DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/554954-lost-2-hour-season-finale-incident-5-13-09-a.html)

Palaver 05-14-09 01:45 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by s}{ammer (Post 9443997)
I just don't get how you can look past all the Egyptian theology and see Jesus. Jacob obviously predates Jesus. When you consider that the struggle between Jacob and this other guy fits perfectly within what we have seen of lost so far I just think those people who think Jesus are trying not to see the very answers to the questions they have been asking all along.

I think the writers have left things intentionally open ended where can you somewhat fit different mythologies and religions into the story. Some episodes have been overtly Christian in nature and themes. Others have been Egyptian and so on. I don't think the writers are going to lock themselves down to one particular story, but one that borrows from many.

SonOfAStu 05-14-09 01:45 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by s}{ammer (Post 9443610)

According to Papyrus Chester-Beatty I, Set is depicted as trying to prove his dominance by seducing Horus and then having intercourse with him.
However, Horus places his hand between his thighs and catches Set's semen, then subsequently throws it in the river, so that he may not be said to have been inseminated by Set.
Horus then deliberately spreads his own semen on some lettuce, which was Set's favorite food (the Egyptians thought that lettuce was phallic). After Set has eaten the lettuce, they go to the gods to try to settle the argument over the rule of Egypt.
The gods first listen to Set's claim of dominance over Horus, and call his semen forth, but it answers from the river, invalidating his claim. Then, the gods listen to Horus' claim of having dominated Set, and call his semen forth, and it answers from inside Set.


If they film that scene for Season 6, I'm out.

s}{ammer 05-14-09 01:46 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 9444003)
I don't see Jacob as Jesus, but rather see him and his compadre as living forms of the battle between God and Satan. At this point we don't know who is on what side if there are any sides. But there has to be sides since they introduced them to us way back in the first episodes.

Saying it is God and Satan is kinda missing the point. They made it clear that this predates God and Satan. In Christianity, God is the only supreme being, Satan is a cast out Angel, not on the level of God.

Think of it kind of like Crash of the Titans. In that movie you see a bunch of different gods manipulating man for whatever reason they have. Morally we may see one action as good and another as evil, but to the gods there isn't a difference. Kind of like if we put ants in a jar and decided to make this one walk a straight line, that one we kill, that one we repeatedly drown and so on.

So it isn't so much a battle of God vs. Satan as it is just two ancient gods who are playing a game. I mean just look at the Sayid scene from last night, if Jacob hadn't stopped Sayid his wife wouldn't have spun around and stopped in the middle of the road. So the "God" figure would have just sacrificed an innocent person to win in his battle with the "Satan" figure.

mphtrilogy 05-14-09 01:49 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
Heat Miser v Cold Miser?

Merkin Muffley 05-14-09 01:51 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu (Post 9444022)
According to Papyrus Chester-Beatty I, Set is depicted as trying to prove his dominance by seducing Horus and then having intercourse with him.
However, Horus places his hand between his thighs and catches Set's semen, then subsequently throws it in the river, so that he may not be said to have been inseminated by Set.
Horus then deliberately spreads his own semen on some lettuce, which was Set's favorite food (the Egyptians thought that lettuce was phallic). After Set has eaten the lettuce, they go to the gods to try to settle the argument over the rule of Egypt.
The gods first listen to Set's claim of dominance over Horus, and call his semen forth, but it answers from the river, invalidating his claim. Then, the gods listen to Horus' claim of having dominated Set, and call his semen forth, and it answers from inside Set.


If they film that scene for Season 6, I'm out.

Good luck getting that past Standards & Practices.

dsa_shea 05-14-09 01:53 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by s}{ammer (Post 9444024)
Saying it is God and Satan is kinda missing the point. They made it clear that this predates God and Satan. In Christianity, God is the only supreme being, Satan is a cast out Angel, not on the level of God.

Think of it kind of like Crash of the Titans. In that movie you see a bunch of different gods manipulating man for whatever reason they have. Morally we may see one action as good and another as evil, but to the gods there isn't a difference. Kind of like if we put ants in a jar and decided to make this one walk a straight line, that one we kill, that one we repeatedly drown and so on.

So it isn't so much a battle of God vs. Satan as it is just two ancient gods who are playing a game. I mean just look at the Sayid scene from last night, if Jacob hadn't stopped Sayid his wife wouldn't have spun around and stopped in the middle of the road. So the "God" figure would have just sacrificed an innocent person to win in his battle with the "Satan" figure.


