DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/554954-lost-2-hour-season-finale-incident-5-13-09-a.html)

Michael Corvin 05-15-09 12:46 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 9446238)
Even though I'm Mr. LOST spoiler (and you weren't talking to me), they did sort of confirm this on the show, via the blast door map:

http://www.barnapkins.org/lost/map.jpg

As you can see, it says "KNOWN FINAL RESTING PLACE OF MAGNUS HANSO/BLACKROCK"

Right, and I know this is nitpicking, but all that copy was not in the show. Someone else added it later, from external sources. So none of that, outside of the actual hatch sketches, can be considered canon.

DVD Josh 05-15-09 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9446303)
So none of that, outside of the actual hatch sketches, can be considered canon.

It is ABSOLUTELY cannon Mike. Those things are written on the map, they just aren't as easily visible as displayed above. The writers and producers have said time and again that they know folks pause DVRs, enhance images, etc., so they have to be careful about what is displayed and written on screen.

No one "made up" ANYTHING listed on the hatch map, they just enhanced it to make it easily viewable.

To say it's not cannon is not sustainable.

Here's the original map, you can clearly see the text on it:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.c...3/Lost_Map.jpg

RoboDad 05-15-09 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 9446246)
I tend to do a very poor job of explaining myself about this, and I recognize that. Just think that time is always moving forward, and you won't change anything by going back and doing something different. You were always born in 1980, because when you went back, that already happened.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing. :)

No, that isn't confusing at all. But that is the whole point of the paradox. If you go back in time, and change something that affects whether or not you exist in the future, or even changes your "future" memories from what they are now, you create an impossible-to-resolve condition. If the thing you do in the past always happened, then it is impossible for you to do something that prevents you from existing, or being where you are right now, with your current memories intact. Under that paradigm, it would be impossible for the Losties to do anything that erases their memories, and Faraday's epiphany (the "people" and "free will" variables) is pointless.

And that is the whole point of my earlier comments. Whether the outcome is a parallel timeline created by the bomb detonation, or whether it is "whatever happened always happened" logic, Jack's theory that preventing the catastrophe would allow the Losties to move on with their lives without ever having crashed, is completely fallacious.

DVD Josh 05-15-09 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by RoboDad (Post 9446381)
No, that isn't confusing at all. But that is the whole point of the paradox. If you go back in time, and change something that affects whether or not you exist in the future, or even changes your "future" memories from what they are now, you create an impossible-to-resolve condition. If the thing you do in the past always happened, then it is impossible for you to do something that prevents you from existing, or being where you are right now, with your current memories intact. Under that paradigm, it would be impossible for the Losties to do anything that erases their memories, and Faraday's epiphany (the "people" and "free will" variables) is pointless.

And that is the whole point of my earlier comments. Whether the outcome is a parallel timeline created by the bomb detonation, or whether it is "whatever happened always happened" logic, Jack's theory that preventing the catastrophe would allow the Losties to move on with their lives without ever having crashed, is completely fallacious.

Our conclusions are the same. The plane crashes in 2004. That already happened. He can't change it.

I'm saying that this show dispels with the logic of a paradox because it's not a loop.

dsa_shea 05-15-09 01:22 PM

My guess is that the losties from the past will all be trasnported back to the present day on the beach a la episode 1, they will recoup and then begin their journey to the end. I don't think we will see people back on the mainland as if the crash never happened but rather them being in the present time on the show. Now, however they lined up the timelines where Jacob knew they were coming with the event, that I'm guessing at this point is the flash, that gets them back to that present point is beyond me.

cracksky 05-15-09 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 9446329)
It is ABSOLUTELY cannon Mike. Those things are written on the map, they just aren't as easily visible as displayed above. The writers and producers have said time and again that they know folks pause DVRs, enhance images, etc., so they have to be careful about what is displayed and written on screen.

No one "made up" ANYTHING listed on the hatch map, they just enhanced it to make it easily viewable.

To say it's not cannon is not sustainable.

Just like all the stuff in Faraday's book. I remember freezing frames and reading that he thought the universe had started to expand and something about scale factor.

