himself only to return to the island dead. The compass interaction took place before that ever happened. Now, I would like to know at what point did the other guy take over Locke's identity? Is he forced to stay on the island and wait for a vessel or is he allowed to leave the island like Jacob?

Palaver 05-26-09 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls (Post 9462108)
If Fake Locke can't touch anything, how did that happen?

Maybe I missed something. Where did the concept that Fake Locke can't touch anything come from?

dsa_shea 05-26-09 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Palaver (Post 9466652)
Maybe I missed something. Where did the concept that Fake Locke can't touch anything come from?

From the times that we think we've seen him and he refused to help and when he talked Ben into killing Jacob. I don't think that he is allowed to influence the outcome of events one way or the other. He has to make it someone else's freewill.

Palaver 05-26-09 02:46 PM

Gotcha. I see what you are saying.

But obviously he can touch things. He got a vine to help Ben out of the chamber under the temple. He brought boar to the Others. He just can't physically force people to do things. Freewill and all.

calhoun07 05-26-09 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 9466547)
My mind keeps going back to (I think) the Pilot episode where Rose hears the monster in the trees and says how familiar it sounds to her. That's gotta be a huge clue not only for what the monster really is but for Rose's part in the series finale.

Now that you mention it, I kind of took a double meaning in the whole "we're retired" bit from Rose. I got the vibe that her and Bernard were involved in the island at some point in the past, perhaps part of the continuous loop, and now they were retiring from that, choosing to sit out this time instead of getting involved. I got the feeling that they had been on the island before.

invisiblegt 05-26-09 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 9466547)

In one of the podcasts, it is revealed that
Spoiler:
one of the noises they opted to use for the Smoke Monster was the printer sound from a New York taxi. Seeing as Rose is from the Bronx, it makes sense for her to say the noise appears familiar.

CKMorpheus 05-26-09 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt (Post 9467339)
In one of the podcasts, it is revealed that
Spoiler:
one of the noises they opted to use for the Smoke Monster was the printer sound from a New York taxi. Seeing as Rose is from the Bronx, it makes sense for her to say the noise appears familiar.

Oh my god! Every single time I walk past a taxi in the city I always say to myself and my friends that it sounds JUST like smokie! They all think I'm crazy! But I'll show them!!

dsa_shea 05-27-09 09:05 AM

Even if Rose and Bernard were to "retire" they would still jump in time with the Other Losties as they are part of the group. If the others do in fact come to the present and Rose and Bernard do not then it will not make much sense given the precedent established in previous episodes during season 5. It just wouldn't make sense in the long run that Rose and Bernard could be Adam and Eve but with this show they will do whatever they want.

calhoun07 05-27-09 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 9468052)
Even if Rose and Bernard were to "retire" they would still jump in time with the Other Losties as they are part of the group. If the others do in fact come to the present and Rose and Bernard do not then it will not make much sense given the precedent established in previous episodes during season 5. It just wouldn't make sense in the long run that Rose and Bernard could be Adam and Eve but with this show they will do whatever they want.

Which makes me wonder all the more if they were on the island before and know some secret on how to get out of being caught in the time jumps.

I admit the theory is a big stretch, and based solely on taking a double meaning in the "We've been here before and now we are retired" line from Rose.

It would be ironic if Rose and Bernard were like the Qui Gon of the Lost series, in that they are the first characters to figure out how to do something nobody else has done before (Qui Gon...be a powerful Jedi still as a ghost, Rose and Bernard figuring out how to stop the loop.) Maybe not the best way to illustrate what I am thinking...that was just off the top of my head. But it would be ironic since people all along have considered them to be relatively minor characters. There is a reason they have stuck around this long and not fell victim to the red shirt fate.

nodeerforamonth 05-27-09 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix (Post 9461884)
After Locke was pushed out the window, Jacob went over to his lifeless body, touched it and Locke was suddenly filled with life.

Maybe he didn't save him. But it sure looked that way to me.

Question: do you (or anyone for that matter) remember when they first showed Locke being pushed out the window (was it season 3? 4?), did they show Jacob coming over to him? Or was that just added in during this episode? (along w/ all the other Jacob appearances)

Michael Corvin 05-28-09 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth (Post 9470119)
Question: do you (or anyone for that matter) remember when they first showed Locke being pushed out the window (was it season 3? 4?), did they show Jacob coming over to him? Or was that just added in during this episode? (along w/ all the other Jacob appearances)

They only showed him fall out the window, IIRC. They didn't show him on the ground.

mikehunt 05-30-09 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by goofee girl (Post 9442774)
Where did Rose and Bernard get all the new clothes?

stole them from darma like the food they had?

RoboDad 05-30-09 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9470449)
They only showed him fall out the window, IIRC. They didn't show him on the ground.

I can't recall exactly, either (I could look it up on the DVD set, but I don't have time right now), but I think they may have shown Locke briefly on the ground, but even if they did, it seemed like it took Jacob about 20-25 seconds to get over to him when he was on the ground, so it should still fit with what we (may) have seen before.