Egyptians and their mythology do not predate the existence of God or Satan if you actually believe in God or Satan.

s}{ammer 05-14-09 01:53 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by Shinobi (Post 9444014)
You keep saying this as if it were true. This is not the time or place for a religious slapfight, but just know that while it is an interesting theory, it is hardly fact. :)

Ok, let me be politically correct then here. About a thousand years before Jesus, there was a God in Egypt named Horus who happened to have a lot in common with Jesus who was born much later.

This is why many of the things taking place in Lost seem like they could be from the bible. Many of the stories in the bible are remarkably similar to Egyptian stories.

Aphex Twin 05-14-09 01:54 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey (Post 9443210)

Dude, why is God groping Hurley's breast? What a horny guy!

Chang, Miles, and Hurley have to still be alive for them to make the video. So they are probably all still alive.

s}{ammer 05-14-09 01:55 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu (Post 9444022)
According to Papyrus Chester-Beatty I, Set is depicted as trying to prove his dominance by seducing Horus and then having intercourse with him.
However, Horus places his hand between his thighs and catches Set's semen, then subsequently throws it in the river, so that he may not be said to have been inseminated by Set.
Horus then deliberately spreads his own semen on some lettuce, which was Set's favorite food (the Egyptians thought that lettuce was phallic). After Set has eaten the lettuce, they go to the gods to try to settle the argument over the rule of Egypt.
The gods first listen to Set's claim of dominance over Horus, and call his semen forth, but it answers from the river, invalidating his claim. Then, the gods listen to Horus' claim of having dominated Set, and call his semen forth, and it answers from inside Set.


If they film that scene for Season 6, I'm out.

I think I would have to pass on that episode myself. :)

Pharoh 05-14-09 01:56 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by Shinobi (Post 9444014)
You keep saying this as if it were true. This is not the time or place for a religious slapfight, but just know that while it is an interesting theory, it is hardly fact. :)

:up:

It is simply wrong, in fact.

Now if he wanted to draw parallels with Horus's father, I would at least listen.

s}{ammer 05-14-09 02:01 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by Pharoh (Post 9444047)
:up:

It is simply wrong, in fact.

Now if he wanted to draw parallels with Horus's father, I would at least listen.

Well, Horus is in fact the correct one to parallel to Jesus.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5b.htm

slappy 05-14-09 02:14 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
Wow, my brain is about to explode. The grander they keep making the scale on Lost, the more fried it becomes. But, I'm loving it every step of the way.

The concept of Jacob vs. his rival, using people who show up on the island as pawns in some sort of cosmic game of chess, I can grasp. When I try to reconcile other important "Lost" plot points in to a relationship with that overlying theme, my brain starts to shut down. DHARMA, the Others, Bram & company, time travel, Desmond's ability, the smoke monster, etc... how do they fit into this incredibly far-reaching storyline? ACK!

I get the distinct feeling that the season 6 episodes are going to contain some of the most flat-out hardcore storytelling they've pulled off yet.

Michael Corvin 05-14-09 02:16 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
So where does Ba'al fit in? I hear he's looking for work.

superdeluxe 05-14-09 02:17 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by TabascoKid (Post 9442643)
It might be our imagination, but is.....


Spoiler:
Juliet pregnant? The way Bernard looked at her when he offered her tea and the way she was holding her stomach made my wife and I think she might have a little Sawyer in the over


TK


You were not the only one, my wife also mentioned that.

Spoiler:
Maybe that is why they wrote her out of the series

Nausicaa 05-14-09 02:19 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 9443780)
Remember, Richard said he saw them all die. The last time we saw him he was underground with Eloise. I can't imagine that bomb destroys everything, leaving only Richard. That must mean something else kills them afterward.

Yeah, we don't even know if the nuke went off. The white flash could just as easily have been the electro magnetic energy, flashing the losties backward or forward in time again.

And that's why I was pissed after this episode. There was only about 15 minutes of worthwhile content - the end. And that scene should have been in the beginning of the episode so we could, you know, actually see what the incident was?

Instead we get 90 minutes of 'Stop Jack: should we or shouldn't we?'. And the past-Jacob stuff which, while cool, could have been shown at any point in the season.

superdeluxe 05-14-09 02:25 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 9442824)
So what's the deal with the sand around the cabin? They showed it last season as well. There was a pathway through it this time so does the sand keep 'Black Shirt' away from the cabin?

In ancient times, people would spread ash around the house to protect it from demons, I think?

Michael Corvin 05-14-09 02:27 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by Nausicaa (Post 9444107)
There was only about 15 minutes of worthwhile content - the end. And that scene should have been in the beginning of the episode so we could, you know, actually see what the incident was?

Instead we get 90 minutes of 'Stop Jack: should we or shouldn't we?'. And the past-Jacob stuff which, while cool, could have been shown at any point in the season.