DVD Josh 05-15-09 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 9446491)
Just like all the stuff in Faraday's book. I remember freezing frames and reading that he thought the universe had started to expand and something about scale factor.

And the scrap piece of newspaper. And countless other things.

RoboDad 05-15-09 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 9446398)
My guess is that the losties from the past will all be trasnported back to the present day on the beach a la episode 1, they will recoup and then begin their journey to the end. I don't think we will see people back on the mainland as if the crash never happened but rather them being in the present time on the show. Now, however they lined up the timelines where Jacob knew they were coming with the event, that I'm guessing at this point is the flash, that gets them back to that present point is beyond me.

That's my guess as well. The only unanswered questions right now for me are:

1) Will Juliet survive (not the detonation*, but the injuries from the fall)?

2) Will Locke come back, or will the Enemy continue to masquerade as him?

3) Will Jack ultimately survive, or will Jacob reappear as Jack (implying Jack's death) to maintain the balance between him and the Enemy?

* Looking back, the more I think about it, we don't really know that the bomb detonated at all. All we saw was a white flash. Maybe that flash was the first occurrence of the time dislocation anomaly, and it merely coincided with Juliet hitting the canister.

Michael Corvin 05-15-09 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 9446329)

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 9446491)

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 9446502)
And the scrap piece of newspaper. And countless other things.

I get that, I just didn't think what was on the map was legible enough to make out, and the gaps were filled in by people not associated with the show.

cornflakeguy 05-15-09 03:19 PM

Thats what I was wondering/fretting about:

If the White Flash at the end was just a neat little dissolve into the logo and not indicative of anything storywise ie time shift or explosion.

That would suck.

pinata242 05-15-09 03:22 PM

The white flash had to indicate that the game has changed. Nothing else makes sense to me.

The elctro-magnetic event going on when they drilled into it was the same thing that happened when Desmond didn't push the button. So if the bomb had always gone off (Faraday's Whatever Happened, Happened Theory) then it never made any difference. It went off and nothing changed because the anomaly wasn't contained/destroyed.

Chang would have lost his hand whether the bomb went off or not - assuming, of course, he was even at the site at the time. As I recall, the only reason he was there was because of the information from the time travelers. So if he was only there because the bomb was there, then the only reason he lost his hand was because the bomb was there. And because we've seen Dharma videos with him having no hand in the 2004 era, the bomb must've always been there.

These thoughts are contradictory to each other so I have no idea what's going on right now.

dsa_shea 05-15-09 03:28 PM

Whats the over/under on this thread hitting 50 pages before next year's season premiere aires?

pinata242 05-15-09 03:35 PM

108:1

vaporware 05-15-09 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo (Post 9443447)
I keep thinking of the paradox from The Dark Tower, of Roland and Jake both slowly going insane from having two sets of incompatible memories, and I wonder if something similar will play into next year. Maybe something along the lines of 815 doesn't crash, but as they go about their lives they keep gaining memories of the things we've already seen on the island. Or maybe they're flashing between two different alternate realities. I dunno, that may be a bit too far-fetched.
BTW- I thought we were supposed to see a young Mr. Friendly/Tom in the finale?

You know, the more I think about this, the more it makes sense for...Farady! Remember when he cried seeing the news footage of the crash? He's probably been through this loop hundreds of times and each time he has slowly nudged the future towards a change, but doesn't remember any of the previous loops consciously.

aynrandgirl 05-15-09 03:52 PM

How did Bernard and Rose travel back to 1977? I don't remember them on the plane with Jack, Ben, Hurley, etc.

taa455 05-15-09 04:19 PM

Bernard and Rose were with Sawyer/Juliet/Miles/John/etc when they started flashing through time, right after the freighter blew up, so presumably B & R ended up at the same time they all did (except John since he left the island).

B & R separated from the rest of the group in terms of location, but they still continued to flash through time.

FatTony 05-15-09 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl (Post 9446736)
How did Bernard and Rose travel back to 1977? I don't remember them on the plane with Jack, Ben, Hurley, etc.