I wasn't pissed about it, but it did seem like 90 minutes of filler and 30 minutes of actual content... for a finale. The Jacob stuff in the first hour was important, but it should have been it's own episode and not part of the finale. Makes me wonder if they will be struggling to fit everything in for the last 16 episodes. It feels like there is so much more there.

Aphex Twin 05-14-09 02:28 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
What do Jack and Sawyer see in Kate anyways? I mean, Jack can get any women he wants, and he is obsessed over this elfin-lookin fugitive chick with a mediocre stumpy body. I think Juliette is much hotter than Kate. Did they even adequately demonstrate why Jack and Sawyer want her so badly? Is it because there weren't that many available chicks (Sun = married, Claire = damaged goods, Rose = married, Anna Lucia = psycho, etc.) on the island and Sayid called dibs on Shannon?

superdeluxe 05-14-09 02:29 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
I'm kind of upset juliet is gone, because now we are back to Jack-Kate-Sawyer show.

s}{ammer 05-14-09 02:32 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by superdeluxe (Post 9444135)
I'm kind of upset juliet is gone, because now we are back to Jack-Kate-Sawyer show.

I am hoping they won't have time to tell that story again. They have a lot of stuff to cover and only one season to do it.

OldBoy 05-14-09 02:32 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
this wasn't a bad episode. it wasn't nearly as strong as the entire season has been. but, i liked seeing Jacob and his ties (though contrived as they were) with the survivors.

who do we think the
Spoiler:
2<sup>nd</sup> Locke (since they were in the same timeline)
is?

also, we haven't found out what happened to Claire yet, right?

Pharoh 05-14-09 02:32 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by s}{ammer (Post 9444066)
Well, Horus is in fact the correct one to parallel to Jesus.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5b.htm


As mentioned, this isn't the place for this, and as such I will beg out of the discussion after this quick post, leaving any final word to you.


Aside from the facts that Horus was not born to a virgin, did not have a father or step father named Joseph, (seb), did not have any disciples, let alone twelve, was not born in a cave, did not have either angels or stars announce his birth, and was not resurrected, (and in fact may not have even died), there are plenty of similarities to the biblical Jesus.


The web link you supplied utilises two sources, one from a non-expert from the mid 19th century, and the other which uses the first source. The primary texts either directly refute many of those claims or make absolutely no mention of them. I suspect, as most do, that these false ideas come from wrong interpretations of pictures.

This is not to say that Christianity didn't borrow from many other religions that had gone before it, (I will definitely leave that alone), but Horus is not the one.

OldBoy 05-14-09 02:34 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by superdeluxe (Post 9444135)
I'm kind of upset juliet is gone, because now we are back to Jack-Kate-Sawyer show.

well, according to what happened at the end
Spoiler:
they won't even know each other
dun dun dunnnnnn!

superdeluxe 05-14-09 02:35 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by s}{ammer (Post 9444142)
I am hoping they won't have time to tell that story again. They have a lot of stuff to cover and only one season to do it.

Even though I am kind of done with that story line, I hope they wrap it up, considering how much time they put into it.

Pharoh 05-14-09 02:36 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
As for the show, I had alway been under the assumption that the Others had been on the island for a very long time, that is hundred or thousands of years, which is why they didn't time jump with the losties, that they were somehow deeply connected with the island itself. It now appears that this isn't likely, especially if Richard did indeed come from the Black Rock.

Who then are the Others? Where did they come from? And why haven't they been affected the same?

DVD Josh 05-14-09 02:37 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 9444143)

who do we think the <sup>nd</sup> Locke (since they were in the same timeline) is?

I think there's no question it's the Esau character in black at the beginning of the episode.

Speaking of, I thought it was interesting how the logo inverted from white to black on a white background, like an Othello piece in a "game".

s}{ammer 05-14-09 02:38 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by slappy (Post 9444095)
The concept of Jacob vs. his rival, using people who show up on the island as pawns in some sort of cosmic game of chess, I can grasp. When I try to reconcile other important "Lost" plot points in to a relationship with that overlying theme, my brain starts to shut down. DHARMA, the Others, Bram & company, time travel, Desmond's ability, the smoke monster, etc... how do they fit into this incredibly far-reaching storyline? ACK!

I get the distinct feeling that the season 6 episodes are going to contain some of the most flat-out hardcore storytelling they've pulled off yet.