They were skipping through time with Sawyer, Juliet, et al. So once the skipping stopped and Sawyer's group joined up with Dharma in 1974, Rose and Bernard were out in the jungle, apparently setting up their hut.

RTorres481 05-15-09 04:23 PM

Rose and Bernard were part of the group of Losties that remained on the island after the Oceanic 6 left. Once Ben turned the donkey wheel, they began flashing through time. This group also included Sawyer, Juliet, Daniel, Miles, and Charlotte. At one point they were attacked by arrow shooters at the beach. Rose and Bernard went one way. Sawyer's group went another way. Meanwhile, Jin was somewhere in the ocean. All three entities (R&B, Team Sawyer, Jin) continued to flash through time, even as they remained separated.

The thought of Jacob now taking over another dead body is interesting. Could anyone imagine it being Sayid's?

golden_rod 05-15-09 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9445608)
What? I don't recall them ever covering such information on the show. Are you reading spoiler sites and posting stuff here? If that is the case, please don't.

Uh, I'm not. And all of it is canon.

"I would say in terms of all the… background that we did, in terms of the Valenzetti equation and explaining the formation of the Hanso Foundation and doing the other films…we’d consider that stuff canon to the show...in fact many of them were written by us personally so they are canon."

"I think that for us, yeah, I mean, all of Alvar Hanso and his relationship with funding the DHARMA Initiative is part of the mythology."

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/lost...amon-4766.aspx

cracksky 05-15-09 06:13 PM

Having just watched the finale again I really don't understand the confusion with the ending. Juliet repeatedly hits the bomb with a rock (that was set to explode on impact). As she says, "son of a bitch," the screen whites out and we hear an explosion. Even when they run the brief promo a few seconds later you hear the explosion again. The bomb absolutely exploded. How much damage to the island and who survived is the issue when season 6 starts. If Radzinski is alive, he seemed extremely determined to keep going no matter what. I saw bags of cement at the site that I'm sure were to be used for other reasons but now they just have to cover up the mess. If all are dead then Richard must've witnessed it and we have a paradox.

calhoun07 05-15-09 06:44 PM

This is the first chance I could get to this board since the finale, so I haven't read through all the pages of comments and theories yet...

So apparently there is some confusion if the bomb went off? Dude, the bomb went off. I don't think it destroyed the island or killed anybody on the surface, however. I believe that there are some physics involved here and that the electromagnetic force at the end of the shaft was far stronger than the nuclear force and it contained the explosion. And I predict it stopped the electromagnetic force and the force will resume in about 108 minutes. Just a theory, obviously, but I do think Jack and the gang were responsible for the incident, and I don't think the full brunt of the "incident" was just them drilling into the electromagnetic force. Nothing really started to happen until the bomb was thrown into the shaft, either.

I don't agree with comments Michael Emerson made in interviews that you cannot see how the show can continue. I can...it continues because the explosion did not destroy the island and season six will be the ending battle between good and evil.

At abc's Lost site there is an interesting theory on Jacob being "Satan" and the guy in black (the smoke monster/alive Locke) is "God." And Locke kicking Jacob into the fire was allegorical of God binding Satan and throwing him into the lake of fire.

So it appears the island CANNOT bring people back to life. Which is interesting (since I was one of the people who thought Charlie died in the first season when he was hung from the tree and the island brought him back to life and this idea was reiterated when it appears that Jacob brings Locke back to life after falling out the window) or maybe the life takes on a new form some how and the old shell is left behind as the dead body (going back to the caterpillar discarding his cocoon for the new life of a moth concept from season one.) I guess my question is why was Locke's coffin empty? Who moved his body? And what happened to Christian's body since apparently the same thing happened to him?

I am sure I will think of more questions and points later on, but this is a start.

RoboDad 05-15-09 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 9447006)
Having just watched the finale again I really don't understand the confusion with the ending. Juliet repeatedly hits the bomb with a rock (that was set to explode on impact). As she says, "son of a bitch," the screen whites out and we hear an explosion.

I just rewatched the ending again myself, and I think we'll have to agree to disagree. What we heard may have been part of an explosion, or it may have been something else (it almost sounded more like some kind of musical percussion instruments to me). But it sure wasn't what I would have expected from a nuclear detonation.

I guess we'll have to wait until next year to find out for sure. But the one that that is certain is that what "it" was, it won't have killed the Losties or sent them to a blissful, crash-free future.

calhoun07 05-15-09 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen (Post 9442746)
I thought perhaps this other guy at the beginning who wanted to kill Jacob was smokey. Smokey as Alex told Ben to follow Locke. Locke perhaps is a form of smokey and told Ben to kill Jacob. Maybe there's other stuff that backs this up as well.

I would assume Juliet could even flash, if that is what they really did at the end.

Ah, somebody else saw it too....this what I think as well. And the more I think about it, the more I think Jacob is the evil on the island. He is responsible for every bad thing that happens on it (from what we have seen, anyway) and the guy in black is the good force and the protector of the island and desperately wants to make things right again.

I just wonder if we will ever get an explanation of when those two got on the island and if and how. Or are they like the gods of the island and we are to presume they have always been there?

Originally Posted by RoboDad (Post 9447101)
But it sure wasn't what I would have expected from a nuclear detonation.

I think it's because the electromagnetic force at the bottom of the shaft contained the explosion so it didn't have the same effect as a typical nuclear weapon detonating on the ground or above ground.

calhoun07 05-15-09 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 9442766)
I thought they built their own.

Never cared too much for their story, but the closure their characters got was really nice.

It was well done, and now if it's revealed they were "Adam and Eve," I think it will be a bit more satisfying now. It gave their characters some closure on the series.

But what will happen to Vincent?

dsa_shea 05-15-09 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by golden_rod (Post 9446815)
Uh, I'm not. And all of it is canon.

"I would say in terms of all the… background that we did, in terms of the Valenzetti equation and explaining the formation of the Hanso Foundation and doing the other films…we’d consider that stuff canon to the show...in fact many of them were written by us personally so they are canon."

"I think that for us, yeah, I mean, all of Alvar Hanso and his relationship with funding the DHARMA Initiative is part of the mythology."

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/lost...amon-4766.aspx

But how important is all of that stuff now other than just providing us with interesting stuff to chat about until they inched the series along to the reveal of the real war? I think all of that stuff is just setting material but nothing really to hang much weight in the overall picture. Just my opinion and I could be dead wrong.

RoboDad 05-15-09 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07 (Post 9447108)
I think it's because the electromagnetic force at the bottom of the shaft contained the explosion so it didn't have the same effect as a typical nuclear weapon detonating on the ground or above ground.

As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree. You may be right, but you may just as easily be wrong. It might have been an explosion, contained by the EMF, or it might simply have been a coincidental time-shift event. All I am saying is that we cannot be absolutely certain that what we heard was a nuclear explosion.

cracksky 05-15-09 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07 (Post 9447117)
But what will happen to Vincent?

I think Jacob traveled to the island through Vincent and when he wants to hide from man on the island he stays in Vincent. Remember the dog art in the cabin? Clue.

dsa_shea 05-15-09 07:25 PM

Also, if the guy in black is really the good guy then why wouldn't he have a belief in humanity? Why would he think that humans are all the same and perpetuate the same negative occurrences over and over throughout history? For this reason I want to believe that Jacob is the one that is "good" and the other guy is the one that is "bad". Why would someone that is supposedly good be so deceitful to accomplish their end?

calhoun07 05-15-09 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by RoboDad (Post 9447123)
As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree. You may be right, but you may just as easily be wrong. It might have been an explosion, contained by the EMF, or it might simply have been a coincidental time-shift event. All I am saying is that we cannot be absolutely certain that what we heard was a nuclear explosion.

I tried to base my theory on physics websites, but my wee little brain couldn't exactly wrap itself around all that deep physics stuff. I tried to extrapolate the best theory I could from what I saw.