I think you are correct here. My earlier posts have not been an attempt to say Egyptians were right and down with Christians. I have been trying to say that it looks like they set this up so that it is not going to be a simple case of good vs bad, God vs Satan. Neither of these being are truly good or evil. I also can't buy into a "lesser evil" concept here since the "bad guy" basically told Jacob he knew the game and was tired of it, yet Jacob "good guy" brought more people to keep playing.

I think this was a great show, but I also think they could have cut short showing Jacob go to all the losties. After the first couple you get the idea that he will visit them all, so why waste half the show on that? I have a feeling they did this because it might come back next season that we saw or missed something from it, like Juliet not getting touched by Jacob.

OldBoy 05-14-09 02:42 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 9444167)
I think there's no question it's the Esau character? in black at the beginning of the episode.

Speaking of, I thought it was interesting how the logo inverted from white to black on a white background, like an Othello piece in a "game".

explain...

Sir Talos 05-14-09 02:47 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
Building on some other peoples ideas: parallels between Jacob and Smokey (whatever his name actually is).

Smokey - God like powers. Able to imitate the dead. Presents as DARK cloud. Only able to kill people some people that may be 'impure' to the island. Inhabits the temple. That all we know so far without making many jumps in logic.

Jacob - God like powers. Healing / resurrection (Locke after he fell out of window). Here is where I am making a jump: When he acts he presents as flash of LIGHT, examples: flash of light during rapture of Jack et. al. off the Ajira flight after Jack reads Locke's letter, flash of light when Swan Hatch is destroyed (Desmond survives?), flash of light at end of this episode when Juliet detonates the nuclear device.

Now I place more emphasis on these "gods" needing human's to either make selfish or a selfless act in order for them to become involved. I don't have specific examples, but it seems Smokey is only able to kill when he scans people and finds they have done something bad. Examples of selflessness and possible Jacob involvement include Ben moving the island, Locke stopping the island from flipping through time (both knew they would have to leave island). Perhaps Jacob was able to fix things only with their help and this was their importance to Jacob.

Jacob and Smokey need people as fuel for their 'game' on the island and it seems only with free will and human choices are they most able to use their power. So it seems they are exploring issues of free will and predestination. There is a theme of what happened happened going on, it will be interesting to see if human free will can alter the plans that the two rival gods have for the island.

moonraker 05-14-09 02:47 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
I'm interested in this: why can't Jacob and his enemy kill each other directly? In other words, who or what is imposing/enforcing this rule? Why couldn't Jacob's enemy simply haved picked up a large rock and bashed Jacob's head with it during the opening scene of the season finale? I hope this gets explained in the final season (i.e., instead of just telling us they can't, I want to know *why* they can't). Because if these two guys really are the reason behind all the events we have seen, this question deserves an answer.

s}{ammer 05-14-09 02:47 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by superdeluxe (Post 9444157)
Even though I am kind of done with that story line, I hope they wrap it up, considering how much time they put into it.

I Wonder if Ben will still want Juliet when he finds out that she has been shacked up with Sawyer for 3 years.

Seriously, I am so tired of the triangles there that I really hope they devote only enough time next season for jack and sawyer to blow kate off for good. I loved her character before, but it seems like all her strength went to Juliet and she was left with the worst character on the show.

Flave 05-14-09 02:53 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by s}{ammer (Post 9443975)
Not that you repeated what I said, but simply missed it.

The Jesus in Christianity is based off of Horus from the Egyptian mythology. In lost they pounded into our heads last night that the mythos they are working with is Egyptian. Christianity is supposed to be a monotheistic religion, whereas in Egyptian mythology there were many gods. However, because the Jesus we know of today is so similar to Horus it will feel Christian to people not looking at it from a non-monotheistic point of view.

Jacob uses people as pawns just as much as the "bad guy" and he lets us know what he thinks of his pawns when he tells Ben what about you. So Jacob is not the good guy and his enemy the bad guy, they are just two different gods that have always and will always be at war with each other.

Another interesting thing I noticed in re-watching it that I missed the first time, the completed statue is a statue of Seth(Set) I believe. Also, Jacob knows it eventually will end but that he must keep pushing people so they will progress to the end. As he stated early on, "There is only one end, everything else before that is just progress." He also tells Jack that it just needed a push, which actually tied right in with what Christian did to Jack in the OR.

Sorry, but your "The Jesus in Christianity is based off of Horus from the Egyptian mythology" statement is simply inflammatory. Far more eminent people than me have solidly debunked this tripe and I won't be dragged into this debate.