I guess the question is: What did Faraday want? Does anybody know (from screen shots or otherwise) exactly where he wanted the bomb detonated? Because I think the precise location of where it was detonated had everything to do with achieving the goal, and if it was detonated in the wrong spot, maybe not so much.

golden_rod 05-15-09 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 9447122)
But how important is all of that stuff now other than just providing us with interesting stuff to chat about until they inched the series along to the reveal of the real war? I think all of that stuff is just setting material but nothing really to hang much weight in the overall picture. Just my opinion and I could be dead wrong.

I don't think it's very important unless they do manage to tie it into the overall picture. Who knows if they will or not, it's just fun to theorize about. With this show, we don't know what the hell they'll throw at us next year. The writers are a bunch of whackadoos.

cracksky 05-15-09 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 9447135)
Also, if the guy in black is really the good guy then why wouldn't he have a belief in humanity? Why would he think that humans are all the same and perpetuate the same negative occurrences over and over throughout history? For this reason I want to believe that Jacob is the one that is "good" and the other guy is the one that is "bad". Why would someone that is supposedly good be so deceitful to accomplish their end?

There's a clue with Lapidus talking to Bram about whomever is most eager to say he's good is probably bad. Bram doesn't respond.

Both Bram and Ben both said they were the good guys in points past.

cracksky 05-15-09 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07 (Post 9447138)
I guess the question is: What did Faraday want? Does anybody know (from screen shots or otherwise) exactly where he wanted the bomb detonated? Because I think the precise location of where it was detonated had everything to do with achieving the goal, and if it was detonated in the wrong spot, maybe not so much.

Faraday probably wanted the entire bomb detonated on the surface close to the electromagnetic source. Sayid, incorrectly thought that just the core would be enough. When Jack dropped it in, the concentrated amount of metal near the magnet is probably what started the incident.

This might've worked with Faraday's plan but fate got in the way. Now, life goes on in '70's and I'm betting Kate, Jack & Sawyer will have to help pour the cement on Juliet's grave as they build their future hatch.

James Lafleur 05-15-09 09:22 PM

I decided to let all of this sink in for a few days before I posted something. After this I'll probably have to do some LOST detox until next year.

Basically I loved every second of the finale. And at the same time, I was still disappointed. I guess it was bound to disappoint with such high expectations. The second it started I knew where were about to meet Jacob, and honestly he was one of the things that DID live up to expectations. If we had to meet him eventually instead of keeping him shrouded in mystery, I'm satisfied with the way they took it.

It took me up until the Sawyer flashback to realize that it was Paul, the abusive ex-husband from Dexter. Speaking of which, that was easily my favorite of the flashbacks. Seeing little James Ford writing the letter at his parents funeral was heartbreaking.

We finally got explanation on how Hurley got on to Ajira 316, and it was worth the wait, but I was curious about the guitar case from the moment I saw it back when they got back to the island, then they mentioned it in the recap show, and now that I know Jacob gave it to him, I'm even more curious.

I've grown to like Jack again this season after hating him the past 3 season(the first season excluded), but his reasoning was losing Kate? Come on....

Juliet's change of heart bothered me, but I forgave her because Elizabeth Mitchell is fantastic. I hope that's not the last we see of her.

Sayid got shot! No, no....He's a tough Iraqi though. He'll pull through.

And John Locke really IS dead? I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, it was a hell of a twist. On the other, I miss the real Locke. I guess we won't be seeing him again.

And finally, my favorite character...Benjamin Linus. He wasn't really given much to do unfortunately, until the end. "What about me?" "What about you?" Wow....

The ending. I don't even know what to think. I can't even begin to comprehend it all. The white screen gave me chills. 8 months, really?!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot....where the hell was Desmond. I thought for sure we'd be seeing him. Guess we have to wait to get him and Claire back in the picture(and Penny of course)

DthRdrX 05-15-09 09:29 PM

No doubt, Jacob is the good guy. He sacrificied himself and let Ben kill him in the end. Mr. X manipulated everyone to kill Jacob. The interesting thing is that Jacob told Ben that he had to choose for himself. Jacob never tried to manipulate or persuade Ben to save himself. Jacob also told Hurley that it was his choice to return to the island. He did not try to scare him into doing it.

Jacob - believes humans are good and can live in peace. Wants people on the island.
Mr.X - believes humans are all horrible and will always act in a similiar manner. Doesn't want people on the island.

The Losties are not going to be in 1977 anymore. Why else would Jacob say, "They're Coming".

calhoun07 05-15-09 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 9447360)
The Losties are not going to be in 1977 anymore. Why else would Jacob say, "They're Coming".

So you think they are going back to the Black Rock days? That "They're coming" line suggested to me that was the first time modern people would find the island. Apparently an Egyptian tribe found it many years ago and it was a great place until the Black Rock incident.

What I want to see is HOW the Black Rock gets on the island. It looked pretty tranquil on the sea when they were watching the boat. What happens to wash it up in the middle of the island? There must be a tsunami. And perhaps that is what breaks the statue?

Phineas444 05-15-09 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ericmylad (Post 9443472)
I'm still in shock that after all this time Jacob turned out to be Hulk Hogan's brother from "No Holds Barred". Who knew? ;)

THAT'S where I've seen him! You just made my day. Throw me in for one of the lackluster finale votes. Just seemed rehashed from previous seasons. Leading people on a hike, wanting to blow stuff up....

DthRdrX 05-15-09 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07 (Post 9447389)
So you think they are going back to the Black Rock days? That "They're coming" line suggested to me that was the first time modern people would find the island. Apparently an Egyptian tribe found it many years ago and it was a great place until the Black Rock incident.

What I want to see is HOW the Black Rock gets on the island. It looked pretty tranquil on the sea when they were watching the boat. What happens to wash it up in the middle of the island? There must be a tsunami. And perhaps that is what breaks the statue?

I think 'they're coming' to 2007-2009.

We were told S5 dealt with Dharma/Time Travel. S6 is supposed to be about the end war. I'm sure we'll see the ancient times you mentioned though, maybe a Jacob/Richard flashback.

Now, obviously, every war needs at least two sides. I believe it's going to be The Others v.s. Widmore, but this time it will be a little different.

Let's go back in time. The entire Dharma purge doesn't sound like something Jacob would order. When Hurley asked about it in S4 Ben mentioned that he wasn't always the leader, suggesting that Widmore ordered the purge. This season, we saw Ben and Richard by the Dharma swing set prior to booting Widmore off the island.

I think Widmore felt betrayed by Jacob/Richard/Ben when he exiled. He'll return to the island in S6 and take up sides with Mr.X. How does he find the island? Widmore still has the Desmond Hume ticket.

The real question is what side do the losties pick? I figure most will side with Richard, though I'd bet anything we see Mr.X, as Christian, manipulate Jack. We've been waiting for the Christian/Jack scene for a long time now and the writers know it!

calhoun07 05-15-09 10:17 PM

Could Juliet be alive?

[spoiler]the actress apparently WILL appear next year on the show. Of course, that could be in flashbacks/future time lines when she was alive before going back in time)[spoiler]

I think it might be possible she could live because Desmond went into the belly of the hatch to blow it up (did he tap into the stored power of the nuclear bomb?) and survived.

Snowmaker 05-15-09 10:29 PM

This is what I get for waiting until tonight to watch it. I'm not reading through 21 pages to see if it was brought up, but why the big metal box to haul Locke's body around? Couldn't they have just used a stretcher? Or easier yet, just take the head?

golden_rod 05-15-09 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07 (Post 9447389)

I've been thinking that when Jacob said "They're coming," maybe he was referring to the Losties he visited off-island.

Remember when Jacob was making those lists of who to abduct from the crash? I don't think any of the Losties that were visited by Jacob were on the list. (Jacob's list was different from the list Ben created to give to Mrs. Klugh.) We know definitively that Jack, Kate, Locke, and Sayid were not on his list. If Jin, Sun, Hurley, and Sawyer were, it can be inferred that they would've been abducted like the Tailies.