And the statue is Sobek, not Set. It clearly has a crocodile head.

dsa_shea 05-14-09 02:57 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
The love triangles are really tired and were really there, in my opinion, to fill in time in episodes before they knew when the series would end. It would bother me none if they never returned to the love connections and focused solely on getting us to the end and telling a kick ass story over the last 17 episodes.

s}{ammer 05-14-09 02:59 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by Sir Talos (Post 9444199)
Smokey - God like powers. Able to imitate the dead. Presents as DARK cloud. Only able to kill people some people that may be 'impure' to the island. Inhabits the temple. That all we know so far without making many jumps in logic.

In an earlier episode didn't someone ask locke if he saw the smoke monster and he said he saw something but it wasn't a monster? Or something along those lines.


Originally Posted by moonraker
I'm interested in this: why can't Jacob and his enemy kill each other directly?

I would imagine it is because they are equals. They are both gods and in such have to abide by certain rules, like manipulating Ben to kill Jacob instead of just telling Ben the truth and then asking him to do it.

Anyone notice that Jacob was still alive when Locke kicked him in the fire, so if the fire killed the human form, then Ben didn't do it, so Jacob could still be alive and just looking for a new body now since the person who really would have killed jacob is the faux locke???

I would imagine they are using human bodies since he bled when stabbed and the faux locke was drinking water, and they both ate at the beginning of the episode.

Pharoh 05-14-09 02:59 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by s}{ammer (Post 9444203)
I Wonder if Ben will still want Juliet when he finds out that she has been shacked up with Sawyer for 3 years.

Seriously, I am so tired of the triangles there that I really hope they devote only enough time next season for jack and sawyer to blow kate off for good. I loved her character before, but it seems like all her strength went to Juliet and she was left with the worst character on the show.

Unfortunately they tried to ruin Juliet as well near the end of the season.

s}{ammer 05-14-09 03:06 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by Flave (Post 9444216)
Sorry, but your "The Jesus in Christianity is based off of Horus from the Egyptian mythology" statement is simply inflammatory. Far more eminent people than me have solidly debunked this tripe and I won't be dragged into this debate.

And the statue is Sobek, not Set. It clearly has a crocodile head.

Set also has an animal face with a long snout. I am not sure if it was a croc or not, I just noticed the long snout.

As for my previous posts, you are taking it the wrong way. Read my posts and you will see I am saying this isn't God vs. Satan so much as it is god vs god. There is no good guy or bad guy, they are just playing a game with the people being the pawns.

hardcore 05-14-09 03:08 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
I have to admit that though I loved this season, I was a bit disappointed with the finally too. Mainly it is the same thing as everyone else, everyone changing their minds for dumb reasons and the melodrama didn't really work for me.

But part of the problem for me is that it didn't really advance main plot from the last episode. At the end of the last episode we had Jack saying "I'm going to blow up the Swan!" and Locke saying "I'm going to kill Jacob!", and in this episode, they did just that. But I end up feeling shortchanged because we had another 2 hours of the show to move from "OMG they are going to kill Jacob/the Swan!" to "OMG they killed Jacob/the Swan!" without getting to see any of the repercussions.

It reminds me of the commercials the WB used to run for next week on Dawson's Creek. The commercial would always show you whatever the shocking dramatic cliffhanger for that episode would be, so you watch that episode, but you don't get any resolution to what you saw in the commercial for an extra week. Except in this case it is an extra year! :(

moonraker 05-14-09 03:22 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by s}{ammer (Post 9444236)

I would imagine it is because they are equals. They are both gods and in such have to abide by certain rules, like manipulating Ben to kill Jacob instead of just telling Ben the truth and then asking him to do it.

.


Not good enough of an answer for me. If they are both gods, as you say -- or even if they are not -- then there must still be some power higher than themselves which is imposing/enforcing this rule. That's what I'm getting at. I want to know the backstory of these two, Jacob and his enemy. Not just be told that they are the reason for all the events we have seen -- that would leave me very unsatisfied.

Gunde 05-14-09 03:32 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 

Originally Posted by Ms. M (Post 9442619)
I'm kind of disgusted that they have Juliet giving up on Sawyer for flimsy reasons and following Jack's stupid plan. Hey, why not put your personal feelings above the time-space continuum? Anyhow, it is a lousy way to write a character who has been portrayed intelligently before.

You have to be kidding.
The last few episodes I've just wanted to scream at them "It's not your life, you don't belong here. Snap the fuck out of it"

Aphex Twin 05-14-09 03:32 PM

Re: Lost -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "The Incident" -- 5/13/09
 
Another thing that bothers me about the Kate love triangle is that we have no idea who Kate is horny for and why. We know Jack wants her, Sawyer may want her, and Juliet probably wants to have a threesome with her, but what's Kate's feelings in all this? Maybe she just wants to get with Hurley, but they don't devote any time in the show for her hormones, so we really don't know.